Smoktech Omnitester ... any opinions?

moecat

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Mine just arrived in the email and is currently charging.

Just curious if any of you have used it and can share your thoughts?

smok_omnitester_uk.jpg

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
2 in one item.
Honestly good for a general idea if you are sub ohm building to a point and testing for a short.

At a certain point I don;t really trust the ohm meters below .10 you are pushing towards a dead short and would prefer more accurate measuring devices.

I have seen these cheap ohm meters be as much as .60 off one way or another so YMMV.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Mine was crap and MV would not take it back.

See fine print

moecat

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
@UncleRJ ... sorry, slow on the uptake: "crap" meaning inaccurate? And who is MV?

We carry them at the shop I work for. We've sold about two dozen of them and only had one bad one. They're reasonably nice, and the ability to test voltage under load is handy. My biggest complaint is that they don't do second decimal place, so they aren't ideal if you're into building low.

MoFo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I bought one in the beginning and then had to quickly buy something else. As Bignasty and ETR2k3 stated they don't read hundredths. So as long as you're not planning on low sub ohms it's a handy little device.

Vapor Fiend

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
A new vaper friend of mine brought one of these into work a couple months ago and it immediately broke as soon as he put an atomizer on it. I hadn't laughed that hard in a while.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Honestly for what you are going to pay for a smok like that you can pick up a ohm meter and an inline tester from else where.

VU Sponsors