Become a Patron!

SmokTech G-Priv 1.7 update

Garnetrooster

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Hey Everyone!
Kinda a newbie, been quit since June 2016. Anyway,
Found an update for the G-priv to 1.7. Mine was at 1.6.
Just an FYI, Do Not follow the directions on Smok website.
It says to hold the fire button until you connect with the software, then let off and start update.
NOT!
Hold the fire down from beginning to end.
Works like a charm....

semeyson

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hi so I'm trying to do the update but the Smok site has a pop up that won't go away. Can you post a direct link to the update. Also what did it update? And thanks for the heads up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Garnetrooster

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Have not seen any changes with the update.
Has anyone had any issues to where they would post an update?
I was hoping for the clock option for 12hr.
Nothing on this end but scratches on screen even with me being careful... oh well...

semeyson

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Have not seen any changes with the update.
Has anyone had any issues to where they would post an update?
I was hoping for the clock option for 12hr.
Nothing on this end but scratches on screen even with me being careful... oh well...
I actually think the mod came from the factory not being able to be updated. So this is just a patch to make it updateable in the future. The only performance issue I have is sometime while in the middle of firing it will stop. However I think it's because you either need to hold fire button in a certain spot with enough pressure even though it makes the click sound. if i release a tiny bit of pressure it will stop firing. Other then that, yes I would like to see a fix for the military time as well as a fix for the puff counter reset as midnight.

Saratoga Joe

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I was having issues with it going off within a couple minutes. I had to keep starting it (5 clicks). The update fixed that....not sure what else.

semeyson

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I was having issues with it going off within a couple minutes. I had to keep starting it (5 clicks). The update fixed that....not sure what else.
That's probably it then, I never had that issue but mine came with v1. 6? But that was one of the complaints I've seen on chat boards along with puff counter, military time etc.
Glad you got it resolved but it would be nice if Smok actually told you what the update does besides (performance issues).
Do you ever have the issue with it stop firing?

Saratoga Joe

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
That's probably it then, I never had that issue but mine came with v1. 6? But that was one of the complaints I've seen on chat boards along with puff counter, military time etc.
Glad you got it resolved but it would be nice if Smok actually told you what the update does besides (performance issues).
Do you ever have the issue with it stop firing?

Mine was v1.6 too. I haven't had any issues with it stop firing, while taking a hit. However, every so often, it will fail to fire. Maybe I don't always push the fire bar hard enough, though. Not a big deal. I'm very happy with the mod and the Big Baby Beast. Absolutely love the touch screen. Hopefully they'll add more features in upcoming downloads.

semeyson

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Would be nice if they did. What coils u using?

NickyGiaccone

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I have to say the G-Priv 220 is a beast with the Sense Blazer 200 tank and the interchangeable TFV8 coils, mainly the V8-T6, which is great for a 154W vape with a pair of VTC5A 25 Amp 2,600mAH Sony 18650s or if I use the Sense .2ohm coil near 178W, LG HB6s are my go to batteries. They charge quickly inside the mod to 4.2V each and the mod output 8V so it's good stuff. I don't need to find out if it'll last an evening at 200W with continuous swapping of HB6s and HB4s. 185W is the absolute most wattage I've used for my vaping.

NickyGiaccone

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Touch screen scratches aren't too big of a deal as long as the touch sensitivity remains and the screen is not at all cracked. I left my screen plastic on from the box for 3 weeks but its about to peel itself. The innovation is hands down the best of all besides say, a Boxer DNA 250 $189
  • 13.32Wh ; 3600mAh equivalent Lipo Battery Pack: (1200mAh / 3S1P / 3 Cell / 11.1V)
  • Minimum DNA 250 chip requirement of 35 amps or more continuous output. This is a revolutionary piece of equipment without any need for 185650s and the full 250W.
But the Smok G-Priv firmware 1.6 is working fine so I'll leave it for now. There arent issues with it. It may fall asleep and the trigger is a bit hard like a 1911 pull. Lol 24 hour time isnt a problem, a preference. Get a G.E.D. if it's causing you to miss appointments. Just kidding but seriously its just time format and its called 24 hour time not military time. Who cares. No mod tells time besides touch screens anywaym

semeyson

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Touch screen scratches aren't too big of a deal as long as the touch sensitivity remains and the screen is not at all cracked. I left my screen plastic on from the box for 3 weeks but its about to peel itself. The innovation is hands down the best of all besides say, a Boxer DNA 250 $189
  • 13.32Wh ; 3600mAh equivalent Lipo Battery Pack: (1200mAh / 3S1P / 3 Cell / 11.1V)
  • Minimum DNA 250 chip requirement of 35 amps or more continuous output. This is a revolutionary piece of equipment without any need for 185650s and the full 250W.
But the Smok G-Priv firmware 1.6 is working fine so I'll leave it for now. There arent issues with it. It may fall asleep and the trigger is a bit hard like a 1911 pull. Lol 24 hour time isnt a problem, a preference. Get a G.E.D. if it's causing you to miss appointments. Just kidding but seriously its just time format and its called 24 hour time not military time. Who cares. No mod tells time besides touch screens anywaym
Yeah but they did away with continuous puff counter as it resets at 0000 or midnight. Haha. Why on the Alien and other mods it doesn't reset? Just seems like a stupid way to puff count. The 1.6 works fine for me as well. The biggest problem I have with the mod and I've had two of them is that somtimes in the middle of the fire it will stop firing for a second. Somthing happens and even though I'm squeezing the fire trigger the mod thinks I'm letting up pressure and stops firing. At that point even though the fire trigger is being depressed I have to squeeze it harder to make it work.
I could care less about the other stuff.

Hey Everyone!
It says to hold the fire button until you connect with the software, then let off and start update.
NOT!
Works like a charm....
Yeah but they did away with continuous puff counter as it resets at 0000 or midnight. Haha. Why on the Alien and other mods it doesn't reset? Just seems like a stupid way to puff count. The 1.6 works fine for me as well. The biggest problem I have with the mod and I've had two of them is that somtimes in the middle of the fire it will stop firing for a second. Somthing happens and even though I'm squeezing the fire trigger the mod thinks I'm letting up pressure and stops firing. At that point even though the fire trigger is being depressed I have to squeeze it harder to make it work.
I could care less about the other stuff.

Hey Everyone!
NOT!
Works like a charm....
Mine won't come on I've tried doing the updates at least 100 times tried smoks way and yours and still won't work at all please help

Hey Everyone!
NOT!
Works like a charm....
I tried doing that and smoks way and mine won't even come on now any suggestions to fix it I've done the update like 100 times

Please help I've put the update on and now my GPRIV won't come on I've done the update at least 100 times to see if it would but no luck at all I've tried holding the button down the whole way threw and releasing it like smok said to nothing is working

BreSha6869

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

semeyson

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
My G-Priv and Alien are both working perfectly. Not a chance I am going to potentially screw either of them up with updates that could brick them.

Amazing products but Smok does come across as a bunch of douches when it comes to customer support.
U should see their Facebook page the never answer any questions.
Sorry bud.... I'm not doing it. To scared from what I've been hearing.
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1264500456957193&id=537597926314120

NickyGiaccone

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I made a mistake. My model is 1.6 and the firmware update won't work to get mine to 1.7. It's fine as is. In fact i popped a V8-T6 coil in the Sense Blazer 200, vaping at around 140W and using two LG HB6s. There's no issue with mine. Amazon sells that silicone slip piece that covers the mod with many color options and a screen protector attached. 11 bucks each. I would get that if you worry about scratches but I've not had a scratch, only finger prints. Mod of the year.

semeyson

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I made a mistake. My model is 1.6 and the firmware update won't work to get mine to 1.7. It's fine as is. In fact i popped a V8-T6 coil in the Sense Blazer 200, vaping at around 140W and using two LG HB6s. There's no issue with mine. Amazon sells that silicone slip piece that covers the mod with many color options and a screen protector attached. 11 bucks each. I would get that if you worry about scratches but I've not had a scratch, only finger prints. Mod of the year.
They just released v1.8...

BreSha6869

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
They just released v1.8...

Any groundbreaking new features with 1.8?

I dunno, mine is working great at 1.6, so I am likely going to leave it for a bit until a feature that I have to have is included with a future release.

I guess I am still a little gun shy with the first RX200 updates that bricked one of mine...

semeyson

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Any groundbreaking new features with 1.8?

I dunno, mine is working great at 1.6, so I am likely going to leave it for a bit until a feature that I have to have is included with a future release.

I guess I am still a little gun shy with the first RX200 updates that bricked one of mine...
1.8 is a patch to fix 1.7 apparently the day and time didn't work correctly after 1. 7.... So 1.8 isn't anything great.

semeyson

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So I've been resetting the clock every day for the last few and surprise the puff counter won't. go over 2000 puffs. Smok seriously now I look like a noob when ever we do puff counter shout outs on Facebook. Hahahaha. Dirt bags fix the puff counter. What's the point of having and advanced mod that only does half of what it could.

I just got my g priv last night,and was trying to update the firmware to 1.8,but my notebook couldnt read any micro usb and no device detected.any solution?

semeyson

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I just got my g priv last night,and was trying to update the firmware to 1.8,but my notebook couldnt read any micro usb and no device detected.any solution?
try holding the fire button the entire update process.

Hi All,

Sorry to bump a slightly old thread. However when I go to Smok website and go to do the update for my G-Priv 220w. I can actually download the upgrade tool. http://www.smoktech.com/support/upgrade/toolsandfirmware/gpriv

It just leads me to a network error page. Is anyone else getting this or know a solution around it?

Thanks

Nope the link is working fine, no network error for me, anyone had any problems with the G priv such as one of the batteries dying before the other? They're brand new batteries and I've tried labeling them and swapping them round to see if it's the batteries but I found that the battery in the right side, always dies before the left.
Also another problem is that when I try charging using the USB cable provided it makes a high frequency squeezing noise which doesn't sound too good, plus it only charges the left battery, and the right battery actually drains while it's plugged in???
I have looked after this mod and have had it for 4 months, not once have I dropped it or knocked it, and the round metal plate at the top of the mod in which the tank screws on to, has came loose and wobbles about, I'd say this is the worst mod I've had up to now, but I think from reading this I'm the only one experiencing these problems. Has anyone got a clue how to fix these problems or have any ideas on what I should do?

semeyson

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Nope the link is working fine, no network error for me, anyone had any problems with the G priv such as one of the batteries dying before the other? They're brand new batteries and I've tried labeling them and swapping them round to see if it's the batteries but I found that the battery in the right side, always dies before the left.
Also another problem is that when I try charging using the USB cable provided it makes a high frequency squeezing noise which doesn't sound too good, plus it only charges the left battery, and the right battery actually drains while it's plugged in???
I have looked after this mod and have had it for 4 months, not once have I dropped it or knocked it, and the round metal plate at the top of the mod in which the tank screws on to, has came loose and wobbles about, I'd say this is the worst mod I've had up to now, but I think from reading this I'm the only one experiencing these problems. Has anyone got a clue how to fix these problems or have any ideas on what I should do?
what firmware?

semeyson

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

VU Sponsors