Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
http://www.courthousenews.com/2015/06/01/smoking-will-get-you-a-lecture-in-seattle.htm

You've got to be fucking kidding me! - 5150

The Seattle Board of Parks Commissioners on Thursday amended the parks smoking policy, which prohibited smoking within 25 feet of another person, on penalty of a $27 fine.
Now smoking and chewing tobacco will be banned, but electronic cigarettes and vape pens will be allowed.
Recreational mj use, which is legal in Washington, is already banned in public places.
Cigarette smokers will not be fined, but educated by police and park rangers, who will "provide suggestions on where people can smoke," according to a Parks and Recreation memo.
A second offense will bring a verbal warning, and a third a written trespass warning.
Offender will also be given a resource card with a phone number to call for information on quitting smoking and resources for local support groups.
The parks memo includes an example of an "intervention" between a park ranger and a smoker.

"which prohibited smoking within 25 feet of another person,"

So if a non smoker rolls up on me I have to run fast enough to stay more than 25 feet ahead of him?

"Cigarette smokers will not be fined, but educated by police and park rangers, who will "provide suggestions on where people can smoke,"

So, a ban that's not a ban? Genius!!

Last edited:

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
What if you are smoking within 25' of another smoker?

Kent B Marshall

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Vaping is ok ?
Possibly more smokers will be vaping.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
oboy!! :D :D good one @5150sick :p
sorry I have been busy, and this week started out slow but picked up last night.. will be slammed...

VU Sponsors