Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Somehow, I suspect you can handle your tea. :giggle:

Mainly just because I cut off the caffeinated kind sometime before 4pm, and switch to decaf. :D I'm so un-caffeinated these days, if I drink one of those itty-bitty cans of Pepsi, I get wired. :giggle:

Andria

Rossum

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I'm so un-caffeinated these days, if I drink one of those itty-bitty cans of Pepsi, I get wired. :giggle:
death_before_decaf.jpg

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Well... if ever you start getting swollen legs and ankles because your sodium and potassium are severely out of whack thx to chronic borderline dehydration, you might rethink that. It never bothered me until I started vaping, which pushed borderline over the line into severe. There's also the feeling that I really hate being addicted to something that doesn't even provide a nice buzz. ;)

But I do still prefer/require? decaf for the first few hrs of the day. Probably just a mental thing -- it's actually the warmth of morning beverages that wakes you up. I know very well that most won't believe that for a New York second, but it's still true.

Andria

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
Well... if ever you start getting swollen legs and ankles because your sodium and potassium are severely out of whack thx to chronic borderline dehydration, you might rethink that. It never bothered me until I started vaping, which pushed borderline over the line into severe. There's also the feeling that I really hate being addicted to something that doesn't even provide a nice buzz. ;)

But I do still prefer/require? decaf for the first few hrs of the day. Probably just a mental thing -- it's actually the warmth of morning beverages that wakes you up. I know very well that most won't believe that for a New York second, but it's still true.

Andria

I can understand that borderline dehydration, Andria.. oh too well!!
but I have to have my coffee, otherwise I will be prying my eyes open all day!

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I can understand that borderline dehydration, Andria.. oh too well!!
but I have to have my coffee, otherwise I will be prying my eyes open all day!

Yeah, I still use caffeine tea in the morning/early afternoon... but I try to avoid caffeine after about 4-6pm; insomnia is another chronic problem, though melatonin seems to be helping a great deal. If you get the swollen extremities from the dehydration, you might try out coconut water -- it helped me banish those cankles and keep them gone, just by having a big glass of chocolate coconut water mixed with a little chocolate milk with breakfast every day. Best tasting medicine I've EVER tasted! :D

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Have I ever mentioned I run hot.And my wife is damn near a radiator?

Don't think so. Back when I was flushing into a hot flash about every 10 mins, I loved winter, but that's mostly over now; still get the occasional flash, but not as hot, and they pass pretty quickly. But I learned the trick for a quick cool-down -- get a paper towel wet with cold water, and apply it to your ears, and stand in front of a fan -- the flaps of the outer ear are a FAST way to cool down, that's what they're for! I figured it out because I happened to be looking in a mirror once when I got a hot flash, and my ears turned bright red. :)

Other than the hot flashes, I run pretty cool, and my husband is always cold -- in the summer he'll look at the temp in the house and want to know why I have it set at 75, "because I'm hot," I tell him -- unlike him, I can't walk around without a shirt on, and I refuse to go barefoot. So I tell him to dress like me (jeans, t-shirt, sneakers) and he won't be so damn cold!

Andria

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Don't think so. Back when I was flushing into a hot flash about every 10 mins, I loved winter, but that's mostly over now; still get the occasional flash, but not as hot, and they pass pretty quickly. But I learned the trick for a quick cool-down -- get a paper towel wet with cold water, and apply it to your ears, and stand in front of a fan -- the flaps of the outer ear are a FAST way to cool down, that's what they're for! I figured it out because I happened to be looking in a mirror once when I got a hot flash, and my ears turned bright red. :)

Other than the hot flashes, I run pretty cool, and my husband is always cold -- in the summer he'll look at the temp in the house and want to know why I have it set at 75, "because I'm hot," I tell him -- unlike him, I can't walk around without a shirt on, and I refuse to go barefoot. So I tell him to dress like me (jeans, t-shirt, sneakers) and he won't be so damn cold!

Andria
A cold damp towel on the back of the neck works too.
It's pretty cold in (The City) tonight and I'm feeling the chill.However my wife is sleeping on top of the covers naked and she still feels warm enough to toast bread on.

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media