Become a Patron!

Smoketech X-pure RDA

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Sorry if this has been posted, I did a search and it didn't come up.

Seems pretty nice to me. :)

xpure5.jpg

xpure8.jpg

xpure2.jpg

Introducing the Smoktech X-Pure RDA. This is the most creative and unique atomizer we've seen! It features an adjustable airflow system, a small triangle on the front of the tank, adjustable by using the included screwdriver. The airflow travels from the triangle, down a gap inside the inner and outer wall of the tank, and then through a hole below the deck. The deck/base is ceramic, and by looping or tying your wick on top of your build you can store more liquid! Kayfunesque, but different in VERY cool ways!

• Diameter: 22mm
  • Dual or Single Coil
  • Pre-Built with 1.2Ω Dual Coil
  • Stainless Steel
  • Airflow Control
  • Ceramic Base/Deck

The X-Pure is designed to be paired with the Smoktech Fury-S Mechanical Mod

Includes:

1 X-Pure RDA
1 Mini Clear Glass & SS Drip Tip
1 Triangle & Phillips Mini Screwdriver
1 Box Packing with Serial Number/Authenticity Sticker

A link: http://sweet-vapes.com/smoktech-x-pure-rda.html

State O' Flux

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
They're OK. Although they do have good flavor, most that have bought them complain about the lack of post holes, only fair air flow and the gimmicky triangle air flow adjuster.
I bought one, tried it... gave it away, and went back to my Origens, Odins and Veritas'... or is that Veritai? ;)

If you get one, the easiest way to build duals for it is with a center looped, single piece of wire... eliminates dicking around with two hooked wires on the positive post.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It does seem a bit gimmicky, but it's nice to see something somewhat original from China. :)

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Pretty cool design, but don't dig that way to change air control, you lose that triangle tool, then you are stuffed.

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This looks like it wouldn't leak through the airhole. That's good.
The small chamber in a large dripper format? That's good.
The cool transparent drip tip? That's good... provided its inner diameter is wide enough to drip through it without taking it off each time.
The special tool to adjust the special airflow control screw head? That's BAAAD.
The inner chamber wall that needs to screw on between the outer wall and the wicks? That's bad.

I think I'll pass.

EDIT: Okay I didn't pass. I'm curious. I have two on order :)

Last edited:

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've received the X-Pure RDAs I'd ordered in the mail this morning. I coiled and wicked one up and I'm vaping it right now with unflavored VG - the golden standard I use to test flavor delivery.

So far, my preliminary observations are:

- As expected, the inner cylinder catches the wick and doesn't screw on easily. Bit of a pain, that. Apparently, Smok ties the wicks above the screws, so no problem with that setup. But I like very short wicks, so mine are folded and lay along the air slots, and are held there with the tail of the coils on each side. My setup is neat and tight, but not tight enough to avoid the silica catching in the threading. But with a little persuasion, the inner cylinder eventually screws on properly

- The draw is extremely airy: even with the adjustable air flow thingy fully closed, it's totally loose. Clearly, this is a device for vapers who like direct lung hits. So I taped the air hole shut, and I only use the adjustable side about a quarter of the way open as an air intake, to get a tighter draw.

- The drip tip is GORGEOUS, but completetly useless as a dripper's drip tip. The inner diameter is much too narrow. So I chucked it in my parts bin and installed a properly wide drip tip.

- The vape is nice, warm, flavorful and thick. But like all dual coils, it takes a while to get going. I'm not fond of dual-coilers myself, but I find it very good as these things go.

- It's surprisingly short: with a short drip tip, it's only 1/4" taller than a Smok Dripper RDA - one of the shortest RDAs on the market. That's very, very good.

- The X-Pure logo looks a bit tacky. Unfortunately, it's properly engraved and not cheaply stenciled, meaning that it's not easy to remove.

- No leaks so far. I dig that very much.

So, I'll see how it behaves in the long run and then I'll post a proper review. In the meantime, I must say it's quite an interesting RDA. For the price, it definitely looks like it's a keeper.

EDIT: FWIW, I use two 5-turn 34-gauge kanthal coils on two separate 3 mm silica wicks - about 1.5 ohms - that I run at 13W

Smok_X-PureRDA_on_Dovpo_E-LVT_zpsc97eeabb.jpg

Last edited:

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Damn, after vaping it for a while, flavor production is off the chart. It's so flavorful it makes me cough. Even pure VG tastes like it had a good dose of ethly maltol in it. I have to find a way to tone it down a notch...

Hartoled

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
For vapers who also enjoy building ships in bottles...umm...ships in cans.

VU Sponsors