Become a Patron!

Smok

Polargirl

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Since you are too spergy to communicate in words, I'll communicate in your language -- memes!

yhqnyhr4.jpg

Starring SteveS45

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
OK, so here it is in TEXT for you, you freaking Bullshit Artist. If you actually ordered the DNA it would have been here already or like I posted you would have been bitching about the USPS. Now you say you getting gear for free but you will not post a picture. If you did it would probably be a website image and not held in your hand. You are such a sad excuse it is sad................

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Just Hilarious to sit here vaping on my Alien reading these posts thinking is it user error or abuse why the MOD's fail?

upload_2017-11-15_19-32-33.png

Sure the paint did not stand up with the abuse my RX200S went thru but the 510 is still as good as the day I got it.

Last edited:

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Definitely a good way to quit cigarettes! I'm still trying to quit at the moment. Mainly end up smoking when I drink!
That's why I bought a really expensive first mod. Sure I could have said "fuck It," but then I would look at this really expensive mod and figure I have to use it.

BAM crew

Polargirl

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I suspect that about a week after black Friday the what's wrong with my Smok stuff posts flood in.

Like it hasn't already but yeah, it will only increase after then.

Too bad this site doesn't offer more support to these people and less to these manufacturers. I guess the most technically sound advice would be to buy a mod with a DNA, Yihi, or FSK chip but that is a bit over the top for new vapers and still doesn't completely solve the problem since even they need vast improvement on warranty service.

I guess the Battlestar is the best mod that doesn't have one of those three chips especially for TC later on?

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Like it hasn't already but yeah, it will only increase after then.

Too bad this site doesn't offer more support to these people and less to these manufacturers. I guess the most technically sound advice would be to buy a mod with a DNA, Yihi, or FSK chip but that is a bit over the top for new vapers and still doesn't completely solve the problem since even they need vast improvement on warranty service.

I guess the Battlestar is the best mod that doesn't have one of those three chips especially for TC later on?
but you are still in the high power mod mindset.
PLENTY of single battery mods out there that perform well.
And Smok stuff is NOT for those just quitting smoking.

Polargirl

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
but you are still in the high power mod mindset.
PLENTY of single battery mods out there that perform well.
And Smok stuff is NOT for those just quitting smoking.
None of DNA, Yihi, or FSK is either; even less so than Smok so that obviously wasn't the point. The point was about making products that work as advertised and better warranty service when it doesn't regardless of how much power anyone vapes at.

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was wondering the same thing. The forum also has a sub-forum for vendors so people can actually communicate with them. It's nice to have a little community and everything, but vaping is like any other consumer product - you pays your money and takes your chances. I don't expect anyone to go advocate for me and hold my hand when I buy a... I don't know, coffee maker. I don't expect any different when I by a mod.

Polargirl

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
What would you have this site do to support them?
... I mean besides giving disgruntled owners a forum in which to vent.

It can start with doing more to sympathize with the fraud victims than the manufacturers as this whole thread is about. If people stopped white knighting bad manufacturers and started orientating themselves towards the possible victim they to could become rather than the manufacturer they never will be; the ideas on how to better support others will come.

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It can start with doing more to sympathize with the fraud victims than the manufacturers as this whole thread is about. If people stopped white knighting bad manufacturers and started orientating themselves towards the possible victim they to could become rather than the manufacturer they never will be; the ideas on how to better support others will come.
This forum is a business not a consumer advocacy group. It's not in the owner's interest to bash advertisers.

Polargirl

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I was wondering the same thing. The forum also has a sub-forum for vendors so people can actually communicate with them. It's nice to have a little community and everything, but vaping is like any other consumer product - you pays your money and takes your chances. I don't expect anyone to go advocate for me and hold my hand when I buy a... I don't know, coffee maker. I don't expect any different when I by a mod.
Um, a coffee maker has a much higher expectation of actually working as advertised than a mod unfortunately; at least one bought in the USA with a UL label on it. And if the coffee maker is defective, there is a much higher expectation of either warranty or even refund.

This epic false equivalency is one of the types of white knighting of fraudsters that needs to end. Expecting a mod to work as reliably as any other electrical product with a UL label might be asking too much at this time but even a mod that claims TC can at least do TC even if it isn't anything like advertised would be a major improvement.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Try expressing a negative opinion of an ECF advertiser & see what happens.

Just try expressing any opinion over there and see what happens. Can't even use the new rating system to disagree. Disagree with too many thing the Mods consider it abuse?

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
This forum is a business not a consumer advocacy group. It's not in the owner's interest to bash advertisers.

But he allows us to bash whoever/whatever - and for the most part, everyone's experience with a product will be different

Remember, Wismec's RX200 was the 2016 Mod of the Year

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
But he allows us to bash whoever/whatever - and for the most part, everyone's experience with a product will be different

Remember, Wismec's RX200 was the 2016 Mod of the Year
Right. I agree.

I don't expect old man joe to get on a soap box for me or call people at smok. To me, that doesn't make joe a "shill", it's quite the opposite. He's allowing us free use and expression in his place of business, what else do people want?

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Right. I agree.

I don't expect old man joe to get on a soap box for me or call people at smok. To me, that doesn't make joe a "shill", it's quite the opposite. He's allowing us free use and expression in his place of business, what else do people want?

More a pimp than a shill :giggle:

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Just try expressing any opinion over there and see what happens. Can't even use the new rating system to disagree. Disagree with too many thing the Mods consider it abuse?

Even if you don't disagree with them they still consider it abuse.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Even if you don't disagree with them they still consider it abuse.

Also if you do find a way to piss the mods over there off without breaking one of the 50,000 rules they just ban you anyway and make what you did rule# 50,001

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Since this is the Smok thread i noticed another member posting about a Smok Alien mod that the screen fried in 3 days.

Luckily the vendor exchanged it.

Newer Smok mods kind of remind me of the first xbox360s.
Way back in 2005 when they didn't even have an HDMI output.

Does anyone remember they would fuck up and get the RROD (red ring of death)?

You'd not only have to send them back to Microsoft and wait three months with no game console (that would have been bad enough) but you also had to send them $100 so they'd fix their own fuck up!

Come to find out they were using a lead free solder on the boards that when heated it would cause the gpu to separate from the circuit board.

I think when it was over Microsoft finally admitted that they had close to a 35% failure rate in the first year of use.

I learned pretty quick that no HDMI means no buy.

VU Sponsors