Become a Patron!

Smok V8 stick + GeekVape peerless RDA

Hi fellow vapsters,

I have since a few month had the V8 stick from Smok with the big baby beast and using the M2 0.15 ohm coils. Love it cause of simplicity.
After some research I wanted to try a RDA and after several hours on YouTube I decided to go with the Peerless from GeekVape.

Since this is my first unregulated mod I have a few questions in terms of keeping my battery safe.

I have been looking at the different prebuilt wires from GeekVape. Alien, fused Clapton and so on. All of them have different ohm values. At what ohm value should I be careful about my battery drawing too much current so it might damage. Is it at the low ohms 0.15 or lower or is it at the high ohms 0.5 or higher?

Thank you for your time

Sendt fra min SM-G955F med Tapatalk

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Hi fellow vapsters,

I have since a few month had the V8 stick from Smok with the big baby beast and using the M2 0.15 ohm coils. Love it cause of simplicity.
After some research I wanted to try a RDA and after several hours on YouTube I decided to go with the Peerless from GeekVape.

Since this is my first unregulated mod I have a few questions in terms of keeping my battery safe.

I have been looking at the different prebuilt wires from GeekVape. Alien, fused Clapton and so on. All of them have different ohm values. At what ohm value should I be careful about my battery drawing too much current so it might damage. Is it at the low ohms 0.15 or lower or is it at the high ohms 0.5 or higher?

Thank you for your time

Welcome to the VU! :wave:
You need to know your mods limits... your Ohms Law... and your batteries. You can find all this info by doing a simple search here in the forum.

Welcome to the VU! :wave:
You need to know your mods limits... your Ohms Law... and your batteries. You can find all this info by doing a simple search here in the forum.
Thank you.

Yes I might have been too fast writing that post.

I do have a question.

According to smok website the stick has 3000mah and 20 Amp. They are selling m2 ccoils with 0.15 ohm. According to the calculator it would use 28 amps at 4.2 v. Is that not considered dangerous since this is a mech mod?

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Thank you.

Yes I might have been too fast writing that post.

I do have a question.

According to smok website the stick has 3000mah and 20 Amp. They are selling m2 ccoils with 0.15 ohm. According to the calculator it would use 28 amps at 4.2 v. Is that not considered dangerous since this is a mech mod?

This mod is not a true mech... it's regulated even though you can't adjust the wattage. There are multiple protections, such as: 8 seconds protection, low resistance protection, short circuit protection, and low voltage protection.
If the manufacturer is selling these coils with this setup, you can trust that the regulation of the device will protect you.

If the device low ohm limit is .15... than you NEVER want to use a coil with lower than .15 ohms on the device. No matter what tank you are using, its the coil ohms that matter.

That is good to know. Cause then I don't need to invest in a other mod cause I really like the simplicity of the v8. Now i will slowly but safely move towards my RDA and hopefully build a good deck.

Thank you for your answers. Much appreciated!

IMFire3605

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
In all honesty, the RDA should, "In Theory", work with that Smok V8 Stick. Looking at all those fancy shmancy coils that Geek Vape makes, especially anything Fused Clapton or more intricate even like Juggernaut I highly doubt that simple, basically an advanced version of an Ego Pen style battery has the oomph to push them adequately, it might work, but the ramp up time will be seriously lagging and your battery run time will plummet due to so much time ramping up the heat on a wire massive coil. Until you get a grasp of the intricacies of working with RDA or any other rebuildable device, you need to understand the Ohm's Law formula of V/R=I for mechanicals/unregulated mods, as well as "Watts Law" for regulated devices (Watts/Lowest Voltage/90% Efficiency=I), two completely different animals when thinking about Amps pulled from batteries.

Going with pre-wound coils K.I.S.S. (Keep It Simple Stupid) when you are first starting rebuilding, so thus get some pre-made coils that are just basic simple round wire coils to start, maybe even some basic twisted wire coils, you will need a dedicated "Ohm Reader" or a Digital Multi-Meter to read your ohms after the coils are mounted into a rebuildable device, "Never" just fire a new set of coils without knowing what their resistance (Ohms) are, this will detect if any a unstable coil setup or a loose connection (Ohms on the reader are bouncing around when RDA is moved or if the RDA is sitting stable and firm on the reader). As we have to when young learn how to crawl before we walk, and later walk before we run, starting with simple wire builds is valuable knowledge. Later when you have learned how to trouble shoot and locate potential problems and how to fix them, then you can move on to more advanced wires, just remember, more wires in a coil the more wire mass is there to heat up (ramp up time). Some of these super fancy shmancy coils need major amounts of watts, volts, and/or amps behind them to even begin to function properly, this is where I say that Smok V8 Stick might lack in this department.

To go crazy and have fun you will need a more advanced mod to eventually push that RDA with fancy coils, this is where the dual, triple, and quadruple battery mods come into play, more batteries with more power in voltage available to be able to push and ramp those coils up.

Remember also, those fancy coils may look pretty and impressive, but they do have a downside, battery efficiency tanks badly to compensate.

A true master builder can do amazing things with an RDA, and do it with a much simpler wire build with less power, case in point I've PO'd off many a cloud chaser with a super fancy fused clapton build at 130+watts with a simple 30awg triple parallel build at 45watts and out clouded them with a smaller RDA designed for flavor and not airflow for clouding, just saying.

In all honesty, the RDA should, "In Theory", work with that Smok V8 Stick. Looking at all those fancy shmancy coils that Geek Vape makes, especially anything Fused Clapton or more intricate even like Juggernaut I highly doubt that simple, basically an advanced version of an Ego Pen style battery has the oomph to push them adequately, it might work, but the ramp up time will be seriously lagging and your battery run time will plummet due to so much time ramping up the heat on a wire massive coil. Until you get a grasp of the intricacies of working with RDA or any other rebuildable device, you need to understand the Ohm's Law formula of V/R=I for mechanicals/unregulated mods, as well as "Watts Law" for regulated devices (Watts/Lowest Voltage/90% Efficiency=I), two completely different animals when thinking about Amps pulled from batteries.

Going with pre-wound coils K.I.S.S. (Keep It Simple Stupid) when you are first starting rebuilding, so thus get some pre-made coils that are just basic simple round wire coils to start, maybe even some basic twisted wire coils, you will need a dedicated "Ohm Reader" or a Digital Multi-Meter to read your ohms after the coils are mounted into a rebuildable device, "Never" just fire a new set of coils without knowing what their resistance (Ohms) are, this will detect if any a unstable coil setup or a loose connection (Ohms on the reader are bouncing around when RDA is moved or if the RDA is sitting stable and firm on the reader). As we have to when young learn how to crawl before we walk, and later walk before we run, starting with simple wire builds is valuable knowledge. Later when you have learned how to trouble shoot and locate potential problems and how to fix them, then you can move on to more advanced wires, just remember, more wires in a coil the more wire mass is there to heat up (ramp up time). Some of these super fancy shmancy coils need major amounts of watts, volts, and/or amps behind them to even begin to function properly, this is where I say that Smok V8 Stick might lack in this department.

To go crazy and have fun you will need a more advanced mod to eventually push that RDA with fancy coils, this is where the dual, triple, and quadruple battery mods come into play, more batteries with more power in voltage available to be able to push and ramp those coils up.

Remember also, those fancy coils may look pretty and impressive, but they do have a downside, battery efficiency tanks badly to compensate.

A true master builder can do amazing things with an RDA, and do it with a much simpler wire build with less power, case in point I've PO'd off many a cloud chaser with a super fancy fused clapton build at 130+watts with a simple 30awg triple parallel build at 45watts and out clouded them with a smaller RDA designed for flavor and not airflow for clouding, just saying.
Thank you so much for your post..! Since those ready made coils are cheap to get I will start to experiment and probably I will buy a regulated mod to start Safe and slowly move towards a real mech mod.

VU Sponsors