Become a Patron!

Smok Treebox Plus - problem

I pre-ordered the new Brazilian rosewood dual 18650 box mod from vapenw, and it was working fine for about 1 week. Then I noticed that the plus button (closest to the bottom) started to not click when depressed. I watched Not-Another-Vape show where Daniel of DJLSBVapes showed his new Treebox Plus mod and revealed potential defects in the buttons and they are not an actual electrical contact, but buttons that are floating in the wooden housing and because of this, the buttons could stick or not function properly. I just wanted to give a heads up to those of you thinking of getting this mod. I would wait until SmokTech addresses this problem. I have to send mine back and probably get a refund.

I ordered this, because I have the Treebox 75w single 18650 mod which works very well and looks nice and wanted the dual 18650 mod. I have other Smok products including the H-Priv, and the RX200, they also work great, are upgradable and work well in TC mode too. I'm a little disappointed that the TB Plus is not meeting standards like their other mods.

philbh

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
WARNING!!! AUTOFIRE!!!!!
So I got my treebox plus a few days ago and overall it is a nice mod. One big problem though. It started to Auto fire on me on my second day of use. I figured out that the wood body is loose and slides inside of the frame. It is misaligned and if I actually push it so that it lines up with the frame it will fire. Since it came all the way from China and I got it dirt cheap ($37) I will try to find a way to fix it. I think a little glue in the gap between the battery compartment and the wood will prevent movement. Such a shame, I'll never feel safe unless it is sitting on a table though...
upload_2016-9-17_22-3-38.png

Last edited:

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Well, scratch that one off my list. It's a shame it has issues as I have the Treebox mini and have been happy with it, and wanted to add this one as well.

VU Sponsors