Become a Patron!

Smok tfv8 No flavour

hi, I'm using the smok alien 220w mod with the tfv8 tank and the q4 coils I have watched videos on how to prime the coils and following the instructions, however I am not getting any flavour from my juice at all plenty of vapour though, and I don't know if it's just me being stupid or what! the juice is called anarky virus 2.5mg nicotine 71/29 vgpg. I don't particularly care about big clouds just want some nice flavour. Thanks!

ChrisL

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi, and welcome to VU. Have you tried the T8 coil? Did you get the same lack of flavor? How about the RBA base? Might up or bring down the wattage.
Could also be the juice/nic level, etc. I plan on picking up a Tfv8 as soon as the rainbow color is back in stock at the right price.

I did try the coil that was pre installed which I think was the t8 and it worked good flavour but only for a bit but once I refilled it there was no flavourI have tried a couple of juices and they aren't cheap juices either and just bought the aspire cleito aswell and having the same problem, I have had the airflow fully open, half open and about waurter open I get I small hint of flavour if it's fully closed but it heats up a lot. Very new to this so I'm probbably doing somthing stupid? The video I watched on how to prime it was on YouTube a guy called quest4vapes.

Attachments

• IMG_3274.JPG
    IMG_3274.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 22

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
How long have you been vaping the same juice? Sometimes if you vape the same juice for a while, you can get what is called vaper's tongue. If that is the case, you might try vaping a non flavored juice (just vg and pg) for a few days. That way it kind of "resets" your palette and that might help with this issue.

Sent from my LGMS550 using Tapatalk

ChrisL

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You have your Alien set to "soft" mode (the S above the Wattage). Go thru the menu and bring it to N or normal mode and see if that helps. Might try another juice from a different company and see if you get some decent flavor.

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I did try the coil that was pre installed which I think was the t8 and it worked good flavour but only for a bit but once I refilled it there was no flavourI have tried a couple of juices and they aren't cheap juices either and just bought the aspire cleito aswell and having the same problem, I have had the airflow fully open, half open and about waurter open I get I small hint of flavour if it's fully closed but it heats up a lot. Very new to this so I'm probbably doing somthing stupid? The video I watched on how to prime it was on YouTube a guy called quest4vapes.
Also, you are vaping at 60w. That q4 coil needs a bit more power. You might try taking your mod to at least 80-100w. The Cloud Beast coils are beefy.

gakudzu

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Cloud Beast or Baby Beast? YTF smok calls them all TFV8 is beyond me.

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'll try the normal setting and a bit more power. I've onlyjust started this juice.
I'll be glad to hear if it helps. I hope it does. I love my Cloud Beast and use it daily on my Abaddon mech mod with the rba deck.

It's the cloud beast, I have changed to the cleito with some ruthless menthol juice and will try the cloud beast later with the juice Thad innit to see if that makes any difference thanks for the help guys I will let youse know if it makes a difference.

I think i have the same issue. I am using the SMOK Alien 220 with the TfV8 which i bought primarily for the RBA deck. I started with the prebuilt Quad coil which was great for the first week and then it got harsh and flavourless. I estimated that maybe the coil maybe only lasted a week and so i decided to give the RBA a whirl. Again this worked good for a day or two before the same thing happened. I have changed the coils, recottened several times, different juice, varied airflow and now set the mod to 'normal' but still no luck. I found when i started i vaped at 60W but since the problems started occuring, i have tried higher and lower.
It has got to the point where i may have to consider retiring the RBA deck which i am gutted about as i had really high hopes for this tank. I will probably try the Octuplet coil next but dont really want to stay on those coils as they are kind of pricey.
I also have a baby best which is definately the best tank i have owned and still is. My last was a Gemini RBA which also was pretty good.
Any insights would help to SAVE THE CLOUD BEAST!

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I wish I had more suggestions. I have been using the Cloud Beast for a month or two now and used the Q4 coil and the switched it to the rba deck. Now I was vaping the Q4 coil between 115-135w if I remember right to have the voltage around 4.5v on my regulated mod, which is my sweet spot voltage on regulated devices. Now I have a dual fused clapton in the rba deck on a dual battery parallel mech and Vaping like a dream. I don't know what wattage you guys are vaping at on this tank, but may try this wattage range. And on most any build I do 4.5v is a good starting point to work with when trying to find the perfect wattage.

I hope this helps.

Just tried the 115 watts and nearly lost a lung!!!
Cant help thinking that there is not enough juice being delivered to the coil but when i open it up they seem saturated. I did read somewhere that one guys advice was to go for a lot less cotton but that just doesn't sound right. The holes to allow the juice in from the tank are fairly small. Maybe an idea to try and leave some cotton pulled thru the holes and into the tank.
What do you think?

I think i have a solution to this and it is all about how you add the cotton. I believe that the harshness that i experienced was a result of not enough juice reaching the cotton that is inside the coil. After much research i visited my local vape shop and the guy there offered to re cotton my RBA. I did not hold out much hope of this being the solution that i was looking for but he did it and i paid attention to his technique. I have now rebuilt it myself after a week of continuous use and after 3 attempts, i now feel as though i have got a technique that works.
One thing that i notice about the TFV8 is that the holes for juice flow are considerably smaller than my Gemini and they also only number 2 instead of 4.I find that the trick is to make sure you use enough cotten so that if fits the coil snuggly but then make sure to thin out the tufts that you are about to stuff into the base.You should have just enough density to stop leaks but it also has to be thinned enough to allow the juice an easy travel route to the coil. I am a litle more prone to leaks now but i'm sure with a bit more trial and error i will get it right.

VU Sponsors