Become a Patron!

SMOK TFv8 Cloud Beast or TFv8 Big baby beast?

I just got a SMOK Alien ( http://www.smoktech.com/kit/alien-kit )
Just the mod itself, so no kit.

I'm not sure which one I should get for my Alien, the Tfv8 Cloud beast or TFv8 Big baby beast.

Is there any difference between these 2 ?

I know the other tank is a bit bigger, but is there any difference in clouds / airflow / flavour?

Thanks

i have three of the tfv8 family. Big baby beast basically is adopting both baby beast and the cloud beast. It is smaller in size compare to the cloud beast but bigger than the baby beast but still using the same coil with it.

My recommendation will be to go with the big baby.

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Agree with Gaz beast tank is immense I use the T8-V8 coils love them

Swizz017

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I just got a SMOK Alien ( http://www.smoktech.com/kit/alien-kit )
Just the mod itself, so no kit.

I'm not sure which one I should get for my Alien, the Tfv8 Cloud beast or TFv8 Big baby beast.

Is there any difference between these 2 ?

I know the other tank is a bit bigger, but is there any difference in clouds / airflow / flavour?

Thanks
I have all 3, and they all have great flavor. Cloud beast blows bigger clouds. Big baby has a little better flavor. Definitely T8 coils.....

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
depends what you want.
for small size the baby beast. for a midrange wattage vape with good capacity the big baby beast (uses same coils as the baby beast) for huge flavor and clouds at the expense of battery life and juice the TFV8

Carhauler71

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have the big baby and use X4 coils. 45-60 watts. Great flavor and won't kill your battery. Drinks juice like crazy.

aquaholic2491

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have the baby beast id get the big baby if i had the chance again simply because it comes with the rba. Not to mention like others have said it sucks down juice so the extra 2ml would be nice.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I just have the Beast tanks, fantastic flavor and clouds galore. It goes through juice, but for flavor and clouds I don't care. I've read many people having problems with coils. I only use the T8's at 85-90 watts, I've had coils last for months. Never had a coil burn, I toss them when the flavor lacks.

aquaholic2491

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I just have the Beast tanks, fantastic flavor and clouds galore. It goes through juice, but for flavor and clouds I don't care. I've read many people having problems with coils. I only use the T8's at 85-90 watts, I've had coils last for months. Never had a coil burn, I toss them when the flavor lacks.
How often do you smoke? I got 5 days out of the coil it comes equiped with before i started not getting good taste.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
How often do you smoke? I got 5 days out of the coil it comes equiped with before i started not getting good taste.
I have two Beast tanks, I go through one tank a day in each. And also several other mods I use daily.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I bought a shit load of coils when they first came out, perhaps the quality has dwindled since.

laceyn56

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I am personally getting the cloud beast this weekend currently using the big baby beast. My friend let me use his cloud beast today for work he has the t10 coil in it and OMFG so much flavor at 150 watts loving it. Tried to sneak out with it on my G-Priv but he caught me lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
I bought a shit load of coils when they first came out, perhaps the quality has dwindled since.

Holy crap? How are you vaping this mate?

My v8-T8 coils last on average 5 weeks and I vape pretty heavily between 105-120w (one went for 2 months!)

I found a couple of things help me ....just the ohmmmmm ritual I go through before using so don't take this as trying to teach you how to suck eggs here

1) Get a pin and pin 3 holes up each cotton piece around the coil, (there is a shitload of tight cotton in there this helps)

2) do same thing on top of the coil (try to not push cotton between coil rings (done this a few times it's a pain in the ass to get back out)

3) sort that rubber seal ring out at the bottom...I grab a really thin screwdriver and push the wires back (gently) so there is a snug fit when pushing down (by hand) on bottom of the coil

4) prime that sucker right up but don't just stick straight into your tank...nope, you need to do this a week before use, or 2 (unless you forget like I did last time)

5) grab some cling film wrap your primed coil up snug then leave it soaking up all that goodness for at least a week

6) insert into tank checking it's still absolutely saturated load up tank like normal

7) start at a lower wattage. I mean like 70w on the T8-V8 work up slowly (I count 10 tokes see if I'm getting bubbles, increment by 10 each time up to where I want it)

not only will this get you through that god awful shit taste bit when breaking it in but you get it to last a little longer too

Last edited:

Angrygod50

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I have both the Cloud Beast and Baby Beast. I like the baby better but that's just me.

I started with baby beast. Then tried the cloud beast. Now I just got the big baby and I'm in love with the big baby. It has the big drip tip, 5ml capacity so I only refill a couple of times a day. I had trouble tightening the baby because the diameter is so small and my ohms would be off when changing my coil. No problem with the big baby, but if I did my vape tweezers actually fit the big baby. Also I personally feel like I get more flavor from the baby beast than the cloud beast.

vaporscout

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I just switched from the big baby beast to the cleito due to dry hits every third hit and from what I am hearing from multiple shops a lot of people are having the same issue. On the other hand the cloud beast does not have those issues and from what I am hearing from both shops and friends who have the cloud beast it is an excellent tank but is a juice hog. If it was me and I had the alien mod I would go with the cloud beast.

mikeyboy74

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Having all, the cloud beast has more reliable coils and effortlessly chucks the clouds. The baby has better flavor, especially the small 22mm original. I alternate but the cloud gets more use. All drink the juice, even the baby.

A compromise could be the lower power q4 coil in the cloud beast. 100w is more than enough. I don't really get the big baby because the other 2 excel in one way or the other.

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I personally prefer the big baby, I use it daily at 80 watts. I do like the cloud beast, I tried my mates but I don't vape over 100 watts unless I'm using an RDA so the big baby fits my needs better.
I also have the baby beast that came with the alien but cos it's such a thirsty it's a no go for me. Also it's a 2ml TPD tank over here. The big baby has better airflow an it comes with an adapter then I can make it 5ml. The big baby is the only tank I use with factory coils. If your gonna go over 100 watts though go with the cloud beast, the flavour is still decent :)

Pastorfuzz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Big Baby Beast here. I run 2 Alien 220mods at 40 to 50 watts and change my coils about every 10 days. Depends on the juice.
Got a good deal on coils the other day. 10 boxes of X4's for $76.00. 50 coils should last a while

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Big Baby Beast here. I run 2 Alien 220mods at 40 to 50 watts and change my coils about every 10 days. Depends on the juice.
Got a good deal on coils the other day. 10 boxes of X4's for $76.00. 50 coils should last a while
I haven't tried the X4s properly, they are always sold out where I go. End up with Q2 coils or the T8. I'd say T8s have better flavour but the Q2 gives me more clouds.
I get longer than 10 days though an I vape it 70/80 watts! People seem to get anything from two days to five weeks!

VU Sponsors