Become a Patron!

SMOK TFV4 Quad coils

keithh1981

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I just got the quad coils earlier today at my vape shop and it is really a great coil. I read online the quad coils do not last too long. I might have found out why. I was vaping and noticed some dry hits and looked at my tank I was like a quarter down of juice left but still enough juice I shouldn't be tasting a dry hit until I realized how the quad coil is built. Unlike the triple coil which is on the very bottom together the quad is like a single but 4 stacked on top of each other making the coils go higher than the triple or a normal coil.

My juice was just below the second vent hole of the coil. Just like any coil when no liquid is touching it and I vape mine at 90w those 2 coils at the top get dry so fast even though the other 2 below is getting the juice.

I wanted to write this post first to see if my concern is correct and if so make sure everybody know even though the coil is top notch make sure it is always filled before it falls below the first hole. I think this is why people are saying the quad doesn't last very long because 2 or 3 of those coils are getting a lot of dry hits as we all don't refill the tanks until it reaches the bottom.

I am pretty sure I found this problem out and want to let other vapors know because these coils aren't cheap.
d0a7bafc9dc8458064d2d86cdbf7909d.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

LetTheLuckRoll

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
thanks for the info have yet to try the quad coil but i'm loving the tri coil. just out of curiosity how long did you get out of your tri coil?

firemandan26

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I had my quad coil in for about 4 days and had no issues with it. I was vaping around 86 watts and the only time I got a dry burn was when I was trying to dry the coil. Personally I think the triple coil performs better by far, but I didn't have any wicking issues with my quad coil. Sorry to hear your having trouble! I'd buy a new one and see if you have the same problem.

keithh1981

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I put my trip coil in a little bag to save for later. I bought the tank on Friday. When this quad does go out I will put the original back in and finish her off. I wanted to test out the quad at the store before I buy another one.

As soon as I put more juice in the burn taste went away.

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Tapatalk

woodyt74

Obsessive? Who me?
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
thanks for the info have yet to try the quad coil but i'm loving the tri coil. just out of curiosity how long did you get out of your tri coil?
I started out with the tri-coil and initially loved it. However, I now think this is just a so-so coil for the price with good flavor/cloud but lots of dry hits. I was using max vg juice so it may be better with lower VG. I managed 8 days before I couldn't stand all the dry hits even with a full tank, those dry hits really taste like shit! Working on the quad coil now and absolutely love it, much better flavor. The OP's info is good to know.

firemandan26

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm loving them both. I favor the triple coil so far. I have the duel nickel coil and the new sextuplet coil on the way. I'll be sure to post my thoughts on here after a few days of vaping with them to see how they perform. The sextuplet looks like it has duel coils in each "chamber" of the triple coil. I'll post pics as well. Really love the tank though. Been performing as expected!

I've been using the quad coils for about two and a half weeks now and as long as you keep it above the first line you're a good woman that you will get dry hits just like Keith 1981 was saying. All in all fantastic flavor massive clouds good times

BigDanny1983

Member For 4 Years
I've been using the quad coils for about two and a half weeks now and as long as you keep it above the first line you're a good woman that you will get dry hits just like Keith 1981 was saying. All in all fantastic flavor massive clouds good times
I love the quad coils, the sextuple coil isn't bad I prefer the quad over it, the temp coils aren't bad either, I wish they'd make a quad temp coil lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

mikeyboy74

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Now we evidently have the option of using the new Coral Tank coil in the TFV4 also. It is a huge dual coil with 32 wicking holes, rated 50-200w. I only paid 10 for a pack of 5, but mail has been much slower getting here after Christmas.

Discobob

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Now we evidently have the option of using the new Coral Tank coil in the TFV4 also. It is a huge dual coil with 32 wicking holes, rated 50-200w. I only paid 10 for a pack of 5, but mail has been much slower getting here after Christmas.

Please post your thoughts when received, they sound interesting.

PaulS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Of course you also have the option of using the TFV4 coils in the coral tank - which is the route I would go as the machining on the coral and fill method and the juice capacity is just better.

Het

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I started out with the tri-coil and initially loved it. However, I now think this is just a so-so coil for the price with good flavor/cloud but lots of dry hits. I was using max vg juice so it may be better with lower VG. I managed 8 days before I couldn't stand all the dry hits even with a full tank, those dry hits really taste like shit! Working on the quad coil now and absolutely love it, much better flavor. The OP's info is good to know.

I've had my tri coil in for weeks running a 70/30 mix and haven't had a single dry hit yet. Coil is performing like the first day I got it.

Blacksheepannie

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hello everyone. I am having trouble with the Smok Clp2 coils. I bought a pack of 5 and am having the ohms raise up the older the coils get. Using cloud9 Blueberry Smurf which is i believe 70/30 when i tried their Rein or Reign max vg juice my coils lasted 3 days before brown colored shows in my tank. I vape several tanks a day which isnt too hard to do but the coils start at .4 ohms and spike to .9 and once 1.2 ohms. It freaked me out.

If the juice has sweetener, it darkens and gunks up cotton and coils. I don't know of anyway around it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm going thru a quad coil at LEAST once a day. I do vape sweet, dark juice but it is ridiculous for how much money they cost....that being said, I buy them anyway because when they are new, they are badass.

mikeyboy74

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I have seen tfv4 coils heavily discounted online lately, now that many are using tfv8, baby beast, and tfv12.

You can check Vapecrawler, sort of the Amazon of vaping supplies.

Using sweet but not dark juice, letting the coil saturate for 30 min when new, and keeping them in the 75-85w range, coil life has been pretty good.

My baby beast has better flavor and almost the same clouds, but not the dense effortless vapor of the tfv4.

I am using the tfv4 quad coild but ever one i put in dosemt seem to work if i screw my tank all the way down just says low resistance it happend on my i stick i power 80w my i stick 100tc and also my new kbox 160 it works fine with the rba and the triple coils but the quads just dont seem to work unles i dont screw my tank all the way down can any one help

VU Sponsors