Become a Patron!

Smok TFV4 Overheating & Leaking

I need help. Just got in a Smok TFV4, not the mini, and its overheating so badly that its leaking outa the airholes at the bottom. So far not at all impressed with this unit.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I need help. Just got in a Smok TFV4, not the mini, and its overheating so badly that its leaking outa the airholes at the bottom. So far not at all impressed with this unit.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
More info
How long have you had it?
Did you replace the coil?

VapeRN

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Leaking with stock coils? Never heard of that. You might be missing an o ring somewhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PuffPuffPass

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
It's going to get hot. It takes some wattage to push the thing.

The leaking? Can't help you there. I've had no issues.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
fdd9cf09321cfe902f78a365d3210a0a.jpg
My V4 does get warm chain vaping at 80w with the triple coil but not hot... No leaks at all.... yours shouldn't be leaking or getting hot either...I would make sure all gaskets are in place and the coil is tight in the base... really like this tank, but I too only have had it for a few days...

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

blink.

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have mine (TFV4 mini) on an IPV4...works great no leaks.

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If it's getting hot you are seriously chain vaping and need to slow it down.
The reason it's leaking is because the massive heat is probably caused a o-ring to warp.
Stop vaping it for a while then readjust it and make sure it's all nice and tight.Finger tight is fine you ain't got to ratchet it down.It's a clearomizer not a spaceship.

thejman

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Too hot means your chain vaping which is normal and it should shut off when it reaches a concernable temperature. Are you using quad coils? don't prime them, use max VG and fire it right up at 75 watts or higher and keep fingers crossed the 1st tank or 2. They seem prone to flood upon breaking in. Try the triple coils. The airflow isnt much different.

thejman

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Do you have o rings installed? Try not filling up to the chimney. It's easy to refill anyway. Let me know how it goes.

VU Sponsors