Become a Patron!

Smok Stick X8 Help

aHussyNamedTron

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Need some help here..

I bought a stick X8 with came with a xbaby beast brother tank.. I got tired of having to buy new coil heads for it every couple weeks and asked my friend who uses RTA for help. He loaned me his Serpent Mini and helped me build the first coil for it.(.85ohm Clapton Coil, when we tested the ohms after it was finished it read at about 1.1 Ohm)

My question is this, When using the Serpent Mini attached to the X8 it takes about 3 seconds before it starts to produce vapor. Is this something to do with the type of battery the X8 has? does it not produce enough wattage to support this?

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The 'stick' is a fixed voltage battery.
You need about a .6 - .75 ohm ohm coil in the mini and possibly a bit lower for good performance.

do not own that tank but I tend to run .3 -.4 coils in my attys that run on a mech or fixed battery voltage device.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So change to coil to something lower. I'l try that tonight.
Yep with a fixed voltage output device you have to adjust the coil resistance to get the desired vape. And sometimes the mass of the coil as well as the resistance.
With an adjustable regulated device you just adjust the device output to match the coil for your desired vape.

VU Sponsors