Become a Patron!

Smok Stick X8 Experience...Meh So Far

dittodeano

Member For 1 Year
Im tired of thinking i made a good device choice at first. Then always feeling like "crap this thing sucks now"...

So i currently use the Smok Stick X8 using Xbaby M2 Coils 0.25 - and have used numerious Naked 100 liquids, but cant seem to find a good consistant menthol, or cream or candy flavor to fully enjoy vaping with this thing.

Always seem to have to pull hard, or multi fire to burn the juice or sometimes try tiny pulls to get the juice buring to eventually get a good vape. New consistant, very frustrating.

I need a bettervjuice recommendation i think or a better coil maybe other then what was recommended by smok? I want to enjoy this thing cause when its buring the juice good this thing is awesome. Help me enjoy my X8 Stick please? Cause i'm loosing patience with this thing...
4e064f5ffb5e221e004f82c300b4b3e3.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
IMO the only way to make an UNregulated mod vape good is to use a Rebuildable atomizer.. and take the time and effort to learn to build a good coil(s). Have yet to find a coil head that performs as I like on a fix Voltage/wattage mod.

Loki

Member For 2 Years
IMO the only way to make an UNregulated mod vape good is to use a Rebuildable atomizer.. and take the time and effort to learn to build a good coil(s). Have yet to find a coil head that performs as I like on a fix Voltage/wattage mod.

I second this. I have a smok prince stick kit and i got a vandy vape kensei RTA and its worth it.

So if you can get a RTA that will fit thats the best way.

You could try the sewing nedle trick that some people are doing. Just a poke in the cotton missing the coil and that might make it better. I think you can see a few videos of what to do.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
This is what I got going on-
0316181308b-1.jpg
My build is dual SS coils .2Ω. Themis is working WELL on my V8 stick.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Im tired of thinking i made a good device choice at first. Then always feeling like "crap this thing sucks now"...

So i currently use the Smok Stick X8 using Xbaby M2 Coils 0.25 - and have used numerious Naked 100 liquids, but cant seem to find a good consistant menthol, or cream or candy flavor to fully enjoy vaping with this thing.

Always seem to have to pull hard, or multi fire to burn the juice or sometimes try tiny pulls to get the juice buring to eventually get a good vape. New consistant, very frustrating.

I need a bettervjuice recommendation i think or a better coil maybe other then what was recommended by smok? I want to enjoy this thing cause when its buring the juice good this thing is awesome. Help me enjoy my X8 Stick please? Cause i'm loosing patience with this thing...
4e064f5ffb5e221e004f82c300b4b3e3.jpg

I can confirm that the Fireluke Mesh tank works really well on these sticks. My first coil lasted over two months with that tank. You get a really good draw and great flavor with the mesh coils.
0316181423-1.jpg

I do have the X-baby tank. I only like it with T-6 coils on a regulated mod at about 58W. I didn't care for it with whatever coils it came with.

Ralph_K

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The X-baby tank is kind of crap. The fill hole is too small, lots of spitback, coils are mediocre, and lacks flavor. The stick itself is OK.

dittodeano

Member For 1 Year
I can confirm that the Fireluke Mesh tank works really well on these sticks. My first coil lasted over two months with that tank. You get a really good draw and great flavor with the mesh coils.
View attachment 106561

I do have the X-baby tank. I only like it with T-6 coils on a regulated mod at about 58W. I didn't care for it with whatever coils it came with.
Thanks Frank. This is what i'm looking for. Good draw, flavor and a coil that will last awhile. I just took a look at the Fireluke Tanks on ebay. Couple don't look like the one you have. And my local shop doesn't carry them. Can you reccomend someone online who has them for a decent price?

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Thanks Frank. This is what i'm looking for. Good draw, flavor and a coil that will last awhile. I just took a look at the Fireluke Tanks on ebay. Couple don't look like the one you have. And my local shop doesn't carry them. Can you reccomend someone online who has them for a decent price?

They go on sale at places. I see at Breazy they are $24.99 but people say they see em for $20. There's a thread here-
http://vapingunderground.com/threads/fireluke-mesh-thread.384790/
I discoved it works well on my Smok stick mod. So its been on it since. There's one draw-back. It doesn't how alot of juice. So you really have to keep any eye on your level. I accidentally ran it low a few times.

You could also do a Smok Prince tank with M4 coils. I won a Prince stick in a contest. Those coils do well on the stick mod. Its a good tank and holds alot of juice. It also depends on if you prefer wire coils or want to try the newer mesh styled coils. I think you'd like either of them. Sometimes to compare prices I use-
http://www.vapecrawler.com

Forgot to say, the Fireluke Mesh tank comes in three vesions and a variety of colors. They all use the same coils. I got the kanthal ones. They now offer SS316L but I haven't tried them.

Last edited:

dittodeano

Member For 1 Year
They go on sale at places. I see at Breazy they are $24.99 but people say they see em for $20. There's a thread here-
http://vapingunderground.com/threads/fireluke-mesh-thread.384790/
I discoved it works well on my Smok stick mod. So its been on it since. There's one draw-back. It doesn't how alot of juice. So you really have to keep any eye on your level. I accidentally ran it low a few times.

You could also do a Smok Prince tank with M4 coils. I won a Prince stick in a contest. Those coils do well on the stick mod. Its a good tank and holds alot of juice. It also depends on if you prefer wire coils or want to try the newer mesh styled coils. I think you'd like either of them. Sometimes to compare prices I use-
http://www.vapecrawler.com

Forgot to say, the Fireluke Mesh tank comes in three vesions and a variety of colors. They all use the same coils. I got the kanthal ones. They now offer SS316L but I haven't tried them.
Your using the metal tank correct? Is there a difference in performance if i choose the resin or carbon tanks over the metal ones?

Im hesitant to dump any more money into this Smok Stick. But willing to try this Fireluke Mesh Tank out...
2b5f8183073a11e5428cf17d220ca529.jpg

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Your using the metal tank correct? Is there a difference in performance if i choose the resin or carbon tanks over the metal ones?

Im hesitant to dump any more money into this Smok Stick. But willing to try this Fireluke Mesh Tank out...
2b5f8183073a11e5428cf17d220ca529.jpg

They all work the same. I think they wanted to make sure they had a style for everyone.

dittodeano

Member For 1 Year
Thanks again frank for the recommendation. Im still fairly new to the game. But my smoke shop also said the tank was amazing. 3 of the 4 who worked there said i would be more then leased. 2 of them were currently using the tanks lol. We shall see, priming this sucker up as i type...
79d1a9fa64a18e81b504f6ba74161079.jpg
24e6444467f3299237126a0c46afd939.jpg

dittodeano

Member For 1 Year
Spent $33 but have them in hand rather then waiting for shipping...

VU Sponsors