Smok Spirals Plus Tank, A DeucesJack Review

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
f276021bd2e7f21c6e04dfbe9c24ea55.jpg

Full Disclosure:

Let’s get all the disclosures out of the way. This tank was sent to me directly from Smok specifically for the purposes of this review. This will not in any way, shape, or form cause me to give this tank a favorable review or change my opinion in any way.

First Impression Out Of The Box:

Good presentation, two tiered box. First tier has the tank, spare glass, coil head and RBA section. The next tier has all the goodies and spares. Beautiful rainbow finish that should look good on most color mods. Nice looking MTL drip tip made of delrin.

What’s In The box:

* One SMOK Spirals Plus Sub-Ohm Tank
* One 0.6 ohm Spirals Dual Core Head
* One 0.3 ohm Spirals Dual Core Head
* One Spirals Single Coil RBA Head
* Additional Glass Tank Section
* Spare Part Packs
* Black Screwdriver
* User Manual

Love the fact that the RBA section is included. Every manufacturer needs to start supplying this if the tank we are buying has one available. Good on you Smok!
79500160c221d523438de1c0350e4091.jpg

From Top To Bottom:

Drip tip is very comfortable and definitely geared towards the MTL vaper. It’s comfortable and well done. The drip tip fits into a raised platform that basically doubles as the top cap. The threading on the top cap is not that good. I find myself going in reverse a lot in order to get the threads to catch. Most times I actually have to apply some pressure. When it does catch there is a crunchiness to it. Really surprised because more often than not Smok machining is usually on point.
c4a61aa1dd4a41c73b3a2deecc818363.jpg

Typical kidney shaped juice ports. They are small as is the whole opening of the top cap. Nevertheless it will accommodate most juice bottles even the bull nose bottles. The chimney is very short and there is no doubt that the short chimney contributes to the superior flavor this tank produces.
ca2e6e4ba9e28b1169c01690a9ceb110.jpg

The base has four air holes that are adjustable. Wide open you get a very restricted lung hit or a loose MTL hit depending on how you would classify it. I consider it a very restrictive lung hit. Close them off all the way and you have a very stellar MTL hit. The 510 threading is smooth and the pin is not adjustable.
3a76a4e1d76a49d3962a5a363fa42780.jpg

The Coils:

With this tank you get two coils and an RBA head. Both coils provide excellent flavor. The RBA base gives excellent flavor as well and it's pretty easy to build and wick.

The .6 ohm coil is a dual core coil with a range of 18-35 watts. I like it right around 24 watts. I get a really flavorful MTL vape. The draw is very cigarette like when you cut the airflow on the tank down. Low wattage flavor is the name of the game with this coil.
9f7bde2b6d1501f2605dd352fa4d7d54.jpg

The .3 ohm coil has a looser draw and it has a range of 20-45 watts. I like it at around 32 watts. I get a nice, very restricted lung hit that borders on a loose MTL vape. The flavor is excellent and the clouds are significantly better than the .6 ohm coil.
ca5f1b475c7f5bdade7784647444d05c.jpg

The RBA head is a single coil two post design. Very simple and easy to build. The deck screws are phillips head. They are nice sized screws and they work well with the posts. You can actually get a pretty decent sized clapton coil inside this deck. I used the clapton Smok provided and I have to say it vapes great. Wicking is simple. After you pull your cotton through the coil simply lay the cotton on the bottom of the wicking port. Just like you would with a Boreas or Aromamizer. Screw the barrel on, juice her up and you are ready to vape.
11dc44f2b17f0edd1f2aa7334c42b04e.jpg
255781ff1704733a79317f1d3449215f.jpg

But Deuces, How Does She Vape:

Most of you know that I’m a bartender by trade. Therefore I drink a ton of coffee everyday. I like a restrictive lung hit or a legitimate MTL vape when I am having coffee. It just seems together well for me. This tank has become my new coffee tank. I like to put in a nice custard or bakery vape and have my coffee. That's how I use this tank and for me it's just perfect in that respect.

No matter what coil I use I get great flavor. If I want more clouds I use the lower ohm coil but both do a more than respectable job in the flavor department. I really like the options that the RBA head gives me and it vapes very well too. Bottom line is no matter which option you choose you just can't go wrong.

Conclusion:

If you are the type of vaper that likes a restricted lung hit or a MTL draw then the Spirals Plus was made for you. A lot of MTL tanks lately don't come with an RBA option so kudos to Smok for doing that. Flavor on this tank is just great whether you use the factory coils or the RBA. Remember though this was not meant to be a cloud chucker. At the same time it's not a total tootle puffer either. You run this tank on a small stealthy setup and it will do very well. Deucesjack approved? Oh yeah, it's my coffee setup so I spend a lot of time with this tank. Get one and I guarantee you will too.

If you found this review helpful please feel free to leave a comment, give it a like, and give me a follow. If you are a Vendor and would like a DeucesJack Review please PM me on this forum.

Pros and Cons:

- Pros:

* Flavor
* Coil options
* Looks
* RBA included
* Airflow range
* Easy to build and wick
* Legitimate MTL tank

- Cons:

* Top cap threading

A note about Pros and Cons. These are my Pros and Cons. They are very subjective. What may be a pro to me could be a con to you and vice versa.

Specs:

* 24.5mm Diameter
* Threaded Top Fill
* 4ml Maximum Capacity
* SMOK Spirals Coil Family
* Spirals 0.6 ohm Coil
- Dual Coil Core
- 18 to 35W
- 28W Recommended
* Spirals 0.3 ohm Coil
- Dual Coil Core
- 20 to 45W
- 35W Recommended
* Single Coil RBA Head
- Two Post
- Wrap Around Dual Wicking Ports
* Quad Adjustable 2.5mm by 1.25mm Air Slots
* 7mm Delrin Drip Tip
* Stainless Steel and Glass Construction

The Tank On Different Mods:

On the Asmodus Boost:
05a12e4a408e8e3798ce13d870e65f12.jpg

On the Lost Vape Therion:
6cf9280dad39c61634a0bfba94d2c747.jpg

On The Smok G150:
a3a1f746128127303da5bbf8ac862795.jpg

On The Asmodus Mini Minikin:
d61ee32ba5454152be90e4d6c4655521.jpg

On The Pico 25
dc3eb3bc3fc83e0af5342a3124a933e2.jpg

On The Innokin Coolfire 150:
3d1e29fe8d250a2316cbe5a4a86ac12f.jpg

Vaporesso Nebula:
bec2d221402516eb83984f62d9ea01ce.jpg

Last edited:

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'll have to check this out and compare to the original.
I really like the flavor from the original so if this one turns out to produce more, I'll have to have a handful of them.

Last edited:

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I'll have to check this out and compare to the original.
I really like the flavor from the original so if this one turns out to produce more, I'll have to have a handful of them.

(shhhhh, don't tell anyone but you have two pics showing on mods that are the same)
Lmfao, good catch. I'm reviewed out. Pumped out 5 in the last 5 days and I'm working on the 6th right now. VandyVape Perseus is getting done as we speak. Then on to the Govad RTA and Native Wicks cotton. Definitely check it out. I wish I had the original to compare but unfortunately I don't. I actually love this tank on the G150. I get a great low wattage vape and unbelievable battery life. Great setup.

Sent from my LG-K425 using Tapatalk

The Huntress

VU Donator
Member For 3 Years
Thank you so much for this review. I'm a newbie but love Smok tanks and I've really wanted this one! Getting two of them, the original and the plus. Now, I just have decide on the color

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Thank you so much for this review. I'm a newbie but love Smok tanks and I've really wanted this one! Getting two of them, the original and the plus. Now, I just have decide on the color
My pleasure glad my review was helpful. I have done a ton of other reviews at Vapinginsider.com as well. You'll find them under the Reviews tab.

mikeyboy74

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Great review. Tried a Nautilus and T22, just too restrictive.

Do I get a Spirals, Sense Blazer Nano, or other, for an MTL change of pace with pre built coils? I know the Sense tank has higher resistance coils, but their 1.8 Herakles coils are not that restrictive, for e.g.

iVapeDIY

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I drink a ton of coffee everyday. I like a restrictive lung hit or a legitimate MTL vape when I am having coffee. It just seems together well for me. This tank has become my new coffee tank. I like to put in a nice custard or bakery vape and have my coffee. That's how I use this tank and for me it's just perfect in that respect.

I'm intrigued and somewhat jealous of your coffee routine :coffee: with this setup.

Are you still using this atty? With RBA? TIA

The Huntress

VU Donator
Member For 3 Years
@Deucesjack I have a quick question also. I see where you used the Spirals on many different mods. Today I ordered the Tesla Steampunk Nano 120w Box mod as my first box, moving up from the V8 stick., and it will be my birthday when it gets here, lol. I also ordered 2 Spiral tanks cause they were on sale, I've been wanting one and thanks to your review.
Do you think the Spirals tank will perform well or at least decently on the Tesla. I doubt I will get it anywhere close to 120w. Thank you for your thoughts and advice.
Flave

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
@Deucesjack I have a quick question also. I see where you used the Spirals on many different mods. Today I ordered the Tesla Steampunk Nano 120w Box mod as my first box, moving up from the V8 stick., and it will be my birthday when it gets here, lol. I also ordered 2 Spiral tanks cause they were on sale, I've been wanting one and thanks to your review.
Do you think the Spirals tank will perform well or at least decently on the Tesla. I doubt I will get it anywhere close to 120w. Thank you for your thoughts and advice.
Flave
Definitely, while I don't own any Tesla mods wattage wise you'll be fine. That's a good looking mod you picked. Enjoy!

Happy Birthday!

The Huntress

VU Donator
Member For 3 Years
Thanks Deuces! But I'm a a little pissed right now. I had been looking at this mod and possible tanks for about 3 days on this one site that was having a great sale. I finally decided on the Brass version with the Gold Spirals tank. Shortly after I place the order I get confirmation and my account is debited.
An hour later I get an email from their CS that unfortunately they were out of the Brass and would I like another color. Thank god they had in copper, cause that was really my first choice. But then I told them I need one the Smok tanks changed to the Tobeco Mini Super tank because I no longer wanted a gold tank, I want them to match. Yes, I'm picky. I explained that this was my birthday and one month of no smoking gift, and they were going to match and work damnit. (Still getting a Spirals in black).
Hopeful this gets here soon. And the building of coils us looking interesting to me also. Just reading and learning first!
Flave

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
What wattage are you using the RBA on?

Depends on the build, Right now I have a small SS 2.5 mm ID Clapton in there ohming out at .5 ohms. I spaced the coil even though it didn't come that way. I'm vaping it at between 28 and 35 watts. I get a nice MTL vape this way.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Great review. Tried a Nautilus and T22, just too restrictive.

Do I get a Spirals, Sense Blazer Nano, or other, for an MTL change of pace with pre built coils? I know the Sense tank has higher resistance coils, but their 1.8 Herakles coils are not that restrictive, for e.g.
Exactly this^^ and why I have my eye on one too
Good review Jack, gives me insight on all aspects of this Tank

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm looking to try this tank. I went from Atlantis style to the baby beast. I've had my eyes on this one for a while now. Thsnk you for the great review.

VU Sponsors