Become a Patron!

Smok Skyhook RDTA Box sucks so bad..

Just got back in to vaping and building, so I decided to buy a Smok Skyhook RDTA Box kit. I loved it at first. I loved the convenience of RDA flavor without the hassle of dripping. But it quickly started going to sh*t. The tank leaked due to faulty sealing. My connection was so messed up, I had small burn marks on both contacts where it was arching, I mean it was just a disaster. Well, now my atomizer has already caught on fire, a couple of times now, and it literally broke my coil in half. Is something wrong with my build?? Or is it my mod/atty?? My coil is a fused Clapton, 24g Nichrome x2, wrapped in 36g Nichrome, then wrapped 5 times on a 3mm bit. I don’t have an ohm reader for this atty bc the contact post is longer than a 510, but the mod reads it between .16-.22 ohms. And that’s just due to the contact being messed up I think. But I vape it at 95w. Am I doing something wrong with my build or is it my mod?? Please help!!

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Dusty are you an experienced coil builder? In as much as working out hot spots, mounting, glowing evenly etc?

Some pictures would help ....”Contacts have arcing burn marks” / “faulty sealing” / something wrong with my coil build”

If the mod is firing when it shouldn’t stop using it

VU Sponsors