Become a Patron!

Smok Skyhook RDTA Box - Getting hot and not working

Hi all,

Hoping someone can help me here.
My skyhook was working fine, only had it a week and loving it so far.
Issue started yesterday tho, it gets quite hot.

PCB Board temp is rises quickly and normally stays above 45 degrees, and once it gets too hot, it wont fire. It just clicks and the screen updates. If i hold in the firing pin it will stay still until i let go and then it will show how many seconds.. but it doesnt actually fire...

Any Idea what I can maybe do? thinking maybe ventilation holes(if there are any) are clogged or something.

Best regards
Christian

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What resistance are your coils?
What coils are they?
Have you tried replacing the coils?
What mode are you using? (Power or TC)
Have you verified your batteries are good?
What batteries are you using?
Did you get it wet?

Breazy_Com

Excellence In Service
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What resistance are your coils?
What coils are they?
Have you tried replacing the coils?
What mode are you using? (Power or TC)
Have you verified your batteries are good?
What batteries are you using?
Did you get it wet?
What he said lol. I've been using a skyhook with the stock coils it came with but only at 60 watts. Haven't had any trouble. Check the screws that hold the coils in and make sure they're tight. Also make sure the coils aren't hitting into the walls of the covers surrounding them. Pull the top off and then hold the metal part that turns to adjust the air holes and put it halfway in so you can see if it's hitting that part also. Let us know if you find out what was causing the trouble.

What resistance are your coils? 0.19
What coils are they? tried multiple, currently some staggered fused claptons
Have you tried replacing the coils? Yes also tried the coils in other mod
What mode are you using? (Power or TC) Power
Have you verified your batteries are good? Yes and tried multiple and they work in my snow wolf
What batteries are you using? Sony VTC5 and LG Choco
Did you get it wet? Nope

Now it's not even hot and still wont fire, it's weird because it shows how long i held in the button, it just doesnt fire.. screen updates only once i release the fire pin.
It doesnt show any error or anything like that.. just doesn't fire.
If the issue was resistance or a short it would have shown the error, but i've tried replacing the coils and all with no luck.

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sounds like a short in the fire button or the deck to mod connection.
Since you've only had it a week, you may want to consider contacting the vendor for replacement.

Yeah I would normally would do that but I live in the Philippines.,.. It's not out here yet. I had a friend of mine buy it and Norway and bring it here as he was visiting here so I'm kinda stuck with. Kinda considering opening it up and see if I can see any issues.

Breazy_Com

Excellence In Service
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Try something silly here. I got this one and put the batteries in and it wouldn't turn on no matter what I did or what batteries I put in. So I held the fire button and plugged in the USB like it was doing a software update. Got a flashing scrolling white screen. Did that a few times and then it would recognize the batteries and turn on. It was like it was it was confused or something and doing what I did cleared it up. Don't know if this would do anything but it's worth a shot before opening it up. Keep us posted !

VU Sponsors