Become a Patron!

SMOK Q-BOX 50W KIT - REVIEW

timwis

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi Vaping Underground, this is a review of the Smok Q-Box kit; kindly given to me free of charge by David of Urvapin for the purpose of this review.
The kit can be purchased with the following link for $38.79 with free shipping:

https://www.urvapin.com/smok-q-box-50w-b...-tank.html

IN THE BOX

SMOK Q Box 50W box mod with TFV8 baby tank Package:
1 * Qbox Mod
1 * TFV8 baby tank
1 * V8-Baby M2 0.25Ohm Dual Coils(Pre-installed)
1 * V8-Baby M2 0.25Ohm Dual Coils
1 * USB Cable
1 * User Manual
Spare Parts

Although knowing the dimensions of both the mod and tank before receiving it, i was still amazed by exactly how small both are, perfect for stealth vaping and for when i am out and about.
attachment.php

SPECS

Qbox Mod
Material: Zinc Alloy
Size: 54.8*33.57*25mm
Weight: 119g
Battery Capacity: 1600mAh
Power Range: 1.0-50W
Voltage Rage: 0.1V-9V
Standby Current:<500uA
Resistance Range: 0.1- 3 Ohm(VW Mode) / 0.06-3 Ohm(TC Mode)
Temperature Range: 200-600°F/100-315°C
Three Setting Output Mode (Hard / Normal / Soft)
Firmware Upgradeable
Puff Counter
Extra Large OLED Screen

TFV8 Baby Tank(Eu Edition)
Material: Stainless Steel
Size: 22mm*50mm
Weight: 45g
Capacity: 2ml
Thread: 510

SMOK PRODUCT BEGINNER

This is the first Smok product i have used and of course have read countless threads on various forums which seem in general to put people in one of two camps. The Smok trashers who argue their tanks are flavourless and their mods are unreliable and those that love them. What i have noticed is the trashing argument seems to be an outdated one as anything i hear of late is their tanks now produce great flavour (especially the Baby Beast supplied with this kit) and any problems of late with mods don't seem to include Smok mods.

NAVIGATING MENU

This is where i'm sure people will be glad i am not going to waffle on about 3 clicks here and one click there boring them and myself to tears. People are not idiots all that needs to be said is for those who have the Alien 220w or the AL85 it uses the same chip and menu system. It is packed with feature's including being able to change the wattage in temp control.
The menu system is very easy to navigate and in my view causes no issues.

HOW IT PERFORMS

Q-Box with Wotofo Flow

I have used the mod for 2 weeks now with various tanks and it has been very reliable. The size of the battery does make it better using MTL tanks but i have mainly been using it with low wattage DL tanks, mainly the supplied Baby Beast and the Wotofo Flow. The upside to the low capacity battery is that it fully charges
in less than 2 hours. I found it had enough battery life to use while being out and about for 4-5 hours with no fear of the mod using all it's charge and that was using it on 35W - 40W. Tanks up to a diameter of 24mm fit fine on the Q-Box. As already mentioned temp control users will like the fact you can easily change the wattage in that mode.

THE BABY BEAST TANK

I had heard a lot about the flavour given from this tank and i wasn't disappointed.
The supplied 0.25 coils i found ideal at 35W which is the sort of wattage i enjoy being mainly a low wattage DL vaper. I have mainly used this tank on the mod during the fortnight and the original coil is still full of flavour. The coils wick very easily and keep up fine.

The 2ml capacity does mean that the tank needs to be regularly refilled, but the top fill system on the tank is so quick and easy to use, just sliding open on a hinge and then clicking back into place. I always carry my Innokin Ucan (a product i would highly recommend) around with me so the 2ml capacity didn't bother me at all.

CONCLUSION

I was very impressed with the kit for such a small device the Q-Box has all the features expected of any device and it was ideal for using on the go. The Baby Beast is a tank packed with flavour and i found the supplied coils ideal for my style of vaping.
attachment.php

LIKES Q-BOX

Size – Small and Compact.
Charging – Charges in under 2 hours, but this may change over time.
Display – Nice large display that’s visible outside.
Temperature Control – Wattage can be adjusted in temp control.
Price – Full kit for under £40.00 makes it quite attractive.

LIKES BABY BEAST

Great flavour
Very nice looking
Ideal low wattage DL vaping
Love the top fill system

DISLIKES Q-BOX

Low battery capacity.

DISLIKES BABY BEAST

No RBA that i'm aware of.

I would like to give David from Urvapin a big thank you for supplying the kit:

https://www.urvapin.com/smok-q-box-50w-b...-tank.html

Last edited: