Become a Patron!

Smok Prince - Big Baby Beast with rba decks

Bigrick

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
So Saturday was maintenance and cleaning day. I have been neglecting my gear and had some work to do. I use mostly rda - rta's. I own 6 sub ohm tanks I keep mostly for the wife or came with a kit. I have Aero mesh (came with Legend ), a Valarian ( wife's daily ), og Crown w - rba, Big Baby Beast w - rba, and a Prince w - rba. Now I love the Crown. IMO the best sub ohm tank ever made. I use it pretty often even if it is goofy looking. The Smok tanks get little use these days, as they have rba decks they are vapocolypse stash. Now to get back on track. Saturday I cleaned, replaced coils, dry burned, and rewicked all my rda, rta, and tanks exept for the Prince wich was used little with a pretty fresh build in it. So I vaped it while doing my maintenance. I am actually still vaping it. My point? These Smok tanks perform for the most part almost as well or better than some of my " rebuildables ". For a early vaper (or anyone ) these tanks when using the rba's are a very good purchase. Especially for their cost. They are well made and are an excellent starting point to someone who does not want to spend much dough on a higher end sub ohm tank. They are easily the most popular tanks available at every b&m I have personally been to. So in my opinion there is no shame in owning and using a Smok tank. But do not forget to get the most of the time seperate purchase RBA deck.
Now I have a different opinion about Smok's mods. But that is a story for a diffferent day.
Peace and love to all.
Rick

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have many with RBAs. I especially enjoy the V8 Baby RBA but I'll list the ones I have below.

TFV4 Micro (W/ 2 different RBAs)
TFV4, TFV4 Mini (W/ 4 different RBAs)
Spirals
Baby Beast, Big Baby Beast
X-Baby
Cloud Beast
Cloud Beast King (W/ 2 different RBAs)
Baby Prince
Prince, Resa Prince, Prince Cobra

Its a shame everyone stopped making RBAs. Since the Prince I got these tanks-

Baby V2, V9 Max (Which is like Baby & Big Baby)
TF2019
TFV16

I'm not getting a TFV16 Lite. Maybe I would if they were on sale for ten bucks (or had a fricken RBA).

A few of those RBAs can go in other tanks. I used to use a Cloud Beast RBA in my Geekvape Illusion. I didn't get the TFV8 tank till later. I've been using a V8 Baby RBA in my Geekvape Cerberus. It needs a taller glass to work but I found one.

One last thing, I have multiples of a lot of those RBAs and tanks. They will come in handy if vaping hardware is illegal to sell in a couple of months.

Last edited:

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I have the following Smok tanks with rbas:

Spirals
Spirals Plus
X-Baby times 3
Resa Prince times 4
3 more rbas on the way, so will probably get at least one more Prince-type tank

Plus a TF-RTA with a G2 deck, and an RSBT (these are strictly rebuildables)

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have 3 (4?) Princes, a Big Baby Beast and a Cloud beast with their rba's.

I'm with @Just Frank . The BB/BBB is the best overall vape. Excellent flavor and vapor production. As in like as good as a good rta.

IMHO the Prince RBA was mis-designed with that huge airflow canyon with the middle missing the coils altogether.. It is a monster cloud chucker like that, but the flavor is a bit muted that way. It is greatly improved by plugging the middle of the airflow canyon making it a velocity style deck with a hole hitting each coil.

The Cloud Beast is just that. A cloud beast. However it does have the dual airflow velocity configuration and can give good flavor along with clouds.

I also have the TF-RTA G2 dual coil and the G4 quad coil. I've never even wicked the G4 yet and I've only ever built the G2 once and it leaked all over the place, which I am sure is my fault. I just haven't gotten back to it yet.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have the following Smok tanks with rbas:

Spirals
Spirals Plus
X-Baby times 3
Resa Prince times 4
3 more rbas on the way, so will probably get at least one more Prince-type tank

Plus a TF-RTA with a G2 deck, and an RSBT (these are strictly rebuildables)
I have 2 of those and didn't list them because they slipped my mind.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have 3 (4?) Princes, a Big Baby Beast and a Cloud beast with their rba's.

I'm with @Just Frank IMHO the Prince RBA was mis-designed with that huge airflow canyon with the middle missing the coils altogether.. It is a monster cloud chucker like that, but the flavor is a bit muted that way. It is greatly improved by plugging the middle of the airflow canyon making it a velocity style deck with a hole hitting each coil.
I was shopping yesterday and stumbled on the Horizontech Vertex Plus. It has that same wide open center airflow style.
img_5545__80568.1463009332.1280.1280.png

They were only 3 bucks for these tanks but they don't interest me. Sometimes there's just way too much airflow. Even with my Fireluke RBA I only have the airflow open a sliver. It's more of a square actually lol.
IMG_20200306_185510.jpg

This thread has given me an idea to do when I'm bored. I want to take an inventory of every tank that I have RBAs for. Also the number of RBAs I have for them, and list the different syles if there are any.

I usually get any RBAs available for tanks I have. There are some that haven't interested me enough though. The Cleito RBAs come to mind. There's also ones that were a limited run that I just never had a chance to. If I had a chance, I'd get the Geekvape Illusion Mini, and Crown 2 RBAs. I passed on the Ijoy Captain (subohm tank) RBA but I wish I would've got it.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I was shopping yesterday and stumbled on the Horizontech Vertex Plus. It has that same wide open center airflow style.
img_5545__80568.1463009332.1280.1280.png

They were only 3 bucks for these tanks but they don't interest me. Sometimes there's just way too much airflow. Even with my Fireluke RBA I only have the airflow open a sliver. It's more of a square actually lol.
View attachment 157109

This thread has given me an idea to do when I'm bored. I want to take an inventory of every tank that I have RBAs for. Also the number of RBAs I have for them, and list the different syles if there are any.

I usually get any RBAs available for tanks I have. There are some that haven't interested me enough though. The Cleito RBAs come to mind. There's also ones that were a limited run that I just never had a chance to. If I had a chance, I'd get the Geekvape Illusion Mini, and Crown 2 RBAs. I passed on the Ijoy Captain (subohm tank) RBA but I wish I would've got it.

Second the GV Illusion Mini. I have two of those with Triton RTA kits in them, but the flavor on the Triton RTA is terrible. One of these days I might spend some time with it to see if I can figure out how to get a better vape out of the Triton.

Did not know until a few weeks ago that the iJoy Captain Elite also was available as a (sorta) sub-ohm tank. The coils were like the ones iJoy produced for the SRDA, or GV's Eagle, a round coil housing with two visible coils with wicks inside. The Elite RTA deck was available separately. I got the sub-ohm tank as part of an iJoy Elite Mini kit, so ordered the RTA deck from myVpro for $7.99 and converted it to a full-time RTA.

Another tank I'd like to take another shot at is the UD Zephyrus. I bought several of the RBAs for that. Had some issues with it the first time I tried, but might do better now. (Is it @SnapDragon NY who uses a Zephyrus with RBA? I know someone around here does.)

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Did not know until a few weeks ago that the iJoy Captain Elite also was available as a (sorta) sub-ohm tank. The coils were like the ones iJoy produced for the SRDA, or GV's Eagle, a round coil housing with two visible coils with wicks inside. The Elite RTA deck was available separately. I got the sub-ohm tank as part of an iJoy Elite Mini kit, so ordered the RTA deck from myVpro for $7.99 and converted it to a full-time RTA.

Another tank I'd like to take another shot at is the UD Zephyrus. I bought several of the RBAs for that. Had some issues with it the first time I tried, but might do better now. (Is it @SnapDragon NY who uses a Zephyrus with RBA? I know someone around here does.)
I forgot the Captain Elite can be called a subohm tank because of those coils. I've never tried any. Any time I see them, they're spendy.

The most challenging one I have is the Uwell Rafale V-RBA. The coil gets built vertically just like a usual subohm tank coil. I tried to build it like 5 or 6 times and never got it to where I liked it. I should revisit it again but I got tons of coils for the Rafale around Thanksgiving.

Last edited:

Bigrick

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Second the GV Illusion Mini. I have two of those with Triton RTA kits in them, but the flavor on the Triton RTA is terrible. One of these days I might spend some time with it to see if I can figure out how to get a better vape out of the Triton.

I have a Zephyrus v2 which I enjoy very much, when I have coils. For personal financial reasons I only make cash transactions. So it is difficult to obtain coils for it. I have to find a friend to order for me. I have a new one in the box I am sitting on as well. They did not come with rba decks. I would very much like to have one. Do you have a v1 or v2 ? Maybe make a trade of some kind if you have an extra rba that will fit the v2. I am missing using mine now that it was brought up. Peace to you and yours.
Rick

VU Sponsors