Become a Patron!

Smok Osub 80W HELP!!

I’m new to these forums, so i hope this is a good place to post this. I have searched for hours trying to see if anyone has had a similar problem and no luck.

So my friend gave me his Osub 80W with a v8 baby beast tank and coil set up. (Still new to Vaping sorry if I butchered that) Everything was working fine for a while, I bought replacement glass and some juice. I was Vaping on it no problem for about a week. But... about 3 days ago the mod was dying very very quickly, and I’d have to charge it all night long. (Still no battery charger, working on that one). Over the last three days the mod has stopped hitting due to “low battery”.

The catch is, everytime id pop it on the charger, it would say the battery is anywhere from 75-99% charged, but when removed from the charger the icon showed 0-20%. Now the battery will NOT stay on when removed from the charger, in fact it’s even gone to tell me my atomizer is short and the battery is low so it cant fire. But it says 99% when plugged in and turned off. When on, the battery says 0%.

I don’t believe it’s my atomizer as every now and then I can get the mod to draw for about a second before saying low battery, but I just don’t know how to approach this. Is it my mod? My battery? My atomizer? My coils? I don’t want to go drop $15 on a new battery just for it not to be the fix. I’d like to salvage the mod if it’s at all possible, It’ll be awhile before I can drop money on a new mod itself. So I’m trying to eliminate all factors before going straight to a new mod. Any advice?

Kranky Kanger

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Your best bet is cut and try. If you've been vaping the rig for a week or more it's likely time for a new coil. If that doesn't help, then try a new battery. From there it's likely going to be the mod. What you can do as far as salvaging the mod is tough to say. Most modern regulated mods aren't very repairable. So try the coil and the battery first.

18650 battery. I think I’ve narrowed it down to the mod itself. It almost appears as if there’s some kind of short or something is missing with the battery connection. If that makes any sense. It kind of pops in and out of power.

Valbunny

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I’m new to these forums, so i hope this is a good place to post this. I have searched for hours trying to see if anyone has had a similar problem and no luck.

So my friend gave me his Osub 80W with a v8 baby beast tank and coil set up. (Still new to Vaping sorry if I butchered that) Everything was working fine for a while, I bought replacement glass and some juice. I was Vaping on it no problem for about a week. But... about 3 days ago the mod was dying very very quickly, and I’d have to charge it all night long. (Still no battery charger, working on that one). Over the last three days the mod has stopped hitting due to “low battery”.

The catch is, everytime id pop it on the charger, it would say the battery is anywhere from 75-99% charged, but when removed from the charger the icon showed 0-20%. Now the battery will NOT stay on when removed from the charger, in fact it’s even gone to tell me my atomizer is short and the battery is low so it cant fire. But it says 99% when plugged in and turned off. When on, the battery says 0%.

I don’t believe it’s my atomizer as every now and then I can get the mod to draw for about a second before saying low battery, but I just don’t know how to approach this. Is it my mod? My battery? My atomizer? My coils? I don’t want to go drop $15 on a new battery just for it not to be the fix. I’d like to salvage the mod if it’s at all possible, It’ll be awhile before I can drop money on a new mod itself. So I’m trying to eliminate all factors before going straight to a new mod. Any advice?

I agree with replacing batteries first. My mod was doing something similar. The batteries would indicate 50% life, but still said "low battery" I would charge, and while on charger it would display 95% or so and only take an hour or two to charge. Replaced batteries, have no had a problem since. However it also may have been user error on my part aha. Honestly if I knew for sure if my old batteries were working properly, I would send them to you for free to have and test out with your issue. Best of luck to you all the same. Hope you can get it straightened out. :)

If you really would like those batteries, pm me, we can figure something out. Will give them to you for free, just not sure if they are working proper.

Anyone know what type of coil to use with OSUB 80W Baby Kit. Im aware it comes with .4ohm dual coil, I have a Demon Killer 8 in 1 and not sure which coil to use.

jasonali13

Member For 1 Year
Mines used to completely turn off on my when the screen went off.
Then eventually it got to a point that whipe vaping it would turn off on me. I stareted to give up on this.. but then i found this

Tried it.. it really worked. Now when my screen goes off it doesnt turn off the mod.
Was thinking of throwing it out until i found this.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I don’t want to go drop $15 on a new battery just for it not to be the fix. I’d like to salvage the mod if it’s at all possible, It’ll be awhile before I can drop money on a new mod itself. ... Any advice?

Pointers to better places to get batteries if you're U.S. based at least.

Look to IMRBatteries for good deals on 'genuine' batteries. They do re-wrap the batteries they get. In their case that is not a bad thing. The wrap material they use is much more durable than is currently used by most of the battery manufactures.

Besides this it allows them technically cut you a discount on the batteries, they re-wrap them so the argument being you're not sure if they are 'genuine' or not technically. However, they do not deal with any knock off batteries, they refuse to do so based upon good business practice. It is just that them re-wrapping could present an argument that they're shipping you crap batteries. So, you the customer get discounts. --- Besides this, they put stronger wrap on in hopes to further reduce risks to customers. Rewrapping batteries might sound all evil and counter trust. If it was anyone else doing it I likely would agree. These folks though do so with valid reasoning, plus we get discounts, did I mention discounts? :)

I've dealt with them for a few years, they ship out good batteries or I'd be gone in a flash. I have trust in them until someone can empirically demonstrate they sell bad product, so far so good.

There is also this thread which lists some reputable vendors of batteries. Folks here appreciate good deals and are pretty frugal. If want lowest prices but still good quality, ask @The Cromwell . He'll not steer anyone wrong.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors