Become a Patron!

SMOK Nord 22 & 19 AIO Starter Kits

timwis

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi Vaping Underground members, In this review i take a look at the Nord 22 AIO Starter Kit from Smok. As well as the Nord 22 simultaneously Smok have also released the Nord 19 which is identical just smaller in diameter. I will give specs for both kits but the device i received and tested is the 22mm diameter version. The Nord 22 AIO Starter Kit was supplied for the purpose of this review by Smok.

https://www.smoktech.com/kit/nord-aio-19...ord-aio-22

Introduction

Personally i haven't used the Nord Pod system which has replaceable coils but from snooping around threads on various forums it seems to of been greeted favourably. The Nord 22 (which i was sent) and Nord 19 AIO kits make use of the same coils within AIO vape pen style devices. Coming with both a MTL & DL coil and with other coil options available let's give the latest Smok AIO device a look!

In The Box

Contents:

1x Nord 22 AIO (3.5ml) or 1x Nord 19 AIO (2ml)
1x Nord 22 0.6ohm Mesh Coil for Subohm Vaping (Max: 25W) or Nord 19 1x 0.8ohm Mesh MTL Coil (Max: 16w)
1x 1.4ohm Regular Coil for MTL Vaping (Max: 12W)
1x Usb Cable
1x Manual

Aesthetics and Ergonomics

The Nord 22 AIO Kit came in the usual Cardboard Box with sleeve packaging that Smok products come in and on opening the box i was met by a 22mm diameter AIO vape pen with a nice Slate Blue finish. As well as the Blue version i received both the Nord 22 and Nord 19 are also available in Black Plating, Red, Gold, Stainless Steel and 7-Colour, the finish on mine is very nice and the build quality is good. The top of the tank section has some texturing and "SMOK" printed and a button to unlock the top-cap to allow it to swing open to fill. Up top is a delrin drip-tip which fits over a protruding section with o-rings so you can't use your own. The bore on the drip tip is about average size trying to cater for both MTL and DL styles, so a jack of all trades master of none affair. The tank is one piece with the glass protected by outer metal, both sides of the metal have good sized rectangular cutouts revealing the glass to allow the viewing of your e-liquid level. On the top of the battery section we have 3 airflow holes both sides which are quite large for MTL so thier will also be some reliance on the bore of the coil. The front of the Battery section has an hexagonal Black fire button towards the top, the button has a Red surround and central translucent section for the LED. Towards the bottom of the front "nord AIO 22" is printed, the back of the battery has "SMOK" printed in the same position and towards the top the micro USB port. The base of the battery has safety marks and a central venting hole, as with all vape pen style of devices the Nord is ergonomic.

Nord 22 & 19 Specs and Features:

Size: 22 x 125.5mm (Nord 22) 19 x 122.5mm (Nord 19)
Battery Capacity: Nord 22 2000mAh (built-in) Nord 19 1300mAh (built-in)
Juice Capacity: 3.5ml (Nord 22) 2ml (Nord 19)
Input voltage: 3.3V-4.2V
Output Voltage 2.95v-3.8v
Charging voltage: 5V
Standby current:<20uA
Coil: 0.6ohm mesh coil for sub ohm vaping
1.40ohm regular coil for MTL vaping
1.4ohm ceramic coil for CBD oil( not included )
All-in-one portable design
Pentagon fire button
Nord coils with high compatibility
Tri-color LED indicator
Multiple protections ensure safe vaping
Thread: 510
Colours: Black Plating, Blue, Red, Gold, Stainless Steel, 7-Colour

The Tank Section

Both tank sections of the Nord 22 & 19 are identical apart from the 19 Tank is just scaled down in size slightly which includes looking at the pictures even the fill slot and airflow holes on the top section of the battery. The top of the battery acts as the base of the tank including the non-adjustable airflow holes (3 each side), the rest of the tank section is one piece so can't be taken apart. The Nord has a top fill method like on the Baby V2 tank, in fact the whole top section of the tank look very similar with the same sleeve fitting proprietary style drip tip. To open press the child lock button then the top swings open to the side on a hinge revealing a good sized fill port and seal on the underneath of the top-cap, once filled just push the top-cap into position and it locks in place. The tanks holds 3.5ml of liquid (the Nord 19 holds 2ml), it feels heavy and the metal sections have thick walls and threading, it's a very sturdy tank. The tank has threading as mentioned on the bottom that screws onto the battery but before doing this you need to press fit a coil inside the tank section. If you break the glass on the tank you are stuffed as it is a sealed unit but the glass is very well protected by a thick outer metal wall, a decent rectangular cutout in this metal either side reveals the glass which is used to view your liquid level.

Available Coils

The Standard versions of both the Nord 22 & 19 come with the Nord 1.4ohm regular MTL coil with a recommended max wattage of 12w, the other included coil is the Nord mesh 0.6ohm DL coil with a recommended max wattage of 25w. The EU version of both kits have the Nord 0.6ohm mesh coil replaced with the Nord 0.8ohm mesh DL coil which has a recommended max wattage of 16w. There is also a Ceramic coil available which is the Nord Ceramic 1.4ohm coil. The coils are the same that fit the Nord pod system so you can interchange between the two.

Operating The Nord 22 & 19 Device

The Nord is a simple direct output device but only outputs a maximum of 3.8v so not giving too much power to the supplied coils and also giving a constant vape for a good while before the voltage starts to drop. The device is the usual 5 clicks of the fire button to turn on and 5 clicks to turn off which causes the LED on the fire button to flash White 3 times to confirm, once on it's a simple matter of pressing the fire button and vaping, while vaping the LED lights White. The device does have battery status indication which is shown by the LED on the fire button lighting different colours. To find out the status of the battery you need to press the fire button twice within a second, if the LED lights Green it's above 70%, if it lights Orange it's between 30% and 70% and finally if it lights Red the battery is less than 30%. The Nord has the usual safety protections which if they kick in are indicated by various flashes of the LED.

Review Continued Below:

timwis

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Review Continued:

Protections

8 Second Protection
No Atomiser Alert
Short Circuit Protection
Low Voltage Protection
Lithium Battery Protection

Charging The Nord

The Nord 22 which i received has a 2000mAh in-built battery, the Nord 19 has a smaller 1300mAh battery which will obviously not last as long but charge quicker. You charge the Nord via the micro USB cable and while charging indication is shown which is the same percentages as when using the device. While the charge is less than 30% the light is Red, when it changes to Orange the charge is between 30% and 70%, when it changes to Green the battery is over 70% charged and when fully charged the light goes out.

Using The Nord 22

The device fired without delay and gave a really good vape with both coils but i found the airflow much more suited to the 0.6ohm DL coil giving a restrictive but not too restrictive lung hit. The MTL coil was good and with this i really did't notice much in the way of drop off at all but the airflow allows for nothing other than a very airy MTL, maybe the Nord 19's airflow (the holes look smaller) will allow for a slightly tighter draw. Both coils gave decent flavour, not amazing flavour but about average but then the flavour with stock coils seem to of improved a lot of late so certainly no complaints. Although the DL coil did suit the airflow better and gave a consistent vape for most of the batteries life drop off was noticeable has the battery got towards the end of it's life. The battery life i found to be good, with the MTL coil it lasted the day and most of the day with the DL coil, obviously the 1300mAh Nord 19 batteries life will not be as good.

Final Thoughts

The Nord is a good device and offers both MTL and DL vaping with decent flavour and the coils being the same as used on the Nord pod system is a pro. Although you can't replace the glass the tank is sturdy and glass well protected i feel although this is a con you would need to be very unlucky to break it. The one thing that makes the Nord only a good device and not very good is the lack of airflow adjustability and only suited for MTL vapers that like a very airy draw, although personally i liked the restricted hit it gave with the DL coil.

Good build quality
Finish nice and seems durable
Ergonomic
Glass well protected
3.5ml capacity (Nord 22)
MTL and DL
Nice restrictive direct lung draw
Flavour Decent
Consistent vape for most of batteries life
Both MTL and DL coils included
Same coils as used with the Nord Pod System
2000mAh battery Nord 22 (pro), Nord 19 battery only 1300mAh (con)
Battery status and charging indication
Top-fill
Good size fill port
Good sized viewing windows
Child lock mechanism

Cons

Airflow Non adjustable
MTL very airy (Nord 22, 19version may be tighter)
Drop off DL coil (But only noticeable at the end of battery life)
Nord 19 (not the one i received) only 1300mAh battery
Tank one piece so glass can't be replaced
Proprietary drip tip

I would once again like to thank Smok for supplying the Nord 22 AIO Kit for the purpose of this review.

https://www.smoktech.com/kit/nord-aio-19...ord-aio-22

VU Sponsors