Become a Patron!

SMOK Mico Resin AIO Pod Kit 700mAh- Seriously Good Pod Device

timwis

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi Vaping Underground members, In this review i take a look at the Mico Resin AIO Pod Kit 700mAh from Smok. The Mico Resin AIO Pod Kit 700mAh was supplied for the purpose of this review by Smok.

https://www.smoktech.com/kit/mico

Introduction

Since Smok entered the pod game they have impressed, the Novo i really rated and the Nord also seems to of been greeted favourably. I personally haven't used the Nord but have used the Nord coils with the Nord AIO vape pen and they are cracking. Now we have the Mico which is a tiny square device and comes in 7 colourful Resin finishes. The draw activated device features a on/off switch, 700mAh battery and 2 of the 3 available pods. The pods have a comfortable duckbill mouth section and both sides of the device have viewing windows, enough rabbiting, let's give it a look!

In The Box

Contents:

1 x SMOK Mico Device
1 x Mico Pod (0.8ohm Mesh coil)
1 x Mico Pod (1.0ohm regular coil)
1 x Lanyard
1 x QC Card
1 x User Manual

Aesthetics and Ergonomics

The Mico Kit came in small cardboard box packaging which has a different style aesthetically to usual Smok packaging. Once opened i was met by a upper section consisting of 2 pods and a tiny square gorgeous looking pod device, it's one aesthetically for the resin lovers. I received the Black version, it's also available in Prism Chrome, Prism Rainbow, Prism Blue, Prism Gold, Red and Green, the colour actually refers to the frame. Front and back we have polished Resin panels which have swirl design which includes the colour of choice. On the front panel we have "SMOK" printed top right and on the rear panel "MICO" top left, both front and back have good sized viewing windows on the panels to see the juice level of the pod inside the bay. At the top of one of the sides we have a little cutout with rail to be able to fit a lanyard (a lanyard is included) and towards the bottom on the opposite side a on/off switch, below this is an LED for indication. The micro USB port is located on the base which i don't like, the device has a base so it can stand up like a box mod so having the USB on the base is a big con for me, mind with the supplied USB cable the device will be dangling while charging. The only part of the pod that protrudes out of the device is the Black duckbill mouthpiece, this is to one side of the device. The device is very well made and in my opinion the Resin panels look great, i know the shape has been seen before but if this vapes as good as it looks i couldn't give a damn. As mentioned the device is tiny, has a polish finish and no sharp edges so it disappears into the hand and the duckbill mouthpiece feels very comfortable.

Mico Specs and Features:

Size: 56.3 x 46.5 x 14.8mm
Capacity: 1.7ml
Battery: Built-in 700mAh
Material: Zinc Alloy
Resistance: 0.6-2ohm
Output Power: 10-26W
output Voltage: 3.3V-4.2V
Charging: 5V/0.37A
Square shape with resin panel
Mesh coil and regular coil for different juices
Perfect MTL vape with Mico
A lanyard included for easy carrying
Colours: Prism Chrome, Black, Prism Rainbow, Prism Blue, Prism Gold, Red, Green

The Pods

You receive 2 pods, one has a regular coil with a resistance of 1.0ohm and the other a mesh coil with a resistance of 0.8ohm, Pods with a 1.4ohm ceramic coil are also available but not included.

The Pods look similar to the Novo pods but they are slightly different so are not interchangeable. The Pod has a Black duckbill mouthpiece, the base is Metal and the main body of the Pod is clear so seeing your e-juice is no problem at all. On the side of the pod we have a silicone bung which stays attached to the pod while filling. To remove get your fingernail at the top and pull out, then it can be swivelled 180 degrees to get full access to the generous fill port. Once filled (the pods hold 1.7ml of liquid) just place the bung back in place. On the metal base we have a small airflow slit either side then looking at the bottom of the pod we can see the two contacts and opening that allows your draw to be detected by the membrane switch. The contacts and opening are central with a metal surround.

Fitting The Pod

Looking inside the bay that the pod slots into we can see the 2 Gold plated, spring loaded contacts and between these the opening for the membrane switch. Like on the pod the contacts and opening are central but in the bay also slightly raised. The surround is magnetised and when you lower the pod you can feel the pull, it is also a nice fit so the pod is kept in place by a combination of magnetic pull and being a perfect fit, it's very secure. As mentioned previously on the two sides of the bay their are also viewing windows to clearly see your juice level.

Operating The Mico

The Mico is a draw activated device but has a physical switch so it can be turned on and off, after operating the switch the small LED below the switch flashes White 5 times. Once on like other devices of this type simply take a draw to vape. The Mico has battery status indication which is shown by what colour the LED lights when taking a vape. If it lights Green the battery is above 70%, when it lights Orange it's between 30% and 70% and when it falls below 30% it lights Red. The device also has safety protections which as usually are indicated by various flashes of the LED.

Protections

8 Seconds Cutoff
Pod Detection
Short Circuit Protection
Low Voltage Protection

Review Continued Below:

timwis

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Review Continued:

Charging The Mico

The Mico is charged via the micro USB port and you are supplied with what must be the worlds shortest USB cable (it's that short it's comical), although most people will just use a longer one manufacturers always say you should use the one supplied and from most USB power sources it will leave the device dangling which isn't ideal. When you start charging the LED flashes White once and then shows the charge in the battery. When the LED is Red there is less than 30%, when the charge is between 30% and 70% it turns Orange, When the charge goes above 70% it turns Green and finally when the Mico is fully charged the LED goes off, it takes just under 2 hours to charge.

Using The Mico

I tell you what, this is a seriously good pod device, it's excellent build quality, has the looks and it's performance matches. I tried both pods and did leave after filling for quite a while before trying and the flavour was dancing right off the bat. No primer puff needed the vape comes easily, the airflow with the 1.0 pod is very Zero like (medium MTL) but more cloud and edging it for flavour, just my opinion but seriously that opinion is this is giving better flavour than the Zero. The air slits are the same size on the 0.8ohm mesh pod but the bore of the coil must be wider as this gives just a touch more air. It's still MTL, in fact it's a really nice draw, the flavour matches the 1.0ohm pod and for a pod system this pod gives a serious amount of cloud. Of course there is a bit of drop off as the battery runs down but not to the degree that the flavour or cloud really suffers too much. The 700mAh is more than fair for the device, it didn't last all day but the best part of it. Charging is a bit slow taking about 2 hours and that tiny USB cable is ridiculous but other than that nothing but praise for the Mico.

Very good build quality
Polished Resin Panels
Pocket friendly stealthy device
7 colour options
Ergonomic
Physical on/off switch
Battery status indication (vaping and charging)
Multiple protections
Lovely MTL draw with no primer needed (mesh coil just slightly looser than the regular coil)
Very good flavour
Clearly see juice level
Large fill port
Pod fits in device very securely
1.0 coil good vaper production
0.8 coil very good vaper production
Ceramic 1.4ohm pod available
Included lanyard
Fair battery life (lasts most of the day)

Cons

USB on base
USB cable very short (device will be dangling while charging)
Charging takes about 2 hours

I would once again like to thank Smok for supplying the Mico Resin AIO Pod Kit for the purpose of this review.

https://www.smoktech.com/kit/mico

VU Sponsors