Become a Patron!

Smok majesty battery issue

Krusty

Member For 1 Year
Hello
I was given a smok majesty mod from a friends as it didnt work anymore, when i got it both 18650s read 0.3 v so i got new ones , they are currently at 4.05v but the mod shows they are dead , it fires normally etc , but when i plug a usb cable in they cust show 14 and 16% ... any ideas?

Krusty

Member For 1 Year
Just noticed that depending if the mod is on or off the battery % when charging is about 10% higher when its on

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Why did he give you a mod that didn't work for him? It may be the mod and not the batteries. Not sure about smok products.

Sent from my LM-Q610(FGN) using Tapatalk

Krusty

Member For 1 Year
It was sitting for ages which caused the batterys to die , he had a new one so didnt need it , but i checked now and the batterys are indeed charging in it just it keeps showing the wrong %

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What do you mean wrong %? Like you they say 40% charged. Kinda lost but want to help

Sent from my LM-Q610(FGN) using Tapatalk

Krusty

Member For 1 Year
Ok let me try explain better
So i have the batteries charged using a different vape to 100% , when i put them in the majesty the battery display for both batteries shows something around 15-20%
When i try charging using usb in the majesty it shows up the charging screen showing batteries are nearly dead , now this shows different percentages i noticed sometimes 8% 15% or 28% but it never shows they are charged...

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
The 2 new batteries have always been used in dual battery config? And charged fully at the same time? (married)
How did you know the new batteries were at 4.05v ? New usually come with about 1/2 a charge.
Do you have an external charger that shows the voltage when fully charged (4.2v) ?

The % of charge a mod shows will be in relation to the battery cutoff voltage of the mod. Not from 4.2 > 0 volts. Usually (4.2>)3.0-3.2v < you can check Majesty manual.

I realize what the % the mod is showing you is far from what it seems it should be for 4.05v. Use an external charger or voltage meter to see voltage then see what mod says.

smok says update fw for some charging issues, but I don't know that's the fix and don't like updating fw (becasue of bricking risk) without absolutely knowing that's what it needs. But if all else fails, you could try it as you have nothing invested in the mod.
https://www.smoktech.com/faq/509

Try making sure the batteries are fully charged then see what the mod says.

Last edited:

Krusty

Member For 1 Year
Yes the 2 batteries have been charged at the same time, at the time they were at 4.05v measured with a multimeter, the mod seems to show similar percentage no matter how charged they are, when i charged them to 4.2v it still showed around 20%

Krusty

Member For 1 Year
Another thing , it actually charges the batteries when its turned off up to 4.07v showing a at 10% and b at 11%... very weird..

Krusty

Member For 1 Year
I left the batteries in the mod overnight and it drained them a lot it was turned off , something weird with this thing...

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
I left the batteries in the mod overnight and it drained them a lot it was turned off , something weird with this thing...
I'd say that mod is a paper weight. Malfunctioning isn't safe.
If you can't find a fw, even if it's the same as it came with, could see if it can be reset somehow, or reinstall sw.

james11elliott

Member For 1 Year
Hello
I was given a smok majesty mod from a friends as it didnt work anymore, when i got it both 18650s read 0.3 v so i got new ones , they are currently at 4.05v but the mod shows they are dead , it fires normally etc , but when i plug a usb cable in they cust show 14 and 16% ... any ideas?
Plan and simple u got ripped off on a mod the mods junk there's something wrong with the board

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors