Become a Patron!

Smok - Mag 225w TC Kit

timwis

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
HI Vaping Underground members, In this review i take a look at the Mag 225w TC Kit from Smok. The Mag Kit was supplied for the purpose of this review by Betty from Cvapor.

https://www.cvapor.com/smok-mag-kit-with...-tank.html

In the Box

Contents:

1* Mag mod
1* TFV12 Prince tank
1* V12 Prince-Q4 0.4ohm Quadruple coils(pre-installed)
1* V12 Prince-T10 0.12ohm Decuple coils
1* Replacement glass tube
1* USB Cable
1* User manual
Spare parts

Aesthetics and Ergonomics

The Mag is shaped like the handle section of a gun, giving the device a pistol grip. Whatever the rights or wrongs of having a device resembling any part of a gun personally i like it and ergonomically is without doubt the best device i have used. One side of the device has a trigger fire button at the top and underneath the device is curved to allow your other 3 fingers to rest comfortably. The opposite side is again shaped to make the palm of your hand feel comfortable and has a raised black panel with venting. The front of the device has a mirrored black panel shaped to match the contours of the device which houses the 1.3" HD OLED colour screen giving a very sharp, clear display, also housed within this panel is the nicely shaped up and down buttons and the USB port. Level with the top of the panel to the right we have the battery magazine release button and finally at the top is very good venting. The back of the device has the same venting at the top and Smok branding bottom left, we also have what looks like an upside down hockey stick shaped carbon fibre section which has "MAG 225W TC" printed in white. The bottom of the device is the battery magazine and the top houses a raised at one side 510 plate with gold plated, spring loaded 510. The 510 plate is raised one side so the tank sits level as the top of the device is slanted, if you look at the perfect grip you have on the device it requires the trigger finger to be slightly higher than the back of the hand, hence the slant. The build quality of the Mag 225w TC device is excellent. The colour i received is Silver but there are so many colour options available.
With the Mag i received a matching Silver TFV12 Prince with a Cobra multicoloured drip tip. I was surprised that it looked an average size for a tank that holds 8ml of liquid. It comes with a bulged glass fitted which accounts for it's large capacity, however we are not talking Fireluke goldfish bowl, the bulge is somewhat subdued; giving the Prince in my opinion a classy look which isn't going to look odd on top of devices. Both top-cap and base have matching heavy patterned texturing and "SMOK" written on the top-cap. The airflow on the Prince comprises of 2 huge cyclops with stoppers, overall the Prince looks and feels very well made.

Right Handed or Left Handed Edition

Having both right and left handed editions is excellent but anyone thinking of getting the Mag needs to think before making the most of this choice. You need to think about your vaping habits because for example i'm right handed yet i did request the left handed edition. Yes if i'm not doing anything and grab my device for a vape i use my right hand but if i'm carrying shopping for example i use my right hand for that therefore if i fancy a vape it would be with my left hand as that's the hand that's free. Also i would say 60% of my vaping is done when i'm at the computer typing (which i do right handed) so this entire time i would vape left handed.

Prince Specs:

Base Diameter: 25.5mm
Size: 63 x 28mm / 63 x 25.5mm (EU Edition)
Capcity: 8ml/ 2ml (EU Edition)
Material: Stainless steel and pyrex glass
Thread: 510
Wild Cobra Drip Tip
Convex Glass Tube 8ml
Adjustable Bottom Airflow
New V12 PRINCE Q4/X6/T10 Core
Patented Locking Mechanism
Top refill system
Colour: Black/Blue/Gold/Green/Purple/Red/7-color/Stainless/Auto Pink/Navy Blue/Matte Black/White/Gun Metal

Prince Overview

I have reviewed the Prince a couple of times and despite i find overall it's more of a cloud producing tank than a flavour tank, with the right coil you can get decent flavour. The coils provided are the T10 0.12 Decuple coil rated at 60-120w best at 80-110w and this will please cloud chasers, the other coil is the Q4 0.4 Quadruple coil rated 40-100w best at 60-80w which gave better flavour (still huge cloud) but not as good as i expected. There are other coils available, the Q6 which is included when you buy the Prince separately surprised me giving better flavour than the Q4 and the 0.17 which you get with the Prince Stick Kit, best at 45-55w gave excellent flavour, there is also an RBA available. The Prince is top-fill and has a lock mechanism in the form of a button that needs pressing before it slides side-wards on a hinge, and with the bulge glass fitted has a massive 8ml capacity. The Prince's build quality is excellent and is Smoks attempt of taming the TFV12 slightly to find good flavour and i would say it's a success. Because this is the third time i have received the Prince (twice with a kit) i used the Mag trying different tanks.

timwis

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
PART 2

Mag Specs:

Size: 92.3 x 65 x 30mm
Wattage Range: 6-225W
Voltage Range: 0.5-9V
Standby Current: <500uA
Batteries: 2 x 18650 batteries (not included)
Resistance: 0.1-3ohm(VW)/0.05-3ohm(TC)
Temperature Range: 200℉-600℉/100℃-315℃
Thread: 510
Lock-n-load Design for Battery Installation with Flower-shaped Button
Unique Gun-handle Appearance
Exquisite Trigger-like Fire Key
HD Massive UI for Easy Operation
Ergonomic Design to Fit Your Hands
225W Output with VW/TC/MEMORY Modes
Dual Indicative Battery Life Bar
Colours: Multiple

Using the Mag

I love the way the batteries are fitted into this device, press the round silver button to the side of the screen and the battery magazine ejects. The orientation is clearly marked and once you put the batteries in the magazine just push into place and it locks very securely. The release button has to be pushed straight on and with a bit of effort so there is no way it will be activated by accident and if you feel it is becoming easier to press you are provided with a tool to tighten it up.
To switch the device on is 5 clicks but switching it off has to be done via the menu system, when the device is on 5 clicks locks and unlocks the device (when the device is locked the device will not fire). To enter the menu system is 3 clicks which brings up a row of options, W, Ti, Ni, SS and M, you can use the left and right buttons to highlight one of these options and which ever is highlighted things that can be adjusted will be at the bottom of the screen. To move to the things that can be altered you need to hold down the fire trigger to highlight them. When W is highlighted holding down the fire trigger then moves to the wattage which can be adjusted, then holding down the fire trigger again moves to preheat. When one of the temp control wires is highlighted the things you can adjust is wattage for temp control and TCR setting, when you highlight M you have a total of 22 memory slots. From this screen instead of holding down the fire trigger you just give it a click to move to the next screen which is the puff counter settings, another click takes you to where you can change the colour accents on the screen and a final click takes you to the power settings where you can switch off the device. All these screens work the same way as the opening screen of the menu, holding down the fire trigger highlights what you can adjust then the left and right button to make your adjustments. The colour options screen has 6 colour options but also on this screen you can adjust screen timeout and whether or not you want the device to lock when the screen timeouts. There are some combination press shortcuts that can be done from the main screen, the trigger and left together brings up the row of mode's so you can quickly change between wattage or a temp control mode. When in wattage mode the fire trigger and right together brings up your preheat choices so you can alter this without going into the menu system, the same press combination when in temp control brings up wattage so again you can alter your wattage for temp control without going into the menu system. The menu system flows very nicely and the display is aesthetically pleasing.

Performance

The Mag performs very well firing instantly and seems to give accurate wattage, i used different tanks on it including a couple of tanks i'm testing and found the device worked perfectly. As i like to do with high powered device's, i tried it at low wattage using the Berserker Mini at 12w and the device was silent. The device does have a trade off though for the ergonomics, that is if the top was not slanted you could fit 30mm tanks without overhang but the slant limits you to 26mm. The other negative about the device is there are no custom curves which is a feature i love using. The battery life is what i would expect from a duel 18650 device and it is fully firmware upgradable.

Pros

Best Ergonomics i've come across on a device
Magazine best battery system i've come across
Large HD OLED colour screen
Aesthetically pleasing display
Good Menu system
High build quality
High wattage
Temp control
Device doesn't fire when locked
Fires instantly
Prince tank lock mechanism
Prince tank 8ml capacity

Cons

No custom curves
Can't fit tanks over 26mm

Conclusion

The Mag is Ergonomically the best device i have used, it also has the best battery system i have come across. It's an excellent high wattage device that fires instantly and is very accurate. There is though a trade off between tank size you can use for the Ergonomics and the device doesn't have custom curves. Being a lower wattage vaper only interested in flavour i personally prefer the Baby Beast but can appreciate that the included Prince is probably Smok's best tank to date.

I would once again like to thank Betty from Cvapor for supplying the Mag Kit for the purpose of this review.

https://www.cvapor.com/smok-mag-kit-with...-tank.html

VU Sponsors