Become a Patron!

SMOK Mag 225w questions?

So I am a long time Smok fan. I have had several of their mods and recently this Wednesday picked up the Rad and Black Mag 225w Mod from my local shop. Now I came from a Smok Alien 220w after having that one for about 1.5 years before it fully just stopped working on me. Some issues that I am seeing and running into though, I'm wondering if they are fixable.

Issue # 1: Voltage stays at zero on the screen unless actively pressing the fire button. On the Alien, it showed the most recent voltage after a hit and stayed on the screen until the next hit and updated. Why is it that on the Mag 225w it resets to 0.000? Is this a firmware issue or an issue with my mod or is it just how they are now. Kind of annoying to me that it does this.

Issue #2: Before on the Alien 220w when you charged through the USB port, it indicated the percentage of the batteries after the screen timed out. On the Mag 225w, the screen just times out and goes all black. No battery level indicator for percentages at all. The battery icons on the top of the screen move when the screen is on but doesn't give you any hint to the percentage though. Is this again a firmware issue, or just how the mod is?

Issue #3: On the Alien 220w, you could manually adjust the resistance if needed in the settings menu. On the Mag 225w, there is no setting at all for this. Why would they remove that feature? Granted I didn't use it a ton, but sometimes on my Alien 220w, it was reading my coils incorrectly even though I verified the coil separately. Eventually, the Alien shit out on me and I think it reading things wrong was the first sign of my board dying, but even still it was nice to have that feature to go in and manually adjust the resistance of the coil to what my external reader was telling me. Just seems odd, that they would remove that feature.

The menu system seems to be dumbed way down from previous models, and too me that is a bit concerning as I enjoyed having that level of control over my mod. Especially when spending a pretty penny on one like this. Can these issues be fixed via a firmware update, or is it just how Smok is making them now and I am SOL?

P.S. I am running this with the Twisted Messes RDA atm as well. Love the TFV12 Prince Tank, but I also love tinkering with RDA's and building. Great piece of kit, this mod, but just a few flaws/possible issues that I have come across so far.

9374611-12.jpg

Edit: So I managed to get it to show battery percentage when charging now. Don't know why it wasn't doing it before but it is working now, but you have to hit the center buttons after the screen times out to see it. Weird. I still can't get the volts to remain on the screen though when not firing the mod, and I still don't see anything in regards to micro adjusting the resistance of the coil once installed.

hi there the voltage is mainly for builders its so that you can see exactly what's going through your coils as voltage isn't a constant. manually adjusting the resistance was removed as it removed the chance of human error creating an unsafe vaping condition, all mods read ohms differently and the mag reads to 3 decimal places meaning it is more accurate and doesn't need the adjust ohms option. its the way they are making them unfortunately I've had mine since one week after release the exact same colour option as you mine is the left handed version and not had a single issue with it all the extra options are unnecessary especial as your building your own i use the kylin rta or the goon version one and they are perfect on it don't get put off by the simplification.

VU Sponsors