Become a Patron!

Smok Clapton coils?

MR. MAYHEM

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I just bought a pack and noticed that the cotton isnt packed to well. It almost looks like the cotton is already breaking apart even tho it's never been used. Anyone have these coils and notice that. I took couple hits off of hit seem ok I'm at 82watts on it and can't take long inhales maybe 2-3 sec pulls

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I just bought a pack and noticed that the cotton isnt packed to well. It almost looks like the cotton is already breaking apart even tho it's never been used. Anyone have these coils and notice that. I took couple hits off of hit seem ok I'm at 82watts on it and can't take long inhales maybe 2-3 sec pulls

I havent tried them yet but please repost with your results of Day 1, Day 3, 1 Week and if they last, Longer.
I wasnt keen on them producing them, TFV4 coilheads arent as easy to rebuild as Atlantis/Kanger coilheads...

MR. MAYHEM

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I mean these are the prebuilt coil heads. This is not my all day vape so my results will be different from others. I use my tfv4 maybe hr day if that and more on my days off work. I will let know how they are just my worry was the construction of the heads. Very poor quality looks wise

MR. MAYHEM

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
So a lil update. I let the tfv4 sit for a few days. Working a lot and haven't had time to use it much. Flavor and vapor production are muted. U really got pull on it to get some sort of something. Idk

blink.

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I've been using the Smok clapton coil for a week now, still working great.

shamelin73

Member For 4 Years
just bought and received mine. I will try one sometime today. I didn't notice any loose cotton on the couple I looked at. I did notice that its two 4 coil claptons in there

MR. MAYHEM

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
So here is my impression. Not very impressed imo. Flavor is not great and vapor production is so so. I but it on same level of the triple coils. Quad coil is way better both flavor and vapor wise. Still working but it feels to me like the air flow is tight not great compared to the quad.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
So here is my impression. Not very impressed imo. Flavor is not great and vapor production is so so. I but it on same level of the triple coils. Quad coil is way better both flavor and vapor wise. Still working but it feels to me like the air flow is tight not great compared to the quad.

I think the Quad Coils were the best besides the TF-R2 and TF-RCA. It has the best Airflow, can handle extreme watt ages and has that warm-hot vape with intense flavor. Ive tried replicating that experience with the RBA's but even with vertical parallels I cant quite get it right. I think thats the only coil head I will buy in the future and for now play more with the RBA's. I recommend anyone to try the TF-R2 and the TF-RCA RBA's, they are great.

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I thought the clapton coil was solid. Near quad coil flavor with more density, requiring less wattage and sucking less juice. Quad coil is still my favorite out of the prebuilt options, but the clapton was solid as well IMO. Of course like said above, the rebuildables are my favorite, though my favorite is the TF-R1, though mine is modified (check out http://vapingunderground.com/threads/new-tfv4-vertical-coil-rba.141246/). It doesn't match the quad coil, in that it has a much thicker vape but it's as close as I've come, and for my personal preference it's better.

VU Sponsors