Become a Patron!

Smok baby beast rant.......

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Interesting

Yeah you would think it isn't worth it to counterfeit coils that cost less than $2.00 a piece but they do. I had a box of coils recently I thought had a funny taste and checked the code and they were authentic. I am thinking they might have been old stock which could be a different cotton but they would have to be really old. I also did not have good luck with some SMOK coils that came with the device so I would have to think they are authentic but maybe it was because they do not come sealed in plastic?

Tasty storm

Member For 1 Year
Yeah you would think it isn't worth it to counterfeit coils that cost less than $2.00 a piece but they do. I had a box of coils recently I thought had a funny taste and checked the code and they were authentic. I am thinking they might have been old stock which could be a different cotton but they would have to be really old. I also did not have good luck with some SMOK coils that came with the device so I would have to think they are authentic but maybe it was because they do not come sealed in plastic?
Good point, the coil that came with the kit was the second best the best being the one I purchased in shop, maybe it got dirty inside it, as for the octocoil that came with it, its probably still good I just didn't like the flavor compared to the q2

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
The 1st coils I ever used was the X4 and they are my favorite, the Q2 and T8 the jury is still out on but I stocked back up with a box of X4's since I do not feel like deliberating any more.

Tasty storm

Member For 1 Year
The 1st coils I ever used was the X4 and they are my favorite, the Q2 and T8 the jury is still out on but I stocked back up with a box of X4's since I do not feel like deliberating any more.
Wish they sold sample packs with one of each coil, from what I've heard I think I'd like the x4 as well, I guess I could buy one of each lol

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
When I got my 1st Alien with the Baby Beast I ordered X4 coils to go with it. These were what I tried first and was the best decision I think I could have made since they are flavorful and nice clouds with long life. Recently I ran out and none of my regular suppliers had them so I bought the T8's on a friends recommendation and tried the Q2's they came with. I have an X4 back in my Babies now so you be the judge.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I guess I know what I should buy now lol

Shit remember vaping is subjective and what I like could really suck for you~! Just my personal experiences is what I post not what I saw in a review or what some dumbass said is good. If I like it or have 1st hand experience I will forward it on but if it was what I read or heard I clearly state that is what it was.

Tasty storm

Member For 1 Year
Shit remember vaping is subjective and what I like could really suck for you~! Just my personal experiences is what I post not what I saw in a review or what some dumbass said is good. If I like it or have 1st hand experience I will forward it on but if it was what I read or heard I clearly state that is what it was.
Oh, I know, I've been thinking about trying the other coils anyway, just the coil issue I've had kinda discouraged me from trying

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
The X4 coils for me are the best choice for the Baby Beast but that is just me and when I got the Alien with the Baby Beast the local vape shop was still waiting on them. I went with the middle of the range for the coils they offered at the time and still think the X4 are the best.

Tasty storm

Member For 1 Year
Just a heads up, I bought one of those anti spitback 810 drip tips for my drop rda, I got it in an attempt to help keep dust out but I gotta say it actually boosted the flavor of my juice! It's not the type that has little holes, instead it has like a corkscrew design and the swirl it creates just takes the flavor to another level. The con is I can't drip through the tip anymore, gotta pull it to re-juice.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Bought em on eBay, maybe that's the problem, do people counterfeit subohm tank coils? Lol

They absolutely definitely positively do. And most of the ones I've bought have been pure shit. Took me a while to learn.

Tasty storm

Member For 1 Year
I'm ending my rant here, I popped in another ebay coil and by the second tank I started tasting weird shit and there were traces of burnt liquid coming back into my tank, went to the shop picked up a few x4 coils (which btw is my favorite now) and I've made it to tank 3 with no weirdness yet. I'm chalking this up to counterfeit coils, NOT a bad batch of legit coils. There's a major difference in taste from jump street, I think it's because of cheap wicks for the counterfeits. (bought a Q2 also and that's what I'm basing my counterfeit theory off of as the ebay coils and shop coils immediately taste different from each other even though they both are supposedly Q2 0.4 ohm coils). Cheers folks, happy vaping!

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I'm ending my rant here, I popped in another ebay coil and by the second tank I started tasting weird shit and there were traces of burnt liquid coming back into my tank, went to the shop picked up a few x4 coils (which btw is my favorite now) and I've made it to tank 3 with no weirdness yet. I'm chalking this up to counterfeit coils, NOT a bad batch of legit coils. There's a major difference in taste from jump street, I think it's because of cheap wicks for the counterfeits. (bought a Q2 also and that's what I'm basing my counterfeit theory off of as the ebay coils and shop coils immediately taste different from each other even though they both are supposedly Q2 0.4 ohm coils). Cheers folks, happy vaping!

If that eBay auction didn't specify that those coils were "unbranded," you can report them for selling counterfeit items. Just so you know.

Tasty storm

Member For 1 Year
I'm checking the Authentication code now, if anything is off (like I assume it will be) I will absolutely report the seller, there's no sense in trashing the reputation of a company and their products just to make a buck.

Martymcfly

Member For 1 Year
Try the coils for the NRG Vaporesso tank. The tank was designed around the Baby so the coils are cross compatible. I just did this and it solved all my Baby Beast issues immediately. The NRG coils seem to be better all around and don't seem to suffer from the same quality control problems.

VU Sponsors