Become a Patron!

Smok Aluminum ACE [RFC]

Simple request for comment/s / opinion/s on the Smok Aluminum ACE. Looking at maybe buying one, not seen any reviews as of yet. Thought I may open up here for comments.

One thing I am in reflection about is replaceable batteries. Are they worth the initial outlay?

I would probably use these batteries. What would be the better/best charger to use with them?

Apologies if these seem inane questions or this is inappropriately posted. Disclaimer on my links, I am not an affiliate for anyone nor do I intend to be. The links are just that, links pointing to information. That aside I welcome comment/s. Thanks in advance.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
The ACE looks like a nice unit and SMOK makes some pretty decent stuff.

But if it were me, I would get a Vamo V6 as it gives you an extra 5 watts of power and the capability to use a smaller battery right out of the box without having to order an extra tube.

And yes, replaceable batteries are more than worth the initial outlay!

Nightcore and Xtar are two of the best brands out there.

The ACE looks like a nice unit and SMOK makes some pretty decent stuff.

Thank you for the reply & advice. Sometimes it also useful talking with our partners. :) Last night my wife suggested an Innokin MVP 2.

Was thinking of it for a while, saw the ACE got bling blinded. The goal I suppose is to graduate up from these rolling sticks dubbed Ego or Ego style batteries. Think too she might be bling blinded by the MVP 2.

"Oh look you can charge cell phones off of it", she tells me. :)

I tallied an initial outlay of either the Ace or Provari types to be running around $80-100 + for a battery and backup battery kit. That seems to be the consensus when folks get kits, "always ensure you get backup batteries". Concur with the logic of that as well, it is good advice. :)

Did the same basic tally with the MVP. Well, as a 2600mAh battery it seems extra firing/use life would exist. It also may be used as a pass through. I am at home a lot, computer is right here, plug in and toke while wired up. The MVP runs around $60. I toss in two 5 packs of generic Pro Tank single coils for the AeroTank & my back up Smok Aro, still coming up $10 + cheaper.

Sure money grows in cotton fields. Not everyone can pick cotton, or enough of it. Ergo we manage with finding the lower costs. Again, thank you for your advice. I appreciate that forums like this exist, and folks help others. :)

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
You could also consider the Dovpo E-MECH.

You should be able to find one in the area of $60+.

It goes up to 30 watts and holds 2 X 18650 batteries and has an internal charger. Also you can charge your phone with it. And it tells you the time, day and date. And it has a built in flashlight.

I have one myself and I really like it.

It is a bit odd looking but it feels good in my hand.

Just make sure you get the V3 or above.

VU Sponsors