Become a Patron!

Smok Alien wont power on after firmware update.

Hey im am trying to find out if it is possible to fix my Smok Alien. I have veiwed and tried everything i read and videos that had simuliar problem. However the problem was not the same or the fix didnt apply to mine. By the way its two Smok Aliens that my problem exsist. Both Aliens worked fine before i updated the firm ware. One is mine the other my girlfriends. I was using TC with a kangertech tank. After finally getting it set right for me it was working pretty damn good great flavor some okay clouds, but no that wasnt good enough for me. I had to go ahead and update so i could experience an even better tc vape, so i went and updated the firmware only to leave me with out a vapor mod. So i not only updated mine and no power on, i had to go ahead and see if i could fuck up another one. I did all the things that the update said to do i got a pass on the update on both devises. And now neither one is worth a shit.! Is that why they call it a brick or being bricked. Does any one have the real answer to a fix or do i need to buy a new one for my girl. I have a new Smok Mag coming in the next couple days. We both are using a Segelei with the baby beast tank. One is a 150 and the other is a 50 watt both are mine and great devises, but i do miss the Alien

eStorm

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reddit Exile
Smok is a piece of garbage, so not only have you tried to fix something that wasn't broke, you also went ahead and ordered another garbage mod, good job :)

Try this tho, plug your mod into the PC, open the firmware installer
Remove last update
Try booting the mod

If you get nothing, plug back in, bottom of the installer is a button that says reverse to firmware
Now try to boot the mod

Still nothing? Aight plug back in, download the prior firmware not the newest from smoks archive and load it. If you still get nothing, find your receipt and deal with smok's warranty department the next upcoming 6 months. Good luck.

Smok is a piece of garbage, so not only have you tried to fix something that wasn't broke, you also went ahead and ordered another garbage mod, good job :)

Try this tho, plug your mod into the PC, open the firmware installer
Remove last update
Try booting the mod

If you get nothing, plug back in, bottom of the installer is a button that says reverse to firmware
Now try to boot the mod

Still nothing? Aight plug back in, download the prior firmware not the newest from smoks archive and load it. If you still get nothing, find your receipt and deal with smok'swarranty department the next upcoming 6 months. Good luck.
Thanks, i will try your suggestions. I have had no problems with my vaping experience with the alien, yes it has had a few things that i thought were pretty shitty, like paint peeling and the micro usb port pulling out, and the battery door is pretty much junk, how ever those things have not Interfered with my vaping. I understand that there are tons of vape mods out there and i have experienced a few. Every one i have experienced had their different pros and cons, for what i want out of vaping. I have had the alien more than six months. I didnt start vaping yesterday. Everyone has their preferences and styles of Products, Not just vaping products that’s why there so many different varieties of different Products. But tell me I bought a piece of junk it’s kind of pretty harsh I don’t think I bought a piece of junk, I’m happy with it that’s all that counts. so you know there’s Ford people and there are Chevy people, I happen to own both, i prefer Chevys. anyway thanks for your help

Thanks, i will try your suggestions. I have had no problems with my vaping experience with the alien, yes it has had a few things that i thought were pretty shitty, like paint peeling and the micro usb port pulling out, and the battery door is pretty much junk, how ever those things have not Interfered with my vaping. I understand that there are tons of vape mods out there and i have experienced a few. Every one i have experienced had their different pros and cons, for what i want out of vaping. I have had the alien more than six months. I didnt start vaping yesterday. Everyone has their preferences and styles of Products, Not just vaping products that’s why there so many different varieties of different Products. But tell me I bought a piece of junk it’s kind of pretty harsh I don’t think I bought a piece of junk, I’m happy with it that’s all that counts. so you know there’s Ford people and there are Chevy people, I happen to own both, i prefer Chevys. anyway thanks for your help

By the way this Smok Mag is pretty bad ass as far as im concerned. And although i enjoy vaping and everything about it, and i have not had i Cigarette since August, vaping longer than that, but vaping is not my life, it may prolong my life by not smoking, but it isnt my life.i respect those that make a living from the vapor industry. I dont plan on quitting, i enjoy it too much. thanks again!

VU Sponsors