Become a Patron!

Smok Alien resistance reading deviation

I currently have the octuple core that comes with the kit installed rated at .15 ohms but the reader is clocking with a deviation of +.01 at room temp. Is this normal? Sorry if this is a silly question but I'm not sure how to word it in a search

If this is okay, how how big of a deviation will problems start occurring?

Vesuvius

OG
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I currently have the octuple core that comes with the kit installed rated at .15 ohms but the reader is clocking with a deviation of +.01 at room temp. Is this normal? Sorry if this is a silly question but I'm not sure how to word it in a search

If this is okay, how how big of a deviation will problems start occurring?
Deviations in the ohms is normal and many things can cause it but a .01 ohm deviation is nothing to even acknowledge, you're good.

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Yep Christ I've had some coils that differ more than that from Smok still vape fine - deviation like that is normal

Can be a few things put your mind at rest though if you see bigger variations or the mod isn't vaping right

1.coil not tight enough in the base (don't go gorilla on it, don't want to thread it but should be tight enough)
2. Sometimes the pin in the bottom of the base gets stuck so from below push it up a bit (assuming it's a Smok tank here) when you screw the coil in will ensure good connection again
3. Make sure your tank is screwed into the mod ok most regulated mods have spring loaded pins in the 510 connector so tank should sit flush on the mod (in most cases)
4. Check the bottom of the premade coil there will be a black bung there will be wires either side of it (negative and positive) these can get dislodged causing a short especially as QC is an optional extra with Smok coils I always have to sort this bung out
5. Cotton is really packed into premade coils so when priming it or pinning the cotton as I do you move the coil slightly (this is just a marginal thing though)

Last edited:

HellbillyRJ

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
As long as I'm +/- .03 I consider it pretty accurate. I also have 2 ohms readers though if it's off too far. But a 0.01 difference is considered a really accurate reading in my book.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors