Become a Patron!

Smok alien reading "ohm too low" even with no tank on it.

Grimmhawk

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'd just changed the wick in my RDTA and put it on my alien and it all off a sudden read "ohm too low" for no reason. Since I'm tired I decided to mess with it tomorrow and put my big baby beast on it and it read the same thing. I can't even get it to read the "no coil" when no tank is on it ,all I get is the "ohm to low". Any ideas on what it could be or a fix?

Any help would be appreciated.

Grimmhawk

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Not that I know of. I'd been using the RDTA since I got off work and the big baby at work and it was fine til about 30 minutes ago.

MWorthington

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Well, that about does it for me. I've never encountered anything like that before. I truly am sorry I can't help.

I've been reading about several people having problems with their Aliens lately. I hope somebody else that knows more about your mod will come in before long.

Good luck,

Michael

Grimmhawk

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Well, that about does it for me. I've never encountered anything like that before. I truly am sorry I can't help.

I've been reading about several people having problems with their Aliens lately. I hope somebody else that knows more about your mod will come in before long.

Good luck,

Michael
Thank you.

I'm hoping it's something there's a fix for ,so I won't have to buy another mod. I like the alien and never had a problem til now.

MWorthington

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Yeah, I really like the looks of the Alien, and it's reasonably priced. I intended to buy one until I started reading about them dying out of the blue, screens stopping for no apparent reason, and other things.

I decided to get a Hohmwrecker G2 for now, and maybe get an Alien later on if I find one on sale cheap enough that it won't kill me if it dies.

This doesn't help you I know, and I'm probably not making you feel any better and for that I apologize.

Maybe somebody can helpl you. There are a bunch of Alien owners here somwhere.

Michael

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Can't you use a meter and check the 510 by holding one prob on the outside threads and the other on the 510 post ???

Sent from my LG-V930 using Tapatalk

Vapin4Joy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Try another set of fully charged batteries if you have a set, perhaps the ones installed do not have enough amps, are bad, so warning msg.

Grimmhawk

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Try another set of fully charged batteries if you have a set, perhaps the ones installed do not have enough amps, are bad, so warning msg.
I tried 3 different sets of batteries ,also turned it on and off multiple times. It still reads "ohm to low" even without a tank on it when I hit the fire button instead of the "no coil" message. It's like it's reading a coil on it that's has it's ohms to low even though there isn't a tank or RDA on it.

Angrygod50

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Did you try re-flashing the firmware in case it's a glitch.

Angrygod50

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I don't have the Alien but maybe someone will come along to help you out. You can get what you need from Smok's web site and they probably have instructions also. Probably under support - downloads.

VapeNMirrors

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
As others have mentioned, sounds like your 510 has an internal short. Short of taking it apart, take a q-tip and try working the pin up/down a bunch of times. See if it's springy and returning fully, it might be stuck at the bottom shorting.

Grimmhawk

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
As others have mentioned, sounds like your 510 has an internal short. Short of taking it apart, take a q-tip and try working the pin up/down a bunch of times. See if it's springy and returning fully, it might be stuck at the bottom shorting.
I've been working the pin up and down thinking it got stuck with no luck so far.I don't have the tools to take it apart and no shops near by will work on mods.

xpen

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Something similar happened to one of my mods some time ago: it was a tiny metal shard from an atomizer, which got under the positive pin and was shorting it out to the negative threads.
Try passing something sharp (bent needle, whatever) under the positive pin, all around its base, and see if anything metallic comes into view.
Other than that I'm afraid it's an internal short of the 510 connector, nothing you can solve without opening the mod unfortunately.

Grimmhawk

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Something similar happened to one of my mods some time ago: it was a tiny metal shard from an atomizer, which got under the positive pin and was shorting it out to the negative threads.
Try passing something sharp (bent needle, whatever) under the positive pin, all around its base, and see if anything metallic comes into view.
Other than that I'm afraid it's an internal short of the 510 connector, nothing you can solve without opening the mod unfortunately.
Thank you for the help.

Looks like I'll have to try taking it apart to see if I can fix it once I get some tools to do it ,since none of the shops around here work on mods.

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well now you know why good DMM is the FIRST and only Tool Required for safe vaping. Mechanical or regulated. ....

Look for a stray bit of coil wire stuck in the 510.

Might have to open mod.. look for signs of excess heat and shorting.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Grimmhawk

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thank you all for the help.

I ordered a new mod ,since I needed a better backup anyway and will be getting the tools needed to work on this one.

At least I know what the problem is and what to look for now.

Thank you all again.

I have the exact same problem as Grimmhawk. I get "ohm too low" in my smok alien with or without a tank. I've tried different tanks and sets of batteries, but I still get the same error.

I have pretty much disassembled and reassembled it, but it didn't work. And everything seems ok internally. Any tips? I'm thinking about removing the positive and negative terminals of the 510 connector and resoldering them.

Sorry for any mistakes. English is not my first language.

VU Sponsors