Become a Patron!

Smok Alien or Hohm Slice?

Lazy

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I love my wrecker G2 but its size & form factor doesn't really make it a practical carry around mod.

Smok alien can be had for $50 including one pair of batteries. Slice is $60 plus $10 for one battery.

$65 for the smok alien with 2 pairs of batteries, including shipping. Or $85+ for the slice, 2 sets of batteries plus shipping. Which one would you buy?

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
both are good mods. depends on what you need it for. can't go wrong with either. The alien will be a little cheaper since it comes with a set of batteries and you can use the same batteries as the G2 and same charger for them. for the slice you need to buy different batteries. Can't really go wrong with either IMO

Lazy

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I thought 26650's can be charged in a nitecore i2 or d4? If that's not the case I might have to go with the alien cause I'm gonna have to buy another charger if I get the slice.

I have extra pairs of 18650's so $55 shipped for the alien sounds like a way better deal than close to $100 shipped for the slice plus essential items.

I love the FSK & the way it does TC tho. Game changing IMO. That's the only reason I'm even considering the slice over the alien. I would get the slice without a second thought over the alien if I were rich rollin lol

CashNVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I own the g2 and slice I prefer to edc the wrecker g2 over the slice because of how much weight is added by a single 26650. I own two hohm tech branded 26650 batteries there nice very nice and work very well. I don't own the alien yet but plan on ordering one as soon as the price goes on sale like it did a few weeks ago, right now the cheapest I can find the smok alien w/o kit or batteries is $55 +/-. I'd say get the alien because it has more things then the slice and if you like more things then you'll like the alien. If you like the way the g2 works then get the slice and some hohmtech 26650s. I also use d4 and d2 charger from nitecore. Btw since I build custom flashlights I have 18650 to 26650 sleeves and one work perfectly in the slice so sometimes to save weight I'll throw a Samsung 30q in the slice with the sleeve and it lasts a good half day of chain vaping.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I thought 26650's can be charged in a nitecore i2 or d4? If that's not the case I might have to go with the alien cause I'm gonna have to buy another charger if I get the slice.

I have extra pairs of 18650's so $55 shipped for the alien sounds like a way better deal than close to $100 shipped for the slice plus essential items.

I love the FSK & the way it does TC tho. Game changing IMO. That's the only reason I'm even considering the slice over the alien. I would get the slice without a second thought over the alien if I were rich rollin lol
They can, just wasn't sure what charger you had.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I own the g2 and slice I prefer to edc the wrecker g2 over the slice because of how much weight is added by a single 26650. I own two hohm tech branded 26650 batteries there nice very nice and work very well. I don't own the alien yet but plan on ordering one as soon as the price goes on sale like it did a few weeks ago, right now the cheapest I can find the smok alien w/o kit or batteries is $55 +/-. I'd say get the alien because it has more things then the slice and if you like more things then you'll like the alien. If you like the way the g2 works then get the slice and some hohmtech 26650s. I also use d4 and d2 charger from nitecore. Btw since I build custom flashlights I have 18650 to 26650 sleeves and one work perfectly in the slice so sometimes to save weight I'll throw a Samsung 30q in the slice with the sleeve and it lasts a good half day of chain vaping.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
the alien in blue right now is 50 bucks on ecig.com and comes with a pair of LG batteries

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I'll preface this by saying I don't own an Alien yet but I intend to in the near future. That being said I guess it depends on your expectations. My Slice is easily my most used mod. I find it extremely pocketable and if I leave the house with a spare 26650 I'm good for the whole day. It's my little workhorse of a mod and I love it. From what I hear the battery life on the Alien is awesome. My expectation when buying a chinese mod is I know I'm getting the luck of the draw. I know should something go wrong the customer service is pretty non existent. In fact I believe I just saw a thread on the X Cube Ultra where the guy has a mod that's auto firing and Smok has yet to answer him after several attempts. Like EJ always says, you get what you pay for. So when I buy an Alien I go into it knowing that should something go wrong I'm on my own. When I buy an HT mod I know HT has my 6. Yes, the Slice has no where near the build quality that you get on a G2. HT has told me that they are on the 3rd + run on the Slice and they said they have fixed the battery door, the firing button and they have improved the paint. Again, I agree with Rich when he says you can't go wrong with either. I think it just depends on what your expectations are.

Oh yeah, according to Mooch the best 26650 battery right now is the Ijoy one that comes with the Lux. He says it acts very similar to an 18650.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk

Rhyno636

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Get the Alien. The slice is alright. I like how the chip performs, but it doesn't beat the Alien for me. Wait until Hohm puts the chip in something that isn't either a ridiculous looking box or a ridiculously heavy single 26650 vaporiser.

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have 5 G2s and 2 Aliens.
Don't have the Slice so can't say anything on that one.
As you stated the size and form factor of the G2 does hold me back fro musing it as much as I would if it was more Alien or IPV6X size/shape.
Knowing what I know about both of them and having them both, I'd get another Alien for 2 reasons.
1. I already have all five color options the G2 has to offer.
2. I only have 2 Aliens, the red and the blue so I still need the rest of them.
It's actually due to size/shape.

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just got the Alien yesterday. Solid small mod and a lot to like. The SS TC mode seems off, I have tried 2 tanks so far and have to run temp at about 330 to avoid dry hits. I do have the latest update, maybe I am doing something wrong but I dont think so.

Aside from that there is a little clickiness to the botton of the firing bar, doesn't bother me but might some. It is a pretty solid mod though, really like the build quality on it.

Vape wise compared to the Slice it doesn't match up in TC so far. Build quality I wish I could swap boards, that would be a god send.

If your looking to match the vape quality of the G2 then get the Slice, the Alien wont be it. I generally use most of my non Hohm mods in power mode anyway so the Alien is a cool piece of kit for me. I would not trade my Slice for an Alien though.....NO NO NO

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

CashNVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just got the Alien yesterday. Solid small mod and a lot to like. The SS TC mode seems off, I have tried 2 tanks so far and have to run temp at about 330 to avoid dry hits. I do have the latest update, maybe I am doing something wrong but I dont think so.

Aside from that there is a little clickiness to the botton of the firing bar, doesn't bother me but might some. It is a pretty solid mod though, really like the build quality on it.

Vape wise compared to the Slice it doesn't match up in TC so far. Build quality I wish I could swap boards, that would be a god send.

If your looking to match the vape quality of the G2 then get the Slice, the Alien wont be it. I generally use most of my non Hohm mods in power mode anyway so the Alien is a cool piece of kit for me. I would not trade my Slice for an Alien though.....NO NO NO

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk
Take the alien apart and add some foam from say a gobox like gator box or a gun case that foam shit that is spongy and cut and stuff it in the switch 5o get rid of that rattle. I know when buying a alien mod that it's going to have some issues and I already put it on paper what I expect to be a piece of shit and what to repair or modify.

Sent from a phone

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Take the alien apart and add some foam from say a gobox like gator box or a gun case that foam shit that is spongy and cut and stuff it in the switch 5o get rid of that rattle. I know when buying a alien mod that it's going to have some issues and I already put it on paper what I expect to be a piece of shit and what to repair or modify.

Sent from a phone
To be honest it really doesn't bother me, I know it would bother other people though so that is why I mentioned it. I appreciate the tips though, sure it would help other's

Sent from my SM-T900 using Tapatalk

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
To be honest it really doesn't bother me, I know it would bother other people though so that is why I mentioned it. I appreciate the tips though, sure it would help other's

I never understood why all the reviewers shake their mods and go look button rattle. Wtf, who goes around shaking their mod like a fucking maraca? In all the time I've been vaping I have never ever felt the urge to shake the shit out of my mod. Smfh.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I never understood why all the reviewers shake their mods and go look button rattle. Wtf, who goes around shaking their mod like a fucking maraca? In all the time I've been vaping I have never ever felt the urge to shake the shit out of my mod. Smfh.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk
It actually doesn't make a sound when you shake it but I agree, I don't use my mods for maracas either....lol. it is just if you tap on the bottom of the fire button there is some play and it clicks, not a big deal but some get pissed with shit like that.

Odd that I was getting a lot better TC out of the Alien tonight with the Boreas that the Cerakoat and Mage I tried earlier. I did have to seat my Boreas 2 times though, the first time it didn't read the ohms right, the second time it got it right. Not sure but I may have a bad 510 connection, would explain why the first 2 tanks worked great with my Hohm mods and not the Alien in TC mode. Going to mess with it more this weekend and if I still have troubles I am going to contact the seller to get a replacement.

VU Sponsors