Become a Patron!

Smok Alien 220W - Lock feature Id like to see

Recently purchased a Smok Alien 220, and loving it! Although...

Locking the Smok alien 220 via the up/down it locks the UP/DOWN and FIRE button, I did not
know it locked this way until after I purchased it. I am unaware of any other method of locking/unlocking
the device to change the outcome.

I do wish it was more like other devices ( hcigar vt75 ) for example, where you lock the device
via up/down for a few seconds and it only locks the up/down not the fire button.

I am considering purchasing a Smok AL-85 for my Mrs although Im either going to wait until such
time that this function is changed by Smok, or until someone comes up with a custom firmware that
will allow you to change it.

Anyone else have any thoughts on the subject?

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer

Locking the Smok alien 220 via the up/down it locks the UP/DOWN and FIRE button, I did not
know it locked this way until after I purchased it. I am unaware of any other method of locking/unlocking

I do wish it was more like other devices ( hcigar vt75 ) for example, where you lock the device
via up/down for a few seconds and it only locks the up/down not the fire button.

I am considering purchasing a Smok AL-85 for my Mrs although Im either going to wait until such
time that this function is changed by Smok, or until someone comes up with a custom firmware that

5 clocks of the fire button locks the device as well

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
yes, up/down will lock and unlock and 5 clicks will lock and unlock as well, but in both mode's of lock , the fire button is still non-functional while locked
thats kinda the point. unless u mean you want to lock the up and down button but not the fire bar. I don't think any smok device does that. Some chips to though

celticluvr

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
thats kinda the point. unless u mean you want to lock the up and down button but not the fire bar. I don't think any smok device does that. Some chips to though
I kind of wish they would though.... I don't know how many times I've accidentally changed the watts by hitting the up or down buttons, LOL! But the issue is so minor though.

Hi,
I've just got one of these and it is really annoying but I've found a workaround for this problem.
If you always crank at the same wattage (like I do) and have no reason to change it, there's a nice way around the problem.
You have the option to change ALL of the memory settings to the same wattage so no matter how many times you press the up and down buttons while unlocked, all it does it change the memory setting and not the wattage.
So to change the memory settings, click the fire button 3 times in quick succession, go to mode, scroll to memory, change the strength (soft, medium, hard), and then there's 22 memory settings. You can change ALL of these to the same wattage.
Now when you're on your normal screen, in the bottom left it should say MODE and then M1, M2, M3 etc... and you'll notice that when you press +/- while unlocked, all it does is change the memory setting and not the wattage, and because all your memory settings are the same, it won't change the wattage.
If you want different wattages, and want to change on command, then I guess you're S#!t out of luck though.
Hope this helps.

Hi,
I've just got one of these and it is really annoying but I've found a workaround for this problem.
If you always crank at the same wattage (like I do) and have no reason to change it, there's a nice way around the problem.
You have the option to change ALL of the memory settings to the same wattage so no matter how many times you press the up and down buttons while unlocked, all it does it change the memory setting and not the wattage.
So to change the memory settings, click the fire button 3 times in quick succession, go to mode, scroll to memory, change the strength (soft, medium, hard), and then there's 22 memory settings. You can change ALL of these to the same wattage.
Now when you're on your normal screen, in the bottom left it should say MODE and then M1, M2, M3 etc... and you'll notice that when you press +/- while unlocked, all it does is change the memory setting and not the wattage, and because all your memory settings are the same, it won't change the wattage.
If you want different wattages, and want to change on command, then I guess you're S#!t out of luck though.
Hope this helps.
This solution works perfectly. Thanks!!!

Chemdawg

Member For 4 Years
Hi,
Hope this helps.

I hated the smok lock before using this!! Great solution!!Thanks for posting!

VU Sponsors