Become a Patron!

Smok al85 vs Vaporesso Tarot nano

I want to buy one of those two (al85 or Tarot nano) but I can’t decide which one, please can someone tell me good and bad things about each one? Thanks

eStorm

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reddit Exile
I want to buy one of those two (al85 or Tarot nano) but I can’t decide which one, please can someone tell me good and bad things about each one? Thanks
I do not have the tarot nano but the al85, and here's what I say, don't bother just with all smok devices you're better off going with a different brand.

i purchased 3 al85, one for my husband, a friend of ours and one for myself as we wanted to switch from cigarettes to vaping. Within the first hour, my friends al85 shut off and wouldn't turn back on, so we went and got it exchanged. My husbands al85's screen was flickering, and after that had an issue with its 510, we send it to warranty and waiting ever since for them to either repair or ship a new one, that was September last year. The mod itself was 1 month old to that time.

My friends second mod we got as exchange, wouldn't read the battery or tank correctly, constantly throwing out errors even tho none applied. My mod broke after 2 month, I switched the battery and it wouldn't turn back on, tried different ones all fully charged with the same result, prior to that, the mod randomly kept switching between hard and soft pulls, that normally can only be adjusted via menu.

I didn't bother sending it in even tho warranty probably still applies and got all 3 of us better mods and never look back. The same goes for their tanks, stay away from smok all together and you'll have the best vaping life possible :)

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
If your willing to get and external battery mod such as AL85, take a look at Pico 21700 kit with battery, and I hear the coils for it's Ello tank are good.

PROD1GY

Member For 1 Year
I have the Tarot Nano and I love it so far

-The size is small and easy to carry
-The Veco tank is great and so are the coils
-Easy to fill/Easy to unscrew
-Charging is easy
-Updatable firmware and many options

-The one downside is battery life. I usually can’t get a full day without a charge.

Other than that I totally recommend it. I will probably but another Vaporesso mod soon, but a bigger one.

vape-noob

Member For 1 Year
I have had the Vaporesso Nano for a few months; I don't recommend it, except as a vape on the go. My charger takes a long time -- maybe due to its being low power. Then too, the Nano resistance fluctuates wildly even using its own Veco tank. And the battery life is poor. Maybe 200 puffs at the most. I run at 50 watts, but probably should go lower. I'm looking next for long battery life over small form factor. YouTube reviewers praised the Nano, but they have 10 or 20 free mods to play with and most people don't. It does look cute charging though.

vape-noob

Member For 1 Year
I must correct my comments on the Tarot Nano. Apparently, I have been going too easy on the battery, not running it down enough. Now I get 400 puffs per charge. I don't why I got a low battery error once at 272 puffs. (And with a low battery warning, it stops vaping.) So 400 or more puffs is pretty darn good for so small a mod with a built-in battery.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Ive been loving my Vaptio WallCrawler w/Frog man tank. It fires hard and super fast. The frog tank uses baby beast compatible coils.

SpectoVia

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU SWAT
Here’s a curve ball.....

Get the Smok al85 mod and get a Veco 4 ml atty.

You get the benefit of being able to change batteries on the go with the al85 and the ease of coil switching on the Veco tank. I’m a big fan of the EUC coils the Veco tank uses. With a sleeve adapter, you can also use them in Aspire/Atlantis type tanks. With a good, clean liquid, (V3 forever!) you can get through 50-60 mls of liquid per coil; sometimes more.

I have a Nano mod. As others stated, it’s more for a “out running errands” kind of mod. I currently have it in my recliner vaping rotation. I would highly recommend the Nano to light vapers (tootle puffers?) or peeps that vape down in the 15-25 watt range.

9D8F7892-FB91-4004-807A-67C8BDBB92A4.jpeg

Last edited:

VU Sponsors