Become a Patron!

SMOK AL85 - Help

My wife and I both purchased SMOK AL85 on Friday 02/24 with the TFV8 baby beast. Hers has been great. Mine on the other hand has been issue after issue.i was burning a coil a day with the same settings and same juice as she was using. Finally traded for an Aspire Clieto and was good for almost 48 hours with no dry hits and no burning. Started to get the burning flavor so I thought.... Change the coil.... Now Ive got no flavor and very little cloud.

I put her TFV8 on my mod.... Same thing. Her OHMS run much higher. I did try adjusting before I read not too. Now I am wondering if there is a way to reset to factory default? If no what should the OHM be set to?

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I don't know anything about the mod or atty, but welcome aboard.......:vino:

Angrygod50

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
The ohms on the mod should be whats printed on the coil (within 0.03) your using. If hers works and yours doesn't then it's defective return it. The same tank should read the same on both mods. You could try adjusting the resistance on your mod to the correct value and see if it works.

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
All else being equal (juice flavor, pg/vg ratio etc) if multiple coils are having the same issue where they're burning (likely something is causing them to run too hot) I'd look at the mod itself. Make sure it's in the proper mode, if hers is set to power/wattage make sure yours is also. Make sure it's not set to something else like tc or a wrong preset, see if it's different in terms of power levels.

I could be wrong but I think it's similar to the regular alien, there's soft, normal and hard for the 'strength' settings (indicated by "S", "N" or "H" next to the wattage display). As others mentioned, check to see if resistance is the same as her mod when using the same type coil.

Firing the mod without an atomizer on it should reset it, then when you screw a new atty on and click the fire button the display should ask 'new coil, y/n?' and click the button that corresponds with 'y' for new coil so it sets the mod for the coil you're using (and not trying to fire the coil with data from a different one). It doesn't give a lot of time to respond so if you miss when it asks, unscrew the atty, click the fire button to get the 'no atomizer' msg, then screw it back on and click the fire button once.

If there's still issues it could be a faulty mod. Hope it helps.

RubenAlonzo

Member For 4 Years
Pressing the firebar with no atty on the mod should reset the ohm reading to 0.

Try what gakudzu recommended about firing the mod without a tank on it. Did you get an error message such as "Don't Abuse Protects" when you switched tanks (if you did, the tank wont fire anything until that error is cleared)?

If you did get that message, just remove the tank and dry fire the mod (it should display "No Coil Installed), then replace the tank you want to use and you should get a message about new/old coils. It happened to me last night. My AL85 has been a champ since I got it a week ago, I hope you resolve your issue.

VU Sponsors