Become a Patron!

Smoant Cylon gripe

Chum

Member For 5 Years
First I must say the mod works great and looks good. The finish is superb! My gripe is the info on the display. When you are puffing, it has a puff timer and voltage reading that immediately go back to 0(zero) as soon as you release the fire button! Tell me what good that is...will ya? Also wish it had a puff counter. Maybe they can put out firmware to fix this.

Last edited:

Droogbc

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Good to know. Heard a lot of good, but appreciate hearing the negatives too, and that would annoy me a bit as well.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
First I must say the mod works great and looks good. The finish is superb! My gripe is the info on the display. When you are puffing, it has a puff timer and voltage reading that disappears as soon as you release the fire button! Tell me what good that is...will ya? Also wish it had a puff counter. Maybe they can put out firmware to fix this.
Mine doesn't....assume you have a setting turned off.

zeeter

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I ordered this the other day and am waiting for it to arrive on Monday. The stores around here only sell the all black ones and I wanted the black with the brown grip. Will be using a FreeeMax Mesh Pro tank with a triple mesh coil.

I wanted this one because the Charon is my favorite mod at the moment. I like how you get a full vape right up until the battery runs out. Other mods will weaken the hit as the battery dies. Does the Cylon work like the Charon in this regard?

Grandpa

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I ordered this the other day and am waiting for it to arrive on Monday. The stores around here only sell the all black ones and I wanted the black with the brown grip. Will be using a FreeeMax Mesh Pro tank with a triple mesh coil.

I wanted this one because the Charon is my favorite mod at the moment. I like how you get a full vape right up until the battery runs out. Other mods will weaken the hit as the battery dies. Does the Cylon work like the Charon in this regard?
Ditto on the Charon TC 218- I have 2 of them. They are hard, pipe hitting mother******s, and they hang in there until the bitter end. They are my favorite mods. Next new mod will be the gunmetal Cylon like you have on order. One of these days I'll get around to it.

Chum

Member For 5 Years
sorry to resurrect, but does anyone know the setting which allows you to see the readings after you release the fire button? What good is the voltage reading if you can never see it?

zeeter

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
sorry to resurrect, but does anyone know the setting which allows you to see the readings after you release the fire button? What good is the voltage reading if you can never see it?

As mine broke a month after getting it and Smoant wouldn't honor their device I can't help you.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have two, but quite honestly never heard of that setting before this thread.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Usually with most MOD's it is the Display Timer. There is a way to set how long the display stays on after you release the fire button most are set by default to minimum or none to give better battery life. Good Luck

Chum

Member For 5 Years
Usually with most MOD's it is the Display Timer. There is a way to set how long the display stays on after you release the fire button most are set by default to minimum or none to give better battery life. Good Luck
It has a display timer which is for the entire display. The items in questions are actual "readings" on the display. It is the readings that go back to 0(zero) immediately. What good is a puff timer that you would have to have someone else read for you while you are taking the puff? To see the voltage reading you have to hold the fire button for a second while looking at the mod. The software should "hold" the last readings. Someone goofed when they designed the software for this mod. Smoant will not fix it with an update.
Note: If you use display setting 2 it is speedometer type display, so you can "kind of see" how long the puff was because you can see it going back to 0 in analog style. This is the puff timer only, voltage reading is still digital within this display and it is the same as display number one. The mod has been fine for me otherwise, but why put features on it that can't be used properly?

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well Smok mods do keep the time of the last puff on the screen. No voltage or amperage yet, but they do keep the time of the last puff. That must count for sumthin :rolleyes:

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ok, I just threw some batteries in one of my Cylons and couldn't figure out what you were talking about for a minute. I have no recollection of the wattage or temp being replaced by the puff time while it's firing. I believe I just saw that for the first time and I have had these mods for over a year.

Which of course makes your point.

VU Sponsors