Become a Patron!

Smoant Campbel 80W Kit

timwis

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi Vaping Underground members, In this review i take a look at the Campbel 80W Kit from Smoant. The Campbel 80W Kit was supplied for the purpose of this review by Kristy from Smoant.

http://smoant.com/campbel-kit-innovative...index.html

Introduction

And now for something completely different, innovation and some with the Campbel Kit from Smoant. The Campbel kit combines e-liquid and whatever drink you fancy to fuse the flavours and allows you to vape your experimental concoction. Let's face it this is a device for adults to have some fun with their vaping and not a serious vaping device that anyone is going to use on a daily basis. I can only believe due to the fact Smoant are not a manufacturer that floods the market with products but instead gives us 2 or 3 quality products every six months or so means the creative people at Smoant have had some spare time on their hands and boredom crept in and came up with this!

In the Box

Contents:

1 x Campbel 80W Mod
1 x Campbel Tank
1 x Micro USB cable
2 x Campbel coil Ni80
2 x Replacement glass tube
1 x Certificated card
1 x Warranty card
1 x User manual
1 x Spare parts pack
1 x Battery warning card

Aesthetics

The Campbel Kit is definitely a fun gimmick but i stress for adults, this has not been marketed towards kids at all and you only need to look at the very mature packaging the Campbel Kit comes in. Of course just because you use drinks as well as e-liquids some will still throw that accusation but all i can say is i'm 46 and my wife's 47 and we found trying this out fun, adults are allowed to have fun too. The device it'self despite using a single 18650 battery is wider than an average dual battery device but shorter, it has very curved sides and is very nice to hold and fire. The device looks really nice in all three colours, i received the Sapphire Blue, it's also available in Black and Champagne Gold, the outer tubing of the atty and filter sections match the colour of choice. On one side of the device we have a round fire button which is housed within a tinted glass section that sweeps part way around both front and back, on the same side as the fire button we have the micro USB port towards the bottom. Towards the bottom of the device we have three grooves that encircle the entire device, above these grooves on the front we have "SMOANT" printed and on the back "CAMPBEL". The top of the device has a small 510 plate with spring loaded, Gold plated 510. The mod is made well and the glossy finish is very nice but when handling it does have a toy like tacky feel to it.

Comparison with Eleaf Pico Squeeze 2

Campbel Kit Specs and Features:

Smoant Campbel MOD
Size: 55 x 30 x 77mm
Output Wattage: 80W Max
Voltage: 3.2-4.2V
Output modes: Direct Output
Battery: 1 x 18650 battery(not included)
Stable Charging: 5V/1A
Resistance Range: 0.08ohm-3ohm
Thread: 510 thread

Filter
Size: 23.5 x 111mm
Drip Tip Size: 16 x 9mm
Capacity: 3ml
Material: Aluminium Alloy/Resin/Quartz Glass/SS

Tank
Size: 19 x 30.4mm
Capacity: 2ml
Coil: Ni80 0.2ohm (30-60W)
Material: SS/Quartz Glass/100% Japanese Organic Cotton

Soft drink filter system for mixed flavor
Compact size for easy grip
0.2ohm Ni80 coil for huge cloud production
Multiple automatic protections
Top refill and adjustable bottom airflow design
Colours: Black, Champagne Gold, Sapphire Blue

Fitting Your Battery

The battery hatch door when opened has a lot of play and orientation is faintly marked but once you fit your battery and close the hatch it is very secure and absolutely no battery rattle.

Operating The Campbel Mod

I have seen the device listed on vendors sites as a variable voltage device and also the impression given wattage can be adjusted from 1w to 80w, completely incorrect. The Campbel is a direct output device but with the chip only allowing a max wattage of 80, all you can do is press the fire button and vape, that's it. It is the usual 5 clicks of the fire button to turn the device on and off and once on 6 Green indicator lights (3 each side) flash 3 times, they also flash when the device is turned off. The indicator lights are positioned underneath the tinted glass panel already mentioned and are also the battery status indication. when the battery is between 3.9 and 4.2v you get 3 lights when vaping, between 3.6 and 3.9v you get 2 lights and when the battery is between 3.2 and 3.6v you get 1 light, when vaping the fire button also has a translucent ring that lights up. The lights also flash various amount of times when a safety protection kicks in, the protections are, Reverse polarity protection, Over heating protection, Low voltage protection, Over current protection, Over vape protection, Over charge protection and Short circuit protection.

Review Continued Below:

timwis

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Review Continued:

The Atomizer and Filter Section

The top section that screws on to the device is the tank section which holds 2ml of e-liquid and uses a Ni80 0.2ohm coil followed by the very tall filter section that holds 3ml of drink. The two sections are screwed together to become one ridiculously tall tubular sky-rise. Taking this out and about is just not practical and even if it was it really does look ridiculous. I did say the device had a tacky feel to it, the tank and filter section when all put together have a much more solid high quality feel.

To describe it the best i can because i really can't work out exactly how it's all working is to take it apart and describe the process of putting it all together. We have the atomizer base which has 4 airflow slots at the bottom, the coil gets screwed into this base. Then you place the atomizer glass section on which is secured in position with an o-ring, at this point making sure you don't squirt your e-liquid down the centre of the coil you can fill your glass section with e-liquid. Next you put the top of the atomizer section on which gets screwed to the top of the coil and has an o-ring to seal against the glass, the centre of this top-cap has a hole in it to allow the vapor to travel up into the filter section. Now the tank section is together we can place the metal casing over it, the casing has 4 holes at the bottom (they look 2.5mm in diameter) which you line up with the airflow slots of the base section. We now screw the top filter glass section onto the tank section this is where all the witchcraft works, in the top of this section is a metallic section that has 6 holes evenly separated (the final vapor mix comes out these holes into the drip tip section), you put your drink down between the metallic section and the glass your drink quickly finds it's way to the bottom of the filter section, make sure you don't fill over the max line which is about 25% of the way up the glass. You now put the metal casing of the filter section over the glass tube which screws onto the bottom casing, all that's left is the drip tip section which is finished off with an Ultem drip tip. Looking inside this top section you can see 2 ports and when turning the drip tip you can open and shut these ports, the top section screws onto the metal tube casing and also has an o-ring that seals it against the glass tube, finally both sections have viewing windows both front and back so you can clearly see the level of both liquids.

How Does it Work

I can only guess how it works from my experience using the Campbell, the first thing i noticed in fact there is no way you can't notice is when you press the fire button there is a loud gurgling, luckily this is obviously supposed to be happening (part of the Hocus Pocus) and you don't get liquid in your mouth. It seems the vapor produced by the e-liquid section goes into the filter and the filter section works like a water-pipe and draws the flavour out of your drink and fuses it with your vapor. The final fused vapor goes into the top-cap and out the ports in your drip tip.

How it Vapes

I was gobsmacked it works and gives an impressive amount of vaper, the final flavour is dominated by the flavour of your e-liquid but the flavour of your drink to start with is very evident sitting in the background. When i say it is very evident to start with is because the more i vaped the weaker the flavour from the drink got which is why i think it's drawing the flavour out of the drink so weakening the flavour of the remaining drink. To back this theory up the level of your drink barely goes down, in contrast the Campbel ploughs through your e-liquid. I have had the Campbel 3 weeks and me and the wife have had a play with it 4 times and came to the conclusion due to the flavour of your drink weakening it was best putting fresh drink in every time we needed to fill with e-liquid even though there was plenty of drink left, we tipped it away and refilled this way the flavour of your drink was always very evident.

How Good Is The Flavour

The main fact is what it claims to do it does and the flavour from the atomizer is very good so how nice your finished fused vaper is will depend on you and your imagination when it comes to coming up with ideas of what drinks will work sitting in the background with which e-liquids. Wild Turkey with Tobacco was lush but taste is subjective.

Final Thoughts

If you are looking for a serious vaping device stay clear this isn't what you are looking for but if you have spare cash floating around and want some vaping fun why not, at Christmas i have finally found a use for the Eggnog.

Innovation
Device looks nice (all three colours)
It does what it claims
Loads of fun
Allows imaginative combinations
Device looks very nice
Good flavour from supplied coils
Battery life allows for plenty of fun before the battery becomes a kill joy.
All the safety features you would expect
Battery status indication

Dislikes

Device is well made but has a bit of a toy-like feel to it
Tank and Filter section does look ridiculous on top of the device (but just adds to the fun)
Not portable at all
Can't be used as main device just not practical
Flavour of drink weakens so need using fresh before most of it is used
E-liquid needs filling often
Needs taking apart to refill

I would once again like to thank Kristy for supplying the Campbel Kit for the purpose of this review.

http://smoant.com/campbel-kit-innovative...index.html

VU Sponsors