Become a Patron!
Dear fellow vaper, i know that probably there are a lot of thread discussing about those product mentioned.
But i have been wander around and hasn't really have a verdict yet. So here it is.

I am using finder 133 ATM. And have been very please by it with no issue at all (probably some small issue that wasn't worth mentioning anyway). Been thinking on getting my hand on some new MOD and come to this three option. I know that G-Priv is probably can't be compare to ALIEN and BATTLESTAR because of different price range and features (touch screen whatsoever).

G-Priv actually come as my first option since it looks awesome with its touch screen features and i love the firing button. But i have been checking for its review and a few people mentioning that it has problem with the firmware (some firing thing, sudden shutdown, lock screen), short 510 pin and be sure to not have a leaking tank/rda otherwise if could easily destroy the screen.

Which make me think to the other two option which are the SMOANT BATTLESTAR and SMOK ALIEN. I have been hearing good things from both of those mod as well as the bad one.
- In term of chip, most of them are saying ALIEN has it.
- Ease of use, BATTLESTAR has it.
- SMOANT BATTLESTAR's software is not upgradeable. But some of them are saying you do not need to anyway because it is good already.
- ALIEN's paint will be peeling off after couple month of use.

I know that some of you might think that i am degrading from FINDER 133. I will still use my FINDER frequently. Just need some new MOD to toy with.

For those who has knowledge or information regarding any of the mod mentioned, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My G-Priv works fine and I have no complaints.
It is the heaviest of the three.
All 6 of my Aliens work great and NO paint issues.
I have 3 battlestars on the way but not one in hand to compare.
Maybe @SirRichardRear would like to comment on that one.

Based on what I currently have/know;
I'd choose the Alien because of size, weight, ease of use, style.

Since you're currently on a Finder, you could take a look at the HohmTech HohmWrecher G2

Could also look into the H-Priv.

All SOLID choices.
(The Ijoy RDTA Box and Ijoy LUX are in the pics for a comparison for someone else on size)

20170102_020828.jpg 20170102_020811.jpg 20170102_020316.jpg 20161208_195848.jpg

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Dear fellow vaper, i know that probably there are a lot of thread discussing about those product mentioned.
But i have been wander around and hasn't really have a verdict yet. So here it is.

I am using finder 133 ATM. And have been very please by it with no issue at all (probably some small issue that wasn't worth mentioning anyway). Been thinking on getting my hand on some new MOD and come to this three option. I know that G-Priv is probably can't be compare to ALIEN and BATTLESTAR because of different price range and features (touch screen whatsoever).

G-Priv actually come as my first option since it looks awesome with its touch screen features and i love the firing button. But i have been checking for its review and a few people mentioning that it has problem with the firmware (some firing thing, sudden shutdown, lock screen), short 510 pin and be sure to not have a leaking tank/rda otherwise if could easily destroy the screen.

Which make me think to the other two option which are the SMOANT BATTLESTAR and SMOK ALIEN. I have been hearing good things from both of those mod as well as the bad one.
- SMOANT BATTLESTAR's software is not upgradeable. But some of them are saying you do not need to anyway because it is good already.

I know that some of you might think that i am degrading from FINDER 133. I will still use my FINDER frequently. Just need some new MOD to toy with.

For those who has knowledge or information regarding any of the mod mentioned, please do not hesitate to let me know.
Hard choice. I don't have a G-Priv yet but it should be coming in this week. Love my alien too. No issues with the paint yet. Battlestar is really nice. Paint is solid build quality is sturdy. Feels like you can throw it across a room and be fine. Paint doesn't scratch off even if u try with your fingernail. Battlestar has the least features but works great is simple and built like a tank. Alien is a little more flimsy but still built nice and live the firing bar. Both mods look good and have a nice size. Can't go wrong with either. All 3 are good choices

I don't think it's a move backwards. I have a finder 167 triad 250 vt133 5 fsk mods and I still use my alien Battlestar and others regularly. It's a nice beater mod.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
@Paratech your Battlestar still hasn't been delivered?

Since you're currently on a Finder, you could take a look at the HohmTech HohmWrecher G2

All SOLID choices.
(The Ijoy RDTA Box and Ijoy LUX are in the pics for a comparison for someone else on size)

View attachment 70635 View attachment 70636 View attachment 70637 View attachment 70638

I will check for the Hohm Tech. Thanks for your input mate. Cheers

Hard choice. I don't have a G-Priv yet but it should be coming in this week. Love my alien too. No issues with the paint yet. Battlestar is really nice. Paint is solid build quality is sturdy. Feels like you can throw it across a room and be fine. Paint doesn't scratch off even if u try with your fingernail. Battlestar has the least features but works great is simple and built like a tank. Alien is a little more flimsy but still built nice and live the firing bar. Both mods look good and have a nice size. Can't go wrong with either. All 3 are good choices

I don't think it's a move backwards. I have a finder 167 triad 250 vt133 5 fsk mods and I still use my alien Battlestar and others regularly. It's a nice beater mod.

I'm super confused as to which MOD to get. I might ended up getting the battlestar on local shop while waiting for G-priv to be shipped from 3fvape or fasttech LOL.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I'm super confused as to which MOD to get. I might ended up getting the battlestar on local shop while waiting for G-priv to be shipped from 3fvape or fasttech LOL.
There is rarely a right answer. Every mod you asked about is good as well as the G2 that Paratech mentioned

BreSha6869

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The G-Priv is big and heavy. Built like a brick shithouse and has a great touch screen/menu. Too big for many to carry around but it should last a long many drops and abuse.

The Alien is smaller, more ergonomic IMO but it doesn't seem to be as heavy duty as the G-Priv. The menu isn't as easy to use, the battery door is kinda cheap, the paint has worn quickly for some (my black/grey is still like new) and older versions had loose firing bars.

Both are 220w and good mods. I have both and tend to reach for the Alien a bit more just due to size. Hard decision as both are great in different ways. If durable and a super simple menu is more important than feel/weight, the G-Priv is the way to go IMO.

No real experience with the Battlestar here.

centella4u

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

All SOLID choices.

View attachment 70635 View attachment 70636 View attachment 70637 View attachment 70638

Now, I'm really scared!
And I though I have quite a few ...

f6c5fbc636624c6880bdd02a1fa214ae.jpg

Thinking of getting 2 more G2 though, probably in blue and silver
G-Priv is "still" on its way
Oh, and this just arrived
f8e8c210dc734b3f530bf726a72341b8.jpg

Absolutely love it

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Now, I'm really scared!

Absolutely love it

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Nice. Looks nicer then the vt133 for sure

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Now, I'm really scared!

Absolutely love it
I only have 92 mods and just over 150 tanks.
I think.
At least until the 12 other orders I have come in.

Your collection looks awesome.
Nice stand, I should have one of those.

VaporCarp

#BlackRiflesMatter
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think.

Jesus!

Eskie

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I think.

Wow, you're almost 60 mods too short for all those tanks.:giggle:

rx7ven

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
serious question. why do you guys need so many different mods? i mean they all work the same right? i have one old mvp3 pro, and im having a hard time justifying getting another one since it still works fine. although i do want to upgrade.

Eskie

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
^^^
What VaporCarp said. Sorta like the you can never be too rich or too young thing.

BreSha6869

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I bought a bunch of authentic mechs and squonkers and a shit ton of cheap ($10 average) clone mechs to play around with. I only have 4-5 regulated mods.

I have lots of tanks as I have RBAs, RDAs, BF tanks and a few prebuilt coil ones. Never paid over about $50-60 for a tank and still use all of them except for a small handful....

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Kinda an old debate but if OP is still looking my battlestar review is up

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I have less than 20 mods...I feel so inadequate :(

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
the ones I really like most are 4 yihi chip mods..3 dna mods and 2 fsk mods...I have the best of the best so its not too bad...lol

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
the ones I really like most are 4 yihi chip mods..3 dna mods and 2 fsk mods...I have the best of the best so its not too bad...lol
Very True!
I have 3 DNAs, 5 FSK currently and a more DNA on the way and the new yihi G class coming too

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ooops..its only 2 dnas mods..not 3.

Sx Mini M class
IPV5
IPV400
IPV D3S
Hohm Wrecker G2
Hohm Slice
Hcigar VT75
Hcigar VT133 (on its way to me)

Others: (The ones that work, anyways)
Smok Alien
Laisimo L1
Joyetech Cuboid 150
Eleaf 100w (non TC)
Eleaf 60w TC

I need More:cry:

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
ooops..its only 2 dnas mods..not 3.

Sx Mini M class
IPV5
IPV400
IPV D3S
Hohm Wrecker G2
Hohm Slice
Hcigar VT75
Hcigar VT133 (on its way to me)

Others: (The ones that work, anyways)
Smok Alien
Laisimo L1
Joyetech Cuboid 150
Eleaf 100w (non TC)
Eleaf 60w TC

I need More:cry:
i got the
VT133, Triad 250, Finder 167 (and therion 167 arriving this week)
3 G2s, 2 Slices
G class on the way hopefully this week
and too many "non premium" mods to bother listing LMAO

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sorry to change the thread from the OP's question, but to people here such as @Paratech and @centella4u , do you use your mods in rotation, or find you have favourites with some going near unused?

I don't have as many mods as you, only 46 when I just counted quickly, and I guess around double to triple the amount of tanks and RDA's (I haven't counted them all, a lot are in different places so am unsure on the exact amount), but find I tend to use a few mods a lot more than the others, and some hardly get used.
Then when it comes to tanks and RDA's, it can be literally months before I use one as I tend to favour certain ones.

I know I probably should move some on, but I can't bring myself too lol, each one I do like when I do get round to using it so they end up sitting on my ottoman until I remember to use them.
I was thinking of setting up a rotation but am not sure I would stick to it so just wondered if you did this or not.

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sorry to change the thread from the OP's question, but to people here such as @Paratech and @centella4u , do you use your mods in rotation, or find you have favourites with some going near unused?

I don't have as many mods as you, only 46 when I just counted quickly, and I guess around double to triple the amount of tanks and RDA's (I haven't counted them all, a lot are in different places so am unsure on the exact amount), but find I tend to use a few mods a lot more than the others, and some hardly get used.
Then when it comes to tanks and RDA's, it can be literally months before I use one as I tend to favour certain ones.

I know I probably should move some on, but I can't bring myself too lol, each one I do like when I do get round to using it so they end up sitting on my ottoman until I remember to use them.
I was thinking of setting up a rotation but am not sure I would stick to it so just wondered if you did this or not.
Since I don't change my juice however I like variety, I change mods and tanks numerous times through out the day.
I use almost everything I have.
There are a few I don't care for (Wismec Theorem is a prime example) but 98% of everything gets used regularly.

I have a battle star and an alien both have been quality mods. I have had 2 others (predator and 2/3) together didn't last 6 months....I did like the feel of the 2/3 in w battery mode so when it died (fire button) in less than a month I bought the battle star.

VU Sponsors