KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Hi folks,

I’m two weeks into my testing phase of this battlestar squonk kit at the moment, being im a bit slower to get info out thought I’d share something I picked up mid cycle.

I wanted to see how the bottle stood up to sweet and citric juices over time, while it hasn’t degraded the plastic or bung, the plunger has managed to seize completely

Video below

https://imgur.com/a/FgbMQGx

this could be just a single unit problem so I’m going to try the same with the spare as well to see if it happens again.

In the meantime I’m soaking the original bottle in vodka in the hope it frees up the mechanism.

will report back if it’s a repeatable issue

just wondering if any other reviewer/user has observed this yet?

Last edited:

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Interesting, that plunger has been the point of worry for me since I have seen the mod. I was waiting to see if any issues come up with it.
Thanks for sharing.

same as me....soon as I got it through, I said to the mod team back end I reckon it could be a problem, I’ve put tank cracking juice in this...commercial sweet juices, bakery sweet juices and fruity to see how it handles it all ....this was the result after two weeks

Hopefully it’s just this one bottle - I’ll find out soon enough :)

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Well it was worth waiting 6 weeks to drop my review on this (which I’ll sort over the next few days) sorry for the delay but I wanted to make sure it was still good to go after that time

Second bottle admittedly is still squeezing fine after 3 week continuous use so happy with that element for the moment.

however the second bottle developed cracks both sides...this is either stress fracturing or the result of citric juices either way not ideal

10D8E171-7617-498C-BCD3-DDE7B0F914F0.jpeg

The bottle is still usable for the moment but this is such a shame :(

Last edited:

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
The original bottle was gone as well no amount of soaking free’d it up

VU Sponsors