Become a Patron!

Smallest single 18650 DNA mod? (DNA only).

vapesmooth1234

Member For 4 Years
I spent a while researching for a dual 18650 (I ordered a vt250s as my main mod).

Then I spend waaaay longer than I wanted to, to find a single 26650 DNA. I want a small secondary mod and dunno if it'll be single 26650 or 18650. So I'm getting both a single 26650 DNA and a single 18650 DNA to see if the 26650 is worth the extra size and weight.

(almost all the DNA75 single 26650s are like 2 years old and out of stock! Or they're larger/heavier than they have to be compared to others like the rebel which is small but I'm not spending $175 for a single 26650 mod, or they're snake skin and leather etc and I don't buy animal skins). I'm still not finished with the 26650 search.

I have to ask what are some of the smallest DNA single 18650 mods? I vape low wattage, like .12 - .50 ohm coils I vape at around 50W so I need 75WDNA just to be safe because sometimes I crank it up a bit to burn through a gurgle or dry burn coils etc.

It's not a big deal if you don't happen to already have something in mind because most single 18650 DNA mods should be pretty small. But anything to make this less of a big research project would be much appreciated. THank you.

PS I don't really like the DNA C Color chip, seems more complicated than I'd like, and I didn't even like setting up my DNA 200 chip just for VW and a few other tweaks, and will be trying some TC on the next new mods I get and don't want to have a ton of nonsense color settings etc in the escribe.

vapesmooth1234

Member For 4 Years
did some more research, didn't go too crazy with it like I did with the 26650 thread only to learn towards the end that my dual 18650 vt250s DNA250/DNA167 is basically the same size and weight as the smallest 26650s plus much more battery life and 2A usb charging.

I'll probably end up with the Sbody Macro for a single 18650. Only issue is yes some fasttech (FT) reviews says the battery door isn't the most secure.

I would safely usb charge this single 18650 DNA Macro mod so I won't need to open the door much so I might put a black rubber band around it or use temp thread lock glue which is basically weaker superglue. Macro is the smallest I found and I like the look of it so I'm leaning towards it but didn't order anything just yet.

Also not crazy about the recessed buttons on the Macro if juice drips from the tank will be a bit of a hassle to wipe out those areas.

There's a bunch even smaller than the Macro, and some have DNA boards, but they're built-in batteries which aren't even close to a 3000 mAh 18650, they're like 1800 mAh or something, plus good luck replacing the battery after 9 months or so when it's dead.
Might be tutorials out there using a ~$5 lipo pack but need exact fit and wiring etc, I won't get into that because it's not as common as I expected.

All sizes below are in mm, and I didn't cross reference them too much like I did in my 26650 thread where I watched many videos etc and sometimes would see someone measure and weigh the mod or show the official dimensions in the manual. FT weights may be off also I've found.

Sbody macro DNA75 77 x 39 x 25 79g FT's weight. some say loose door but doesnt sound as bad as SD mini's loose door.

SD Mini 75W DNA 83 x 43 x 24 150g FT weight is probably wrong. very loose door, video specifically about it.

Simeiyue SMY SDNA75 84 x 44 x 23 dna 18650 138g confirmed on scale empty. door is said to be very secure. I like this mod but can't find it in stock easily. A few of these mods are hard or impossible to find in stock actually.

hcigar vt75 nano dna 82 x 41 x 24 116g FT weight

SBody Elfin DNA75W 1800mAh fixed 71 x 39 x 23 157g FT weight

JAC Vapour SERIES-B DNA 88 x 35 x 22 150g claimed, but is more like 123g empty, saw video weighed with an 18650 in it. A LG H2 cell is 45g and it weighed 168g with the 18650 would be 123g empty.

evic vtc mini NON dna 82 x 38 x 22 - 163g with battery would be about 45g less empty is 118g.

As you can see by the picture, a few mm isn't make or break, they're all small pocket mods.

And weight, a US quarter weights 5.7 grams (dirty it's probably like 6.3 or something). So the extra weight of a bunch of quarters isn't a big deal especially if it means possibly a less scratch prone finish, maybe more drop protection, or a better battery door since the Marco is unusually light but might have battery door issues maybe not worth the savings in weight.

Wholesale-100-real-925-sterling-silver-high-Polish-Paris-ball-stud-earring-Comfortable-2-5mm-3mm.jpg

vapesmooth1234

Member For 4 Years
I got the Hcigar VT75 Nano.

it's 118g BTW I saw on Busardo's scale with no battery.

Barely larger than the Macro and the others.

Screw cap for battery = no worries of weak door connection like the Macro and SD mini. Just have to make sure you don't CROSS THREAD the cap. Vent hole looks very small on cap but should be sufficient and should never vent with the way I vape anyway.

If looking for a small DNA75 single 18650, this may be your last chance until something new comes out. Fasttech still has the silver vt75 nano in stock for $65 (it was $100 originally people complained). Everything else is pretty much out of stock anywhere on the internet, or is in stock but is the Macro and the SD mini with loose battery doors! Except maybe the JAC Vapour SERIES-B DNA you might have to get direct from the maker in UK/Scotland though- that's a small mod too and good reviews but not much smaller than the VT75 nano (is taller than vt75 but narrower).

Overall so glad I found this in stock because I didn't want a loose battery door. mighta bought the JAC but I ran some scans and then purchased online the VT75 thinking it would sell out by the time I got back to it from looking for the JAC available further.

I did find the Simeiyue SMY SDNA75 supposedly in stock on like the 5th google search page from aladdinvapor or something in middle east which seemed kinda sketch and wanted me to upload a pic of my drivers license before purchasing, nah that's ok.

Pretty much no bad reviews for the vt75 nano, no issue like battery door loose etc.

VU Sponsors