Become a Patron!

Smallest dual 18650?

brentona

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
First post but long time lurker. As the title states I am looking for the smallest dual battery 18650 presently but am fairly new to "big boy mods" I have been enjoying my Vaporesso target for a couple months now but am wanting to get into lower ohm higher watt set ups. Currently just using a simple kanthal dual coil at .35 ohms and 39 watts. I made a parallel dual coil set up yesterday that pinged at .2 ohms and ran it at 57 watts. It was great just crushed my battery (vtc4). Pocket real estate is important to me because I carry a lot of things while at work (electrician) and when not at work (personal protection). Also using a Mutation X V4 just started dripping a week ago. Thanks.
--Brent

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Dual battery mech or regulated?
For a regulated the cuboid is quite small (though it's heavy).

AlbyKortoona

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Small and regulated is kind of an oxymoron. Like "government efficiency" or "military intelligence" :D

brentona

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The sigeli 213 is about the smallest I have.
To my eyes it looks like they have the batteries in series? So my current rating of the batteries remains the same (20a constant for vc4) but I am getting more voltage output? The idea of a dual battery is new to me. I thought about it for the first time yesterday. I'm really getting the same performance but an increased battery performance? Maybe I need some schooling

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
With variable wattage mods, coil resistance has nothing to do with battery current. Keeping the watt setting the same, adding more batteries equals more runtime and less battery current regardless of battery configuration. The higher the watt setting, the higher the battery current and the shorter the runtime.

brentona

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
With variable wattage mods, coil resistance has nothing to do with battery current. More batteries equals more runtime and less battery current regardless of battery configuration. The higher the watt setting, the higher the battery current and the shorter the runtime.
Ok I got it I got it thank you. I figured it's big draw was run time. But then I didn't know if the current was additive if in parallel battery set ups. Ohms law current adds in parallel while voltage remains constant

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I recently bought the smallest regulated dual 18650 mods I could find: the Minikin and the VapeMX (from FT, not from VaporDNA). They're both awesome, but of the two the VapeMX is amazingly light and tiny!

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The smallest dual regulated mod I have is an Asolo. The best dual 18650 regulated mod I have is a Hcigar VT133 (DNA200). It's not big and can be had for a great price (~$83with coupon code at Ecig.com).

PS I'd stay away from the Sigelei 213 until they get the bugs worked out.

Cheers,
Steve

Mythical_OD

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Dont get a Noisy Cricket until you really know your shit. Series boxes are nothing to play with if you dont know exactly what youre doin.

Id say the smallest high power dual battery mod Ive seen is probably the 213. You can push it to 200+ watts so its got the power and its slim and small so itll be nice in the pocket. Im looking into one myself for just that reason too.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ok I got it I got it thank you. I figured it's big draw was run time. But then I didn't know if the current was additive if in parallel battery set ups. Ohms law current adds in parallel while voltage remains constant

It doesn't really matter, current adds in parallel, voltage in series. The Watt Hours (energy available) are the same either way.

Edit Watts = Voltage X Amps
Watt Hours = Total Pack Voltage (nominal) x Amp Hours
Edit Amp Hours = mah/1000

Cheers,
Steve

Last edited:

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years

You may understand ohms law, but you don't understand how vw mods work. Watt setting divided by total battery voltage gets you battery current. The voltage and current on the output side aren't the same as the voltage and current on the input side, but the watts on each side are the same. Watts in equals watts out.

brentona

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
A lot of terrific info here thank you all. Boomstick, killer name. Avid shooter myself

brentona

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Any more votes for the VapeMX? It looks good

StereoFreeze

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Any more votes for the VapeMX? It looks good

I've been using the VapeMX daily since the beginning of April. I give it a tentative +1 if size is your primary concern, but if it had been available at the time I may have opted for the 213 instead. The 213 is bigger, but not by a lot. The VapeMX is cheaper on Fastech vs VaporDNA, however VapeMX made a Facebook post stating the Fastech units were either pre-production or engineering samples (don't remember exactly) and not covered by their warranty. At the $40 price difference this may not be important to you.

I will probably be retiring mine soon. At the time, ultra-compact size with dual batteries was my primary concern. Now I want something that will work equally well with 24mm atty's without them overhanging the mod.

Pro's:
Very compact and light
Reliable so far. It has been less than two months, but I have not had a single issue.
Changeable covers if you get tired of the look

Con's:
Expensive
24mm atty's don't fit flush
Atty's with long 510 pin's may not screw all the way down flush
Logo on the cover is just a thin metallic sticker, don't expect it to stay on long.
It's really light. I know I also listed this as a pro, but for the price, I expected something that felt a little more substantial. Aside from the frame it is all plastic.

brentona

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I've been using the VapeMX daily since the beginning of April. I give it a tentative +1 if size is your primary concern, but if it had been available at the time I may have opted for the 213 instead. The 213 is bigger, but not by a lot. The VapeMX is cheaper on Fastech vs VaporDNA, however VapeMX made a Facebook post stating the Fastech units were either pre-production or engineering samples (don't remember exactly) and not covered by their warranty. At the $40 price difference this may not be important to you.

I will probably be retiring mine soon. At the time, ultra-compact size with dual batteries was my primary concern. Now I want something that will work equally well with 24mm atty's without them overhanging the mod.

Pro's:
Very compact and light
Reliable so far. It has been less than two months, but I have not had a single issue.
Changeable covers if you get tired of the look

Con's:
Expensive
24mm atty's don't fit flush
Atty's with long 510 pin's may not screw all the way down flush
Logo on the cover is just a thin metallic sticker, don't expect it to stay on long.
It's really light. I know I also listed this as a pro, but for the price, I expected something that felt a little more substantial. Aside from the frame it is all plastic.
Oooh yeah those cons speak volumes. Thank you very much. Maybe I'll wait til the 213 is more established. Someone said they have some issues currently

drugarth

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Don't get the Sig 213, it has lots of bugs, either wait for the Fuchai 213 (same but without the carbon, and supposedly the bugs are fixed) or go with the IPV 6 or IPV400, they are about the same size as the Sig 213

ChrisL

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vaporesso Tarot VTC200. Light, small, and powerful. Now, it's $44.00 or less at most online retailers.

AlbyKortoona

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Tarot vtc200 - 93 x 57 x 23 200g
istick tc100 - 94 x 52 x 23 180g

He wants something small (smallest).

AlbyKortoona

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
That does sound pretty good. But vapordna could sell icecubes to Eskimos lol. I like how they put the 510 opposite the fire button, if (when) your atty leaks the ejuice doesn't get into the switches. But the cupped top on the 510 might limit what attys will fit.

Rhyno636

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I like the kbox 70. Although it doesn't match your criteria exactly, it may satisfy your needs. Its a 4000mah internal battery, so it's almost the same as a dual battery mod. Its also very slim and light. One lasts me all day vaping at 55 watts. It charges quickly as well. I have since bought a second unit. I personally bought this mod when i was searching for a pocketable mod that would last all day and I'm glad I did. Also, I only paid about $27.

ChrisL

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
do you have experience with this mod??

My local vape shop owner sells them and he has one of the few "beta" units with the original screen layout that was the best I've ever seen, but Vaporesso went back to the screen it has now. I have handled and hit on it a few times, and I like the carbon fiber side plates, and third button for easy screen navigation. The price has come down 30 bucks since it was first introduced, and I personally think it is one of the top dual 18650 devices out there. (non DNA).

PaulS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
If you get a Kbox the Kbox 120 is not terrible ... NI TI Nich and SS all supported and down to .05 ohm. Kanger products are mass produced and quality is not anything special but all of my Kanger stuff is still ticking along.

Dimensions: 84mm x 56mm x 22mm

Compare to Evic Mini

Dimensions: 82mm x 38mm x 22mm

So not much taller or thicker - just wider to accomodate dual 18650s.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
For Unregulated the Castigador/Taridor/Anubis/Dos Equis are the Smallest in Parallel and the Noisy Cricket is the Smallest in Series...

brentona

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ecig.com?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk
Maybe you can help me. This will be my first dual 18650 mod. Now to my knowledge the Fuchai is a series mod. Ill be running vtc4's and eventually vtc5's. How does amperage interact with my series batteries. I read that because I'm doubling my voltage that this will lend its extra boost to help out my watt consumption, thus dropping my amp usage as well. Am I thinking in the right area? Is there a calculation I can keep in my head to know how I can push my batteries? Generally pulling about .2-.3 ohms with my builds but may go lower with a new rda in the future. Thank you if you can shed some light and thanks anyway just the same!

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Maybe you can help me. This will be my first dual 18650 mod. Now to my knowledge the Fuchai is a series mod. Ill be running vtc4's and eventually vtc5's. How does amperage interact with my series batteries. I read that because I'm doubling my voltage that this will lend its extra boost to help out my watt consumption, thus dropping my amp usage as well. Am I thinking in the right area? Is there a calculation I can keep in my head to know how I can push my batteries? Generally pulling about .2-.3 ohms with my builds but may go lower with a new rda in the future. Thank you if you can shed some light and thanks anyway just the same!

With regulated the mods the resistance really doesn't matter when it comes to feeding the chip. You dial up the wattage and the chip gets the voltage and draws the current it needs for the wattage you set, The chip then steps up or down the voltage and does the inverse to the current to feed your atomizer.

In series mods the voltage doubles, not the current. So with fully charged batteries the chip would see 8.4v. If you dial up 168 watts it would need 20 amp (from each battery) to meet this. It will actually need a touch more because no chip is 100% efficient.The batteries supply the chip, then the chip supplies the load (coils)

In series voltage doubles. In a parallel current doubles. In the end it doesn't really matter. If you had half the voltage you would need twice the current.

Ohm's_law_formula_wheel.JPG

Cheers,
Steve

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
With regulated the mods the resistance really doesn't matter when it comes to feeding the chip. You dial up the wattage and the chip gets the voltage and draws the current it needs for the wattage you set, The chip then steps up or down the voltage and does the inverse to the current to feed your atomizer.

In series mods the voltage doubles, not the current. So with fully charged batteries the chip would see 8.4v. If you dial up 168 watts it would need 20 amp (from each battery) to meet this. It will actually need a touch more because no chip is 100% efficient.The batteries supply the chip, then the chip supplies the load (coils)

In series voltage doubles. In a parallel current doubles. In the end it doesn't really matter. If you had half the voltage you would need twice the current.

Cheers,
Steve
That's a way better answer than I would've given. Listen to Steve, he knows what he speaks of.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

brentona

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

Cheers,
Steve
Ok understood. Thank you. According to my load calc's I draw 12.91 amps with my current set up. With two batteries that load is shared so I can assume the total load on each battery is 50% of what is drawn? Very familiar with ohms law (electrian) just not vw circuitry

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ok understood. Thank you. According to my load calc's I draw 12.91 amps with my current set up. With two batteries that load is shared so I can assume the total load on each battery is 50% of what is drawn? Very familiar with ohms law (electrian) just not vw circuitry

I= P/V Since the batteries are wired in series, that I would be from each battery, not half from 1 and the other half from the other. When you are figuring out the draw from the battery, the resistance of your coil doesn't matter in a regulated mod. For your example of 12.91 amps (each battery) that would supply the chip with 108.44 watts to the chip if the batteries were fully charged (8.4v x 12.91a (each battery) = 108.44 watts). If you are setting it up at 54 watts, then it would be a total draw of 6.45 amps from each battery. Just want to make sure we are on the same page.

PS As the voltage from the batteries drop (as they are being discharged) the current being drawn from your batteries will go up. Also you will get voltage sag as you are applying the power. I figure most chips are around 90% efficient so you have to figure about an extra 10% current draw. For example if you want 100 watts to your coil, figure you will need to supply the chip with about 110 watts.

Cheers,
Steve

brentona

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I= P/V Since the batteries are wired in series, that I would be from each battery, not half from 1 and the other half from the other. When you are figuring out the draw from the battery, the resistance of your coil doesn't matter in a regulated mod. For your example of 12.91 amps (each battery) that would supply the chip with 108.44 watts to the chip if the batteries were fully charged (8.4v x 12.91a (each battery) = 108.44 watts). If you are setting it up at 54 watts, then it would be a total draw of 6.45 amps from each battery. Just want to make sure we are on the same page.

PS As the voltage from the batteries drop (as they are being discharged) the current being drawn from your batteries will go up. Also you will get voltage sag as you are applying the power. I figure most chips are around 90% efficient so you have to figure about an extra 10% current draw. For example if you want 100 watts to your coil, figure you will need to supply the chip with about 110 watts.

Cheers,
Steve
Seriously thank you. That is much more clear to me how. I'll get there I'll get there!

I should not have stepped in here! I'm tempted to pre-order the fuchai 213 now.

I'm currently using a project square plus which in my opinion is on the smaller size but probably not as small as the other suggestions mentioned here

VU Sponsors