Become a Patron!

Smallest dual 18650 Mod

HaileStorm

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
H8 everyone! I'm relatively new to vaping and I have a Joyetech eVic-VTC Mini paired to a Triton 2 and a Smok TFV4 Mini tank.

My question is:

1. Are there any significant advantages of dual 18650 mods compared to single 18650 mods (I don't vape at high wattages, so apart from that...)?

2. If so, what is the smallest dual 18650 I can buy today? I'd like something very compact and with a big screen if possible (I have a hard time seeing small screens).

centella4u

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think it's cuboid, while cubis is the tank that comes together, or is it vice versa?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
IPV3 Li

I've heard that more dual 18650 models are coming in the near future so...
You may want to hold off for a bit longer if you can.

I went ahead and ordered a RX200 although not very compact and uses 3 18650's.
Impossible to beat such a nice temp control mod for just $50.00.
I mostly wanted the longer battery life, but the ability to run SS is a bonus.
And it's just for at home use anyway.

Last edited:

BadLuckAndTrouble

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
IPV3 Li

I've heard that more dual 18650 models are coming in the near future so...
You may want to hold off for a bit longer if you can.

I went ahead and ordered a RX200 although not very compact and uses 3 18650's.
Impossible to beat such a nice temp control mod for just $50.00.
I mostly wanted the longer battery life, but the ability to run SS is a bonus.
And it's just for at home use anyway.

The 3Li is fucking massive feeling because of its squared off design. I use it turned around backwards with my thumb on the top sensor.
The RX200 running 3 18650s is smaller it seems lol.

Dual 18650 wise, the smallest Ive seen is the Lost Vape eSquare DNA 40 or the Hana ONE mod in dual 18650 mode.

vuJim

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
I think it's cuboid, while cubis is the tank that comes together, or is it vice versa?
No, you have it right: Cuboid is the mod and Cubis is the tank. I posted about it in TC Mod... There are other mods discussed further up-thread.

That 200W TC Vaporesso Tarot looks very cool, but I'm so happy with my Joyetech eVic-VTC Mini that I'm inclined to go with the Cuboid. Going to wait for the reviews, tho.

centella4u

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No, you have it right: Cuboid is the mod and Cubis is the tank. I posted about it in TC Mod... There are other mods discussed further up-thread.

That 200W TC Vaporesso Tarot looks very cool, but I'm so happy with my Joyetech eVic-VTC Mini that I'm inclined to go with the Cuboid. Going to wait for the reviews, tho.
Is it true that the cuboid will be able to upgrade to 200w?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

empt3

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Eleaf istick 100 watt is not that large. Also only 29.99 I saw last night. Not sure how well it performs.

vuJim

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Eleaf istick 100 watt is not that large. Also only 29.99 I saw last night. Not sure how well it performs.
Now, see: That's more like how I wish Joyetech had done their dual-18650 mod. But they don't mention if it does TC at all, much less SS TC. Kind of strange.

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Now, see: That's more like how I wish Joyetech had done their dual-18650 mod. But they don't mention if it does TC at all, much less SS TC. Kind of strange.

No TC, but it's a cheap starter mod if you don't care about TC.
Doesn't seem much bigger than my Istick 50w, but the display doesn't look very big.
My Isticks fire button is getting wonky so I might try to take it apart eventually to check it out.

Finally they have replaceable batteries instead of throw aways.

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Dude... put down the "special vegetation" and take a step back. :rolleyes:

The i50 is a pleasure to hold. My first VW mod actually, back in ~May.
I regret nothing about buying the i100, but lets not get crazy here, alright? :p

Hard for me to judge sizes by pictures and videos alone as I don't have one "in hand" to compare so...
You have them both and they're obviously way different so I stand corrected.
"special vegetation", lol, don't I wish...

HaileStorm

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks for the reply, you guys! I went ahead and got a Cuboid. Really really happy with it, just a bit heavy and bulkier in the pocket especially coming from the eVic Mini. Definitely worth the extra weight though considering the battery life I get out of it. And it pairs nicely with my Triton 2. Really hating the TFV4 Mini, keeps leaking through the air holes. Here's a pic of them both:

b588fd2f2dd28d30db1674b2ad886987.jpg

NCHornet

Member For 4 Years
Glad you like it. There is a fix for the leaking tfv4. A member here tracked down the right size and material o rings and it wasn't that easy. He has an add in the trading section, tell him NCHORNET sent you.

HaileStorm

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Glad you like it. There is a fix for the leaking tfv4. A member here tracked down the right size and material o rings and it wasn't that easy. He has an add in the trading section, tell him NCHORNET sent you.
Thanks for the tip, NCHornet. I'm selling my tfv4m already though, can't put up with how many times it made my clothes smell like juice.

CorallineAlgae

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I went ahead and got a Cuboid. Really really happy with it, just a bit heavy and bulkier in the pocket especially coming from the eVic Mini. Definitely worth the extra weight though considering the battery life I get out of it. And it pairs nicely with my Triton 2.
Sweet setup! I also ordered a Cuboid, but if the price of the Vaporflask Stout drops I think that would be my ideal "long battery life" mod. It can't match the Cuboid but it should get most moderate watt vapers through a day.

HaileStorm

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sweet setup! I also ordered a Cuboid, but if the price of the Vaporflask Stout drops I think that would be my ideal "long battery life" mod. It can't match the Cuboid but it should get most moderate watt vapers through a day.
Thanks! I'm really loving the Triton 2, it's my first ever tank which also gives me the opportunity to use Vaporesso's new ceramic coils really excited about that one!

Back on track though, the Cuboid is great. Just one niggle is that the fire button is quite easy to hit and can fire easily in the pockets or when you're holding a lot of stuff in your hands along with it. Turning it off can solve that problem though. Or maybe fashioning some sort of plastic trigger guard to protect the button from being misfired.

Been watching YouTube videos about the Vaporflask too, seems like a really nice and solid mod too. But I'm going to hold off from buying a mod for now until the next big breakthrough. They're all starting to look redundant with all the similar screens, button layouts, etc. Would love to see a stainless steel cylindrical type mod with a big screen much like the eVic Premium (did I get that right?) with a big screen and goes up to at least 60-80w.

CorallineAlgae

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks! I'm really loving the Triton 2, it's my first ever tank which also gives me the opportunity to use Vaporesso's new ceramic coils really excited about that one!

Back on track though, the Cuboid is great. Just one niggle is that the fire button is quite easy to hit and can fire easily in the pockets or when you're holding a lot of stuff in your hands along with it. Turning it off can solve that problem though. Or maybe fashioning some sort of plastic trigger guard to protect the button from being misfired.

Been watching YouTube videos about the Vaporflask too, seems like a really nice and solid mod too. But I'm going to hold off from buying a mod for now until the next big breakthrough. They're all starting to look redundant with all the similar screens, button layouts, etc. Would love to see a stainless steel cylindrical type mod with a big screen much like the eVic Premium (did I get that right?) with a big screen and goes up to at least 60-80w.

I'm hoping that they come out with a Cuboid version of this sleeve. I use it on one of my VTC Minis and feels great in the hand, especially in the winter cold. It's also thick enough to help protect the fire button in your pocket. I still lock my mod but if I forget it's a little more protection. Is the Cuboid light enough to fit in a pocket? I ordered mine to use at home. Some people say it's pretty heavy.

HaileStorm

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That sleeve looks fantastic!

The Cuboid is quite heavy. That said, it's fine when I'm wearing denim jeans or the like which prevents it from jumping around in my pocket. But when I'm wearing shorts, I tend to just keep it in my hands. The VTC Mini is still superior when it comes to weight and size but I tend to bring the Cuboid since I'm quite a heavy vaper especially when there's alcohol involved It's good to have both, if I'm going to be out the whole day where I won't be able to charge, I bring the Cuboid but at work, I bring the VTC Mini where I can charge it. Im not sure but maybe the black and grey Cuboids are lighter?

HaileStorm

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Not too sure about the UI but I think what Shark Vape was pointing towards when he mentioned "sphistication" is the way the mod is designed.

Side-by-side, I do think the Cuboid does look more elegant (or maybe it's because of the ss finish?) when compared to the rather straightforward design of the VTC Mini. But to each his own.

That said, I still think the VTC Mini is a very handsome device. I have to say that I was mostly attracted to its bigger screen and very simple styling (it's a small box with three buttons and a screen) when I bought it. And to this day, I still admire its simplicity.

As for the UI of the VTC Mini, I think the v2.0 screen layout still beats the v3.0 (v3.1 for the Cuboid). I like to have everything I can on the screen. I actually wish they could cram a clock in there somewhere as that would be totally useful.

Joyetech has really been putting out great products and I'm really looking forward to what 2016 will bring us. I'm hoping for even smaller and lighter mods which have a nice screen and better battery life. After the Cubis, it may be hard tho shrink them down further although I did just find this:

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
My trusty sig 150 watt box may be getting ready to crap out due to the 510 pin. Would the cuboid be a good replacement? I only use this at home. I don't do tc just want reliable service and dual 18650.

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Being the two cell cousin to the VTC... it's all about the TC.
But that's also where all the problems we've had with the VTC lie. It's been a rock in Power mode.

It's also still got the shiny on it, reviews are only just starting to come in.
Especially about that hinged battery door. May get one myself though. :p
Thanks, I will watch the reviews. Power mode is all I care about.

vuJim

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
It's also still got the shiny on it, reviews are only just starting to come in.
Especially about that hinged battery door.
When that thing came out my two concerns were that big expanse of shiny black plastic and the battery door. It seems that big expanse of shiny black plastic is meeting my expectations, but I hadn't heard about problems with the battery door.

Personally: I'm hoping the Vapor Flask Stout comes down to a reasonable price.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Theres no Screens on these but the Abaddon and Castigador/Tirador are the Smallest Dual 18650 Mods out there...

VU Sponsors