Become a Patron!

Smaller mod for out and around

mikeyboy74

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Looking for a smaller, sleeker companion to my rx200 and similar, something lighter and less conspicuous for work, car, etc.

First thought- Evic mini with upgrade, IPV D2 or D3, Wismec Presa, or Sigelei Spark. In other words, 75w plus, regulated single battery mods, as the DNA mods are not within the budget.

Any of these have better battery life, performance, durability, or ease in using TC on occasion? Any other suggestions?
All of these look to be about $40 online, the Presa a few dollars less.

Thanks....
Mike

pescadore

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have the Reuleaux DNA 200 that is my EDV but on occasion, especially to work, I will take my Evic VTC Mini. Other than the DNA 200's this has been my favorite mod. It is reliable and I am always around a USB port to keep it charged if needed but that is rare because I dont vape that much at work. It will never replace my DNA 200's but it is convenient, smaller, lighter and less conspicuous. I have the Joytech Cubis tank that I like and it is leakproof so I don't mind pocketing it. You can use the Stainless coils with TC and it works good . I also have a Billow V2 Nano that I use on the Mini and it is a nice little RTA.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I'm q fan of the vaporshark mods for small, concealable power.
My dna2oo, is 200w of fully customizable power that fits in my shirt pocket and is feather lite.

Jim_MDP

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
First thought- Evic mini with upgrade, IPV D2 or D3, Wismec Presa, or Sigelei Spark. In other words, 75w plus, regulated single battery mods, as the DNA mods are not within the budget.

Don't know anything about the Spark.

The Presa has gotten quite a bit of love, especially from us VTC owners once the two started matching up in features. I don't have one myself, and they're obviously just slightly larger.

For VW mode, my D2 is a real banger. It's when I want to use it for TC that the damn menu system gets in the way. I despise it. Also... no SS TC and no upgrading it. D3?

My VTC and RX get, far and away, the most use... day in, day out.
So I'll also give the nod to the VTC of those you listed.
Solid performer, outstanding feature set and updates, very good value for the cost.

There are the new Kanger singles as well, but I haven't looked at them closely.

Vlad1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
You might throw the Vaporflask Stout into the list. Have read some getting a couple days run time on the 26650 and it would be very similar to your RX.

This may be higher than your budget but you may also be able to find one cheaper than here.
https://101vape.com/mods/995-vaporf...silver.html?search_query=vaporflask&results=9

This one is without question the best deal I've seen in the past year, if they are a reputable business and if these are authentic. A poster on ECF says they are and he has one but I cant confirm either. I would also suspect it would be difficult to get any type of warranty if it is a legit deal.

Sxmini M $59.99 + S&H
http://www.volvapor.com/authentic-yihi-sxmini-m-class-clearance/

mikeyboy74

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Thanks to everyone for the info. I should have also asked if these are safe to use with USB charging, or if it's always better for the mod to use an external charger, as with the rx200.

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
eVic mini all the way! Yes, you can charge through the USB, but it's always better to use a stand alone charger.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Thanks to everyone for the info. I should have also asked if these are safe to use with USB charging, or if it's always better for the mod to use an external charger, as with the rx200.
Most mentioned are safe with USB charging, the rx200 is not according to some.
Now, here is where I'm gonna try not to anger anyone. I think in most cases if you can avoid USB chargind you should. In the case qof mods with the lipid batteries, like the DNA mods you dont have a choice and some, like the shark have a rapid charger, letting you charge the battery in under 45 minutes. In cases where the mod is upgradeable; if the batteries can come out to charge I would do that. if you break the charger you will no longer be able to upgrade.
Just my personal feelings on it.

kross8

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You can charge the batts safely with the USB charger. Just don't exceed 2 amps if you use a wall adapter.
Why would it matter if you used a wall adapter that exceeds 2 amps. It will only draw what it needs. If the device has a built in 1 amp charging board and you use a 2.4 amp supply it will still only draw 1 amp (I use a 2.4 amp supply to charge my DNA200's and they will only draw 1 amp). If you use a .5 amp supply then it would only charge at .5 amps. The thing you can't exceed is the voltage requirement. If you plug a 5v board into a 12v supply, you will fry it.

Think of your house. You have a 20 amp circuit breaker. If you plug something in that draws 1 amp, that all it will draw no matter how many amps that are available.

Cheers,
Steve

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Would you connect a 20 amp wall adapter to a usb charging mod?

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Would you connect a 20 amp wall adapter to a usb charging mod?
As long as the voltage matched it wouldn't hurt a thing. I plug in 13 watt light bulbs that draw .1 amps into 20 amp circuits all the time. A device only draws the amperage that it needs. You only need to match the voltage.

Edit I've never seen a USB wall adapter that supplies more than 2.4 amps so I wouldn't use a 20 amp one. There is no advantage to using a USB adapter rated higher than what your device draws. I was just saying if that's what I have, that's what I use. I use a 2.4 amp USB supply to charge my DNA200's all the time and they only draw 1 amp no matter what.

Edit 2 I really only charge internally with my DNA200 mods. I tell people to always use an external charger whenever possible. Most built in chargers I wouldn't trust as far as I could throw them so I charge externally (I don't care whether I'm using a .5 or 2.4 amp supply - I don't trust their quality and if a malfunction happens bad things can happen no matter what your wall plug is rated at). I charge my DNA200's internally for 2 reasons.
1. They have a good, balanced charging board
2. The Lipos are a PITA to get out to charge externally.

Last edited:

RonaldStark

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ipv d2 is super solid, only issue I've had at all is that there isn't step down, so if you want to run a low resistance coil at low wattages you have to run it in temp control mode. No problem for me as I usually don't build super low for regulated devices anyways and only use rtas regulated

Sent from my iPhone using

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Ipv d2 is super solid, only issue I've had at all is that there isn't step down, so if you want to run a low resistance coil at low wattages you have to run it in temp control mode. No problem for me as I usually don't build super low for regulated devices anyways and only use rtas regulated

I'm not certain, but didn't they include step down in the ipv d3?

skeene

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
for stealth alone, nothing beats the egrip. it's my daily driver at work, nobody is the wiser

swypych1

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have the rx 200 love it, my battery last all day and its a lot smaller in my opinion

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you run any single battery regulated mod at close to max wattage the battery will not last long at all.
If you stay around 20 watts then it will last quite a while.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I used to use egrips for out and about until I got a nebox! The advantage of the nebox is that I can carry a spare battery :) Otherwise I use a D2 with a Crown, but the Crown goes through batteries quickly.

skeene

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
my egrip fits easily in my pocket, zero leaks, and lasts all work day. i'm saying just for stealth, egrip is tops.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
2676e198c7ce485b21b3e72c94d5a3a4.jpg
Smallest mod I've heard about is this 40w Mini Volt..too small for me but I guess some folks are really liking it

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
2676e198c7ce485b21b3e72c94d5a3a4.jpg
Smallest mod I've heard about is this 40w Mini Volt..too small for me but I guess some folks are really liking it

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Speaking of the Mini Volt. I just received an instant alert from Vapor Joes where you can get the Mini Volt for $29.75 shipped (from USA) in Red. I've never used one so I can't speak to it's quality. Just thought since it was being mentioned, I'd pass it along. Here's the link if anyone is interested.

Cheers,
Steve

RonaldStark

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm not certain, but didn't they include step down in the ipv d3?

Yep, just googled it they certainly did. Hopefully they included a normal usb charger too. I'm gonna check on that as well

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yep, just googled it they certainly did. Hopefully they included a normal usb charger too. I'm gonna check on that as well

I think they stuck with a barrel plug. With no firmware upgrading ability the barrel (whatever it's called) plug is much more sturdy, but isn't the kind of thing you already have 10 of.

Sure wish that mini volt had more power. It'd make a hell of a pocket rocket with a small rda.

RatRacer

a touch oɟɟ
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

The cable is USB, but the mod side of the cable is not micro USB, but an old school barrel plug.

brassic

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Personally I would vote for the NEBOX just from the stand point that you said you wanted something small and out and about. The unit itself is one solid piece other then the drip tip, there is no adding a tank or anything like that. Just personally I would see that as the easiest and most compact and portable unit because you only need it that`s it nothing else, in addition if you needed an extra 18650 well that isn't anything to carry and another atomizer is nothing. So basically you could have additional atomizers and an extra 18650 and in my eyes it would be less of a footprint, plus added icing is that it is also TC control unit as well. Just my personal view though.

skeene

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
does the nebox come with the rba? I thought that was a big plus with their subtank.

stirredstill

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
My two cents: vaporflask stout.

Solid.
2 day vape
100W
Sleek
Ergonomically sound
Did I say solid?!

Candied Clouds
Cigarettes

CJ

VU Webmaster
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The Nugget is a 50W LIPO 18350.. and its temp control
it said 18350 on the link I looked at.

Mooch has some 18350 test results up and the highest he rated any of them was 12 amps.
And that was an 800 mah cell. A 1000 mah cell will have a lower CDR.
Internal or external still an 18350.

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Looking for a smaller, sleeker companion to my rx200 and similar, something lighter and less conspicuous for work, car, etc.

Any of these have better battery life, performance, durability, or ease in using TC on occasion? Any other suggestions?
All of these look to be about $40 online, the Presa a few dollars less.

Thanks....
Mike
Are you set on having a changeable battery cause my thoughts would be a small lipo-battery mod.
Such as a Cool Fire IV Plus Kit.

ChrisL

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
AlieExpress had the 60W TC Istick for $23.00 shipped. Didn't need it. Bought it. I have no self control:oops:.

brassic

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Was looking around and saw this weird and small mod might be of interest to you its called the Invader Mini 50w. It is a Waterproof & Crushproof with TC from some company called Heatvape.

Never heard of it before but it looks small and if it is waterproof and crushproof would be good for a out and about small mod.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
The Balrog 70w Kit is pretty Tiny also, with a Goblin Mini on it its quite versatile also. Pictured is the Snow Wolf Mini, Cuboid and Balrog. In the Second Picture is the Balrog 70w vs the Istick 30w...
Balrog.jpg Balrog vs Istick.jpg

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Second Picture is the Balrog 70w vs the Istick 30w
Knowing how small it is makes me want to get 2.
1 for me and 1 for my wife.
She has an iStick 20w and the iStick 30w is the same size so she'd be happy.And I'd have yet another lost weekend mod...Huzzah!

VU Sponsors