Become a Patron!

Small rubber grommets

Daniel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I'm needing to find where I can purchase a few of the teeny tiny rubber grommets, or washers that go on the Taifun, on the contact pin that screws up into the tank. I want to add another one to a couple of my Taifuns that seem to have developed a small leak & leaves a drop or 2 of e-juice on my mod when I take the tank off.

I was told I could use dental floss, but for my own piece of mine I'd just rather use the tiny rubber washers. I had an extra one in a Taifun kit, & I used it on 1, and I found it was a tremendous idea, it stopped the leaking & I don't have to keep screwing out the contact pin every time I change mods, which I think is an added benefit.

So if anyone can direct me where I can buy a few more, I'd be really grateful...:)

Fishee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just picked one up from the local hardware store. They had all sorts of sizes.
Maybe try your local one.
I picked it up for a quarter.

Mommay

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I bought a huge set of o-rings at Harbor Freight for less than $8 - fairly decent quality & a whole boat load of 'em.

Anus Braun

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Goto yer local pneumatics supply/repair house...they'll likely have ANY manner of seals, O-rings, in five or six types; grommets, ect.

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The orings on those small silver double sided screwdrivers that comes with most atys work well under the 510 connector if you're trying to get more length out of it or I guess trying to seal it up.
May be a quick & easy thing to try as most of us have a ton of those.

dr_rox

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Those black rubber o-rings from HF are kinda crappy. The light green or red/brown nitrile o-rings they sell in the smaller kits are much better quality and seal better. They are also more resistant to reacting with eliquid.
However, the best seals for odd places in atties or mod center pins I have made out of silicone rubber and a leatherman's multi-size hole puncher. The silicone comes from carto/drip tip condoms or whatever is laying around (a lot of baking stuff is made from this). I also test the liners from bottle caps to see if they are teflon. That material is good for a lot of different applications also. It is less compressible, seals well, heat resistant, and insulates.
You can make many types of seals there is no o-ring for.
By sandwiching silicone between teflon you will get a heat resistant expansion plug.

VU Sponsors