small bore 810 drip tip?

Discussion in 'Vaping Accessories (Mod Stands, Drip Tips, etc)' started by 2c5000, Dec 20, 2017.

1. 2c5000

2c5000 Bronze Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    i know the title of this thread sounds like an oxymoron. whats the point of an 810 drip tip with a small bore? isnt that the point of an 810 drip tip... for the larger bore?

well yes, but i prefer a smaller bore drip tip. and i want to use them on my RDAs with 810 connections in the cap... WITHOUT using an adapter. do they exist?

looking to run them on my Vandy Vape Mesh RDA. i do like the tall skinny 810 tip that came with my Goon clone (3FVape), but it does not fit my VVM. so i assume because the goon is a clone that the drip tip isnt the right size. could be wrong.

ive looked up and down FT and 3FVs sites and see a lot of options that say “fits Goon, etc,...”, but im not sure if they will fit because of my goon clones tip experience. can anyone confirm if a real Goon tip fits the VVM?

2. Hype

Hype New Member

Blog Posts:
    Yes they fit .

Letitia9 and 2c5000 like this.
  3. UncleRJ

UncleRJ Will write reviews for Beer! Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Platinum Contributor Member For 3 Years ECF Refugee Reviewer

Blog Posts:
    Damn, a genuine blast from the past!

Been AGES since anyone brought up the 810 series!

Letitia9 likes this.
  4. 2c5000

Blog Posts:
    perfect ty! i figured as much. just wanted to be sure before placing any orders. the cloned goon tip had me questioning it.

am i to assume that this has been discussed to death? my apologies, but i didnt see this subject covered. esp one asking for small bore 810 DTs.

just searched and didnt see any topics on the subject.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2017
    Letitia9 likes this.
  5. Synphul

Synphul Silver Contributor Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    Wish I knew the answer. Wouldn't mind something tapered like an obs engine dt, 810 fitment but with a narrower bore. Something between 510 and 810, have had crappy luck finding anything that fits that. I realize there's adapters but there's a huge difference between 510 bore (not just the size of the drip tip that fits in the cap) vs an 810 with nothing in between. Like having to choose between a pizza pocket and some jumbo 26" pie.

2c5000 and Letitia9 like this.
  6. Letitia9

Letitia9 Gold Contributor

Blog Posts:
    Uncle was talking about old school 810 connection, the 510 pins came along later.

2c5000 likes this.
  7. 2c5000

Blog Posts:
    absolutely. i want the 810 connection, but smaller bore. no adapters :rolleyes:. i know a guy who does 3D printing and is damn good at it. anyway i am working with him on some drip tips that fit this bill.

at this point we need to determine which material is FDA compliant that he can print with. can anyone point me in a direction to figuring that out? is there a resource for this kind of info.

ohhhhh i see. ty.

Letitia9 likes this.
  8. Synphul

Blog Posts:
    I can't offer much help for compliant materials. I did find a few 810's on china based sites like fasttech but their drip tips don't always have the best fitment I've found. Sort of a roll of the dice. One had multiple holes in the base like a spit back guard that I thought might restrict airflow a bit. If too much I could always drill it out.

At this point though I've been talking with lawless drip tips and he said he can do custom bores. He makes them from various colors of resin. For me personally I think a happy medium between the 510 and 810 bore is liable to be somewhere around 8mm to 9mm diameter. Still airier than 510 (or else I'd just use 510 and an adapter) but not as fully wide open as widebore 810. He said it would be no issue. Not 100% sure about price but as far as I can tell the 810's run around $25. They're turned on a lathe from a block of resin as opposed to 3d printed.

Sure beats the cost of a lathe, even small desktop models for turning pen blanks run around $50-70 for the super cheapos, decent ones for any amount of real use are in the $350-500 range. That doesn't include tools (at least not quality or all the necessary knives), additional chuck setups or materials. I've seen some of the lawless tips posted here on VU and in video reviews, they look really nice.

2c5000 and Letitia9 like this.
  9. 2c5000

Blog Posts:
    good lookin out. $25 is a bit steep, bit i may entertain it. is there a site? im not familiar with lawless.

10. KingPin!

KingPin! Senior Moderator Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Gold Contributor Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    I know it’s not ideal but worth throwing this out there anyway as a potential option to get hold of the drip tip haha

The CoilArt Dpro has an 810 drip tip with a 510 bore and could be what you are looking for I believe?

Also the conspiracy rda (my favourite dual coil) utilises pretty much exactly the same drip tip

pics below (I also like a taller DT but this sits plenty high enough)

1FF11BA0-CE1E-4C0D-8FCB-DFDC0D4E6934.jpeg
    1D0689CA-2DA1-41BF-8303-A8D29E5E9875.jpeg
    951C76A3-50E3-46D3-9F03-E9DC1AA56903.jpeg
    28C0791A-58B8-4803-B702-077AFCD1E6BC.jpeg

2c5000 and Synphul like this.
  11. Synphul

Blog Posts:
    2c5000 likes this.
  12. Synphul

Blog Posts:
    @KingPin! That's definitely another possible solution. Doesn't look too bad though not sure how it would fit in rda's with what is it, the grennedy? type 810's. Aka the 810 stem where it slips into the top cap is smooth and the top cap of the rda like the csmnt and mad dog have the oring inside them. That one looks like it has a groove for an o-ring similar to the 810's where the oring is on the drip tip itself.

Here's a pic since I don't know what the proper term is for this part of the drip tip.
    [​IMG]

May not be the case for the op, not sure which atomizers they're using. Some do use the 810's with the groove and oring on the tip itself. That's the problem I had with finding tips on fasttech, most have the ring on the drip tip. Even if removing the oring I don't know if they'd fit the particular atomizers I've got.

2c5000 and KingPin! like this.