Become a Patron!

Silver Cloud Estates?

Neil Hart

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I hear there are some amazing Vanillas at Silver Cloud Estates. Has anyone tried any of their flavorings? Any advice would be appreciated.

Kleinman

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I would like to know as well. I ordered some Pound Cake flavoring from them and it had a specific warning on it not to use it in vape products.
Whats that about? Is something in it unsafe? Or are they just covering their asses?

VinceV1

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I would like to know as well. I ordered some Pound Cake flavoring from them and it had a specific warning on it not to use it in vape products.
Whats that about? Is something in it unsafe? Or are they just covering their asses?
Liability mainly I suppose.

There are MDS sheets on their Website (which is a good thing).

I would not try flavors like cake, chocolate or caramel, because, it is pretty sure there is diacetyle in some form.

I don't know if it's good (or which ones are) and I don't know if it take huge amount or not.

SailCat

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
There's a link below each of their flavorings that opens a popup info window, The text doesn't allow copy & paste but the upshot is that they make their products exclusively for use in foods and that it's not intended for topical use or inhalation.

Yes, it could be a liability issue but it's just as likely the flavorings have not been tested for e-liquids and may well contain any or all of those GRAS in food chems that may not be safe to vape. You might Email them & just ask outright.

Wish you well!

Crago44

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ive ordered and used their pound cake and strawberry natural. Both are very weak flavors but both very good. The strawberry has an absolute wonderful smell and taste. More like a strawberry glaze or jam.
Oh and I also have their blueberry but I have not vaped it yet, the smell is a very strong but not the smell I was looking for in a blueberry.

SailCat

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Since I've no yet had the pleasure, welcome ChefCragoArdee.

There are flavorings intended for our purpose (cooking, for which I share a passion) and those intended for mixing e-liquids (a different but similar passion). We have found the latter to not only be far more appropriate (stronger hence requiring less and accurate in this application) but also much safer (lab tested for chemicals which are not recommended or unsafe for inhalation). FlavourArt is a forum favorite although other manufacturers (Inawera, The Flavor Apprentice, Hangsen, Capella's and more) offer flavors which are suited for our purpose that work particularly well.

That Silver Cloud Estates is conspicuously absent from that list does not mean they are anything but excellent for creating a tasty dish but there are preferable alternatives for the crafting of e-liquids.

All the best!

VinceV1

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Flavourart is the only product tested... so thinking otherwise is an illusion.

Natural extracts can be good, if someone knows what to avoid definitly.

SailCat

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
FalvourArt is definitely better tested. I try not to instill personal prejudice on anyone..

VelvetA

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That Silver Cloud Estates is conspicuously absent from that list does not mean they are anything but excellent for creating a tasty dish
Actually, it means that Silver Cloud will NOT sell to anyone for use in vapor products. It's stated emphatically several places on their website. And the eliquid vendors that were using them had sales to them discontinued.

I have/use about 10 of their flavors so far - I like all of them and found them to be quite strong/potent, except for one. (cherimoya)

SailCat

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hi, VelvetA! 'Delighted to hear that the SCE flavors are working for you, and 600ml will last a good, long time. I didn't look up cherimoya but it doesn't sound tasty. :)

Yeah, I mentioned above about the link on every flavor stating not for e-liquid use. It would certainly be comforting to find out if that's just a liability issue or one of safety.

Crago44

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I was on the hunt for the perfect pound cake vape. As far as being weak yes I do consider they'll weaker then FA and most capella flavors. The pound cake lacks depth even after 2-half week steep.

VU Sponsors