Become a Patron!

Silly VW setting

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
All my mods are VW. But some of them are the digital screen version (Vaporflask, E-Mech, E-LVT, Innokin VV v3...) while others are screen-less (eGrip, Cool Fire 2... that sort of thing), with some kind of a "power ring" that only offers a few preset power positions.

The developers who coded the firmare on the devices that sport a screen seem to make a point of showing how great and useful a screen is, by letting you adjust the power with a 0.1W precision. But... really, how stupid is that? When was the last time you thought "Hmm, 30W is a bit much. I'll back down to 29.9W." 28W perhaps, but there's really no need for that much granularity in the power selection.

There are like 8 positions to choose from on my eGrip's power ring, to choose some power level between 7 and 20W. I don't even know what the power levels are in watts: all I know is that there's, slightly-less-wimpy, wimpy, medium, medium-plus, medium-kickass, kickass and burnt-flavor. And quite frankly, I don't really need nothing more. Do you?

I wish chip makers would make the power setting LESS precise in mods with a screen. Something like a 0.5W precision between 1W and12W, and 1 or 2W above that. But certainly not 0.1W throughout the entire range. It would make it much faster to change the power level, at almost zero cost in flexibility.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I do use small increments sometimes to dial a flavor in. I could likely use .5 just fine, but it's nice to have.

They usually speed up as you hold the button, so it's is only a few seconds to wait. I don't normally change power settings that often though.

Hell, I still use my Buzz Pro that just has a dial with no numbers at all for VV. :D

anendeloflorien

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I totally get what you're saying. It seems to me like the next step for these mod/chip manufacturers (now that we can get regulated mods with more power than anyone could ever use) should be to allow more end-user customization. Most already have a port that is linked to the chip for software upgrades. It'd be awesome if that could be used to adjust settings like what increment the wattage steps in or max firing time etc....

I would personally like to see more developers adding user settable presets to their VW mods. With the greater range offered by the 100+ Watt mods, it would be nice to be able to quickly change settings when changing from tank to RDA or vice-versa...

mike-c

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I would personally like to see more developers adding user settable presets to their VW mods. With the greater range offered by the 100+ Watt mods, it would be nice to be able to quickly change settings when changing from tank to RDA or vice-versa...

I agree. Customizable presets would be much easier. Also, since I'm always asked if my GI2 has wifi, I'm kinda fond of that notion. If I could check my email on my box mod that'd be awsome. Maybe even an mp3 player built in. That'd kick ass!

Joshua Iles

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I agree. Customizable presets would be much easier. Also, since I'm always asked if my GI2 has wifi, I'm kinda fond of that notion. If I could check my email on my box mod that'd be awsome. Maybe even an mp3 player built in. That'd kick ass!
They actually have a few that do that over at fast tech, haven't seen one with a web browser or anything, but they do have mp3 players and alarm clocks.

mike-c

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Give it some time... Somebody will come out with one sooner or later.

Joshua Iles

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Me personally all I need my mod to do is adjust up down tell me my battery life & ohms, that's it. I have a phone for everything else. If I wanted that I'd buy a vape case for my phone.

mike-c

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I tried to google an mp3 box mod but couldn't find anything. Do you remember what that mod was called?

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Me personally all I need my mod to do is adjust up down tell me my battery life & ohms, that's it. I have a phone for everything else. If I wanted that I'd buy a vape case for my phone.

Funny you should say that: when smartphones started to appear on the market, everybody and their dogs were saying "I don't want my phone to have a calculator, an agenda or go on the net. For that I have my PDA."

The more things change, the more they stay the same. That's what happens when you get old enough to notice when a new reality collides with the one you're used to: you become a reactionary :)

mike-c

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'd like for my box mod to do it all actually. Why carry a phone and a box mod if one unit could do it all?

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'd like for my box mod to do it all actually. Why carry a phone and a box mod if one unit could do it all?
They do make Vape Case for Galaxy and Iphones....they even have sub ohm editions.

mike-c

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'll have to look a little deeper into this. Im stuck with my galaxy s3 until next year. Everything I've found has been for s4 and up.

Joshua Iles

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I tried to google an mp3 box mod but couldn't find anything. Do you remember what that mod was called?
Don't remember the name, but I know fast tech had one. I'm pretty sure focal did too. Maybe they're not selling them anymore?

mike-c

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Pretty cool, but at 5 volts (non-vv) 1600 mah wouldn't last me very long. I think I'll wait for a bigger box to come out.

VU Sponsors