Become a Patron!

Sigelei Raptor Mod 100w

phipp13

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Finally got my Sigelei 100w mod in the mail today from Vapenw. (A Vapor Joe Deal Of The Day) I bought it on the Pre-buy in early August. It took much longer to get it but they didn't guarantee when it would get shipped out. Well worth the wait and only $99 bucks! I paid almost that for my Hana 30w that is ok but, Segelei mod craftsmanship is much better! It's internals are put together much nicer. It hits like a Truck Too! It's about 1/4" wider and 1/2" taller, it takes 2 18650 batteries vs 1 18650 in the Hana mod. Plus a lot more things done much nicer than the Hana mod. IMHO Segelei hit a home run with this mod. Thanks Vapor Joe for the deal of the day hook up! Phipp 13

Last edited:

phipp13

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I will post up some Pics soon. I have some computer woes. I just wrapped up some 22 GA Kanthal 6, 3mm wraps duel coil = .2 ohm in my Tobh Atty Vaping Uncle Junks 6mg Jon Wayne @ 40 watts. It choked my out pretty good! Jon Wayne is a super smooth vape but the Segelei hits like a Truck! I'm in love... Phipp

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Finally got my Sigelei 100w mod in the mail today from Vapenw. (A Vapor Joe Deal Of The Day) I bought it on the Pre-buy in early August. It took much longer to get it but they didn't guarantee when it would get shipped out. Well worth the wait and only $99 bucks! I paid almost that for my Hana 30w that is ok but, Segelei mod craftsmanship is much better! It's internals are put together much nicer. It hits like a Truck Too! It's about 1/4" wider and 1/2" taller, it takes 2 18650 batteries vs 1 18650 in the Hana mod. Plus a lot more things done much nicer than the Hana mod. IMHO Segelei hit a home run with this mod. Thanks Vapor Joe for the deal of the day hook up! Phipp 13

Did it come with the standard Vapenw warranty?

AKA you bought it and don't come crying to us if the sucker does not work?

Please, PLEASE prove me wrong!

phipp13

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The Sigelei, comes with a 180 day warranty. Must provide proof of purchase and fill out your warranty card and send it in. The removable cover has earth magnets to hold it on and screws. There even is a set screw in the bottom of the 510 connector that adjusts up and down. this will ensure that all mods will make the electrical connection and vape. The only thing missing with this mod is the recharge plug. That will be added on my mod. It has some stick on carbon fiber wrap panels. I have worked with carbon fiber and it looks awesome but, if it gets into your skin it buries itself in unlike fiberglass and it's a bitch to get out.

UncleRJ

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Let us know how your warranty repair goes!

phipp13

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
there is a noticable difference in the quality of the two. my DNA mod is 2 months old, the Sig is new.
054_zps9ae14263.jpg
Pics of my DNA and Raptor Mods
058_zps388743d0.jpg

052_zps52fb1dcc.jpg
051_zps785f9a68.jpg

057_zps1f541fd4.jpg

phipp13

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yo uncle RJ don't jinx me already i just got the Segelei yesterday. :)

UncleRJ

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Yo uncle RJ don't jinx me already i just got the Segelei yesterday. :)

Sorry, no jinx intended!

My your new mod live a long and cloud filled life:D

Fuzzy Bruce

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have nothing but good to say about Sigelei. Would have a 100W if I could swing it.

UncleRJ

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
eek

horribly mismatched batteries, shouldn't be long before we start seeing people start fires with these 100w+ devices i suppose

I saw that myself. IMHO should be a pair dedicated to that device.

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
eek

horribly mismatched batteries, shouldn't be long before we start seeing people start fires with these 100w+ devices i suppose
Actually they look to be both VTC4's. One has been rewrapped by Efest.

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I wish they had an identical 50 watter like that , i have zero interest in 100 watts and the 50 watt Siglei 50 watt box mod has square buttons (hate). 180 day warranty , dang , thats a real bummer , better than nothing but c, mon , how bout a year .

It appears the Sig 100 watter stated it came with a full one year warranty initially but recently changed to 6 months , if Asmodus is behind it i'm not surprised at all .

Last edited:

phipp13

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Ya, they were both 2500's I'll keep an eye on that,my 2 Efest batteries were on the charger and i wasn't going to wait any longer to fire it up. I've been waiting since 9 August for this thing.I don't vape @ more than 35 watts anyway. The 2 18650's last much longer and I'm not on the fire button as long as i used to be. Honestly a 50 watt mod is more than enough for me. This mod has more power than one would ever need and it Hasn't gotten warm/hot like my DNA has.

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Ya, they were both 2500's I'll keep an eye on that,my 2 Efest batteries were on the charger and i wasn't going to wait any longer to fire it up. I've been waiting since 9 August for this thing.I don't vape @ more than 35 watts anyway. The 2 18650's last much longer and I'm not on the fire button as long as i used to be. Honestly a 50 watt mod is more than enough for me. This mod has more power than one would ever need and it Hasn't gotten warm/hot like my DNA has.

I agree but after reading some other responses there are some that 100 watts won't even satisfy , one guy said that as soon as he got the 50 watt he new he needed a lot more .

When he got the 100 he said he thinks 200 will get it done but he doesn't know how long and will most likely be upgrading again LOL.

Different strokes for different folks i suppose.

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Depends on which one. The 20 amp they claim is 35 amps is supposed to be an LG. The 30 amp purple is supposedly a VTC4. Hard to keep track on the rewrapped batts. :)

I also bought 1 from vapenw during Vapor Joe's Deal of the Day and waited for my order to arrive also. In the meantime, I jumped on 101vape's "in stock" deal of this box mod. Both arrived today in the mail. Although they both are the same mod on the inside and outside, the one from vapenw had the carbon fiber stickers but not 101vape's. Same boxes, same shrink wrap, same extra screws and blue screwdriver. At least I can tell the difference when I grab for one. As the OP said, these hit like freight trains! Here's a pic with some VTC5's I got from a local B&M here.
2 Sigeleis & 10 VTC5's resize.jpg
Was testing out a KF @ .8 ohms 70 watts but it's too much for that atty. I'll use these mods with my sub ohm builds as a rule. The TOBH V2 with the ChuffEnuff DT at .1 ohm delivers!
(sorry for the mess in the background)

I also bought 1 from vapenw during Vapor Joe's Deal of the Day and waited for my order to arrive also. In the meantime, I jumped on 101vape's "in stock" deal of this box mod. Both arrived today in the mail. Although they both are the same mod on the inside and outside, the one from vapenw had the carbon fiber stickers but not 101vape's. Same boxes, same shrink wrap, same extra screws and blue screwdriver. At least I can tell the difference when I grab for one. As the OP said, these hit like freight trains! Here's a pic with some VTC5's I got from a local B&M here.
View attachment 6831
Was testing out a KF @ .8 ohms 70 watts but it's too much for that atty. I'll use these mods with my sub ohm builds as a rule. The TOBH V2 with the ChuffEnuff DT at .1 ohm delivers!
(sorry for the mess in the background)

Are the Carbon Fiber stickers on both sides of the mod?

dave/jayce

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I wish you the best of luck with this mod. I had a very unpleasant experience with my first and only purchase from sigelei. I just had the pleasure to play with one of those and i did like it alot. I just have no trust in segelei since my experience was awful

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I wish you the best of luck with this mod. I had a very unpleasant experience with my first and only purchase from sigelei. I just had the pleasure to play with one of those and i did like it alot. I just have no trust in segelei since my experience was awful

Well that certainly sucks , i new Asmodus was as bad as it gets but Sig , damn man.

Nice I just got mine yesterday (Monday)... I don't know I'd say they got a home run, I think I'd say more like they slid into third.

1) The lack of the USB charging port is a let down.
2) The battery contacts are giant lugs of copper, not copper based springs. Over time it's going to deform batteries installed.
3) The copper adjustable center is both good and bad, but you got to adjust it. Any kind of slightly off contact with it (like a tank with an adjustable center pint) will cause your OHM's to go all over the place which brings me to my 4th gripe.
4) The tanks go flush against a relatively smooth surface of the top of the mod and that causes the tanks to loosen very easily making a bad contact and causing OHM's to jump all over the place especially if the center pin isn't adjusted to make the tank sit tight.
5) The battery cover magnets should be stronger for the weight of the cover, while it won't fall off on it's own, it is very easy to remove. I may have to add additional magnets where the screw holes are right now.

BUT the dual 18650's and the chip's DC-DC conversion make those annoyances something I'm willing to live with. just have to remember to get a second one soon for one this one fails.

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Nice I just got mine yesterday (Monday)... I don't know I'd say they got a home run, I think I'd say more like they slid into third.

2) The battery contacts are giant lugs of copper, not copper based springs. Over time it's going to deform batteries installed.
3) The copper adjustable center is both good and bad, but you got to adjust it. Any kind of slightly off contact with it (like a tank with an adjustable center pint) will cause your OHM's to go all over the place which brings me to my 4th gripe.
4) The tanks go flush against a relatively smooth surface of the top of the mod and that causes the tanks to loosen very easily making a bad contact and causing OHM's to jump all over the place especially if the center pin isn't adjusted to make the tank sit tight.
5) The battery cover magnets should be stronger for the weight of the cover, while it won't fall off on it's own, it is very easy to remove. I may have to add additional magnets where the screw holes are right now.

BUT the dual 18650's and the chip's DC-DC conversion make those annoyances something I'm willing to live with. just have to remember to get a second one soon for one this one fails.

Some great observations , thanks for the insight .

I just want to follow up with a clarification. The top contacts do seem to be backed by a spring with a little give. They have seem to have loosened up so my statement about battery deforming may have been premature.

mark

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I've had my Sigelei 100 watt for 2 weeks now, Really can't find even one negative. Like everything else, time will tell. But for the time being, I'm loving it.

pony

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Maybe you guys can clear this up for me...

Seeing the name of the mod ; 100 watt "raptor" mod i was expecting it to have a raptor chip. Nope. Its an sx chip.
Is raptor just what they named the device or was anyone else expecting a raptor chip?

BigDaddyQ

Member For 4 Years

There are two versions now of the Sigelei 100W. The first version was sent out weeks ago then a second version that is making it's way out. From the outside they look relatively the same, but the inside is where it counts. The battery sled has been changed and labeled better. The ribbon used to help get the batteries out is better. Gone are the square chunks of metal in the bottom of the sled that were cutting and tearing the battery wraps. In their place are rounded copper contacts making it easier to get batteries in and out without cutting the wrap to shreds. The adjustable 510 has been changed from pure copper to copper plated brass. The pure copper was so soft it was causing the adjustable reverse threaded pin to get cross thread and/or stuck. And while it make cause a bit of a voltage drop, the copper plated brass is much easier to screw in and out without stripping. Overall the second version is a vast improvement over the first version. As for the "Raptor" name, I honestly have no clue where it came from. I've only seen it referred to that by a couple of websites and some ebay ads. Sigelei just calls it the 100W. It's a custom YiHi SX330 chip. I like my version 2. Unloaded my version 1 just so I could get version 2 to replace it. So far, I get good power and great battery life out of it. So much so that between it, and my little iStick for fill and go work mod, all my mechs have been cleaned up and put away.

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I would like to see the SX 350 chip being used in these mods .

BigDaddyQ

Member For 4 Years
Well considering the 100 watt firmware patch for the SX350 was just made available today (10/9/2014) I would guess Sigelei went with the chip they could start production already with. Prior to today, the SX350 only went up to 60 watts.

phipp13

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Good observations by all. In my Deep knowledge of vaping ( Puddle) and my extensive research ( started vapeing 6/12/14) My comments above are just my opinion. As Y'all can see my vapeing expirience resume very limited at best. Vape on! Phipp13:)

There are two versions now of the Sigelei 100W. The first version was sent out weeks ago then a second version that is making it's way out. From the outside they look relatively the same, but the inside is where it counts. The battery sled has been changed and labeled better. The ribbon used to help get the batteries out is better. Gone are the square chunks of metal in the bottom of the sled that were cutting and tearing the battery wraps. In their place are rounded copper contacts making it easier to get batteries in and out without cutting the wrap to shreds. The adjustable 510 has been changed from pure copper to copper plated brass. The pure copper was so soft it was causing the adjustable reverse threaded pin to get cross thread and/or stuck. And while it make cause a bit of a voltage drop, the copper plated brass is much easier to screw in and out without stripping. Overall the second version is a vast improvement over the first version. As for the "Raptor" name, I honestly have no clue where it came from. I've only seen it referred to that by a couple of websites and some ebay ads. Sigelei just calls it the 100W. It's a custom YiHi SX330 chip. I like my version 2. Unloaded my version 1 just so I could get version 2 to replace it. So far, I get good power and great battery life out of it. So much so that between it, and my little iStick for fill and go work mod, all my mechs have been cleaned up and put away.

I have what seems to be the 2nd version, but maybe a first version set of adjustable center pins.

The Raptor name seems the be a name that deal sites gave it and vensors picked up on. Maybe to separate it from a similar timed release of the 50w

I will continue to have my love/hate relationship with mine... Maybe the cloudpor T8 or the God mod will restore my sanity...

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

Oh yea, and if you are like me finding the center pin too loose and it is adjusting itself. A very very small amount of purple loctite on just the bottom two threads made all the difference in the world.

VU Sponsors