Become a Patron!

Sigelei 150w Batteries (HELP)

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Alright. I assume that having too many amps for what I use is no problem then?
No problem at all. Even better in my opinion. I would get 20a batteries. You'll get great runtime vaping at lower wattages while still having a very capable battery that will support cranking it up if you ever choose to. LG HE2's or Samsung 25r's are very popular and trusted. They've worked very well for me and many others. There are a couple others people are using with success, but I only have experience with the two I mentioned and vtc4's.

Jack Merridew

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks a ton. I'll do some research on the Samsung 25r's.

Slurp812

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
True.

My conclusion.. Use a mech.. The math is simpler ;-) just don't create a short, use crap batteries or build lower than the cells limit and you're golden.

Thinking about it, the math involved with regulated mods is much more complex. Forgive my small brain fart :)

Harder math, but easier to use. Just set watts, vape. Crank higher. Vape more. :D :D We all have our preferences. I just love gadgets and fiddling with them.

madmonkey

The Road Warrior
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Alright. I assume that having too many amps for what I use is no problem then?

Nope, there is no such thing as being too safe....it's better to have a battery with a 30 amp continuous drain limit and never drain it faster than 15 amp than vise versa.

With the exception of something like VTC batteries where you're paying for brand hype usually the batteries MAH rating and not is discharge rating is what determines the price. Batteries with higher storage capacities cost more than their lower capacity counterparts...

That actually works out to our advantage as vapers most of the time as we need the higher drain limits and most high drain cells have lower capacities. Unless you plan to run your Segelei 150 or a mod like that set over a hundred watts all the time you should be more than alright with something like 25R's or LG HE4's....

But in my experience I get about the same amount of run time with my Segelei with my VTC3's as I do my LG HD2's and there is only a 5 amp continuous drain limit difference between them. The LG's have 400 mah more battery life in spec but in my real world use the actual run time difference is minimal...but like I said, that's just my experience...YMMV :)

Jack Merridew

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Nope, there is no such thing as being too safe....it's better to have a battery with a 30 amp continuous drain limit and never drain it faster than 15 amp than vise versa.

With the exception of something like VTC batteries where you're paying for brand hype usually the batteries MAH rating and not is discharge rating is what determines the price. Batteries with higher storage capacities cost more than their lower capacity counterparts...

That actually works out to our advantage as vapers most of the time as we need the higher drain limits and most high drain cells have lower capacities. Unless you plan to run your Segelei 150 or a mod like that set over a hundred watts all the time you should be more than alright with something like 25R's or LG HE4's....

But in my experience I get about the same amount of run time with my Segelei with my VTC3's as I do my LG HD2's and there is only a 5 amp continuous drain limit difference between them. The LG's have 400 mah more battery life in spec but in my real world use the actual run time difference is minimal...but like I said, that's just my experience...YMMV :)

Just by curiosity, how long do they last?

Jack Merridew

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
That's cool. I hope to get a setup that will last me at least a day.

madmonkey

The Road Warrior
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Just by curiosity, how long do they last?

depends on how much I use the device...I use my vaporsharks for my ADV's because they're smaller and easier to pocket but running my sig with a .24 ohm coil I get a full day of fairly heavy use with either my HD'2 or my VTC 3's .....I might get a little longer use out of my 25R's but I also notice after a heavy chain vaping session that if I take the door off the batteries sometimes they feel a bit warm....nothing dangerous, but still warmer than my other batts just the same....at lower wattages that wouldn't happen unless you have a bad battery. Like I said before though, this is just my personal experience with them, your mileage may very :)

DickyT

╭∩╮(-_-)╭∩╮
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I run 2 married pairs of LG HE4's in my Sig 150 that I rotate daily. I usually run under 50 watts, so no need for the 150 except I wanted it and like the large size. Having the headroom is always nice though. I did crank it up once, just to experience it on a .2 ohm build. Way to hot for me....

I am clumsy and knock stuff over with my elbows on my desk. It is harder to knock over due to it's size...

My LG's last me all day, vaping .3 ohm 26g twisted builds. I put 15-20ml\day through it.

NemesisVaper

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Running a 0.4 build on my Sig 100 at 70W I get a day easily out of a pair of HE4. Very pleased with that.

Just be aware that for me the battery gauge gets to around 20% and all of a sudden I get the device giving a low battery warning. I'm assuming this is due to voltage drop under load and not having the oomph to drive the board to give 70W.

Not an issue as I charge them at 20%. Take care to rotate battery position in a series mod regularly. A multi meter on them occasionally after the Sig says theyre finished is a good idea too.

MarkS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Running a 0.4 build on my Sig 100 at 70W I get a day easily out of a pair of HE4. Very pleased with that.

Just be aware that for me the battery gauge gets to around 20% and all of a sudden I get the device giving a low battery warning. I'm assuming this is due to voltage drop under load and not having the oomph to drive the board to give 70W.

Not an issue as I charge them at 20%. Take care to rotate battery position in a series mod regularly. A multi meter on them occasionally after the Sig says theyre finished is a good idea too.
I only let mine get down to 50%-40% then I recharge. I try to not go below 3.5V.

NemesisVaper

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Sounds good to me, whatever you feel comfiest doing.

If I remember at 50 % in my 100W the cells were at 3.67-3.68V. At 40% you should be about bang on.

As always with batteries in series I do check em from time to time but every time I'm surprised to see them be pretty much identical in voltage. Swapping them around every 40% usage must do something to keep them even I guess.

NemesisVaper

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I know I said I wouldn't but I picked up a pair of efest 2500mAh for emergency use in my Sig on Monday. Only reason I gave in waw they're now stating a 20A drain on them. Still showing a 35A pulse which we know is incomplete info and stretching the truth. The girl in my local Vape shop is cute so maybe lack of blood to the brain contributed to the purchase.

So far so good. They're almost definitely LG and are performing the same as my HE4 and any HE2 I've ever used.

Point of this post is that if they're all you can get go for it. As mentioned above at 50% on the Sig they were at 3.67 and 3.66 respectively. Just took them out a minute ago and they're at 3.30 and 3.29. I swapped position of them at 60% on the screen and was happy with the life. As per my user name I do mech mainly but in the interest of science I was hitting my Sig primarily.

So i could use the
Samsung 18650 30Q Battery?
Nope, I've done my research and it's 40A input and 40A output. What I've posted about battery safety here is not 'misinformation'. The device can pull and push 40A which, for 2 cells in series, will always exceed the cells continuous rating. Mostly all cells on the market now are 20A continuous and 2 18650's in series still only gives you 20A continuous. The device can potentially draw 2x the safe continuous discharge from your batteries.

YiHi chip specs below for the SX330 150W chip (used in the Sig 150).

View attachment 18401

http://www.yihiecigar.com/products_info/YiHiEcigar-SX330-V3S-150W-279032.html

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Those are 20 amp batteries. There's no such thing as a 40 amp continuous 18650. Awt's are rewraps. Best to stick with sony, samsung and lg only. And use a known trusted vendor like liionwholesale.com. Don't use eBay or Amazon.

VenisEnvy

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Don't quote me on this, because I am looking threw websites as I am writing this but I believe that part of the chipset is you can use it in an unregulated mode like a mech mod. Also, 40 amps is the max input it can handle...it doesn't mean you have to push it that hard. To get a 40 amp draw at 150 watts you'd have to build like a .095 coil. The beauty of these regulated high wattage box mods is you can build at a higher resistance and still get the high wattage out of them. If you just do straight ohm's law math then a .326 ohm coil would draw 21.43 amps and that makes it possible to run that with a pair of Samsung 20R batteries....true, you're pushing them to their max but it's still possible. And I know with regulated mods there is the variance of amps drawn vs. amps output...it was just a crude, quick example. A .25 build running at 100 watts is around the 20 amp mark and that, for me, is more than enough power to fry my lungs :)

I am not trying to start an argument about batteries, and everyone that has read my posts knows I am huge on battery safety and had my share of shorts and scares...but...that being said....20 amp continuous batteries should power most peoples wattage needs and builds without a problem for the time being. I still am an old school mech user...every time I go to buy a regulated mod like a Segelei I some how end up with another mech :) (do'h) But even so, I never build below .25...not because I am scared of pushing my VTC batteries to their 30 amp limits...but because I am personally happy vaping at 40-60 watts. And honestly, I think that is plenty of power for a newer vaper. Including myself and the few I've managed to convert to vaping over the last couple years I haven't seen anyone take a hit off one of my 50 watt builds for the first time that didn't choke :)

The setup you got @Kellie should be more than enough to keep you happy and satisfy your vaping needs for the time being and for awhile...and depending on what gauge of wire you have will determine what you build your resistance at. And if and when you're ready to go past the 100 watt mark there will be VTC batteries there to buy and hopefully this year we will finally get more battery makers that are not scared of their product being used for vaping and start putting out higher amp limit batteries again like the old samsung 15m's, AW's old 1600 mah 24amp 18650 which was and is a great battery, and the famous VTC4's.

Hope you enjoy your new set up, and as always....happy vaping! :)

OMG. Thanks so much for this post . It's helped me out a lot. I'm getting into building bigger and it all can be confusing. :gaah:

VU Sponsors