Become a Patron!

Should I spend the extra £15 and get the sigelei?

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi people. Today my other halfs sig 30 decided to not put out a wattage above around 7, even when put to the max wattage. I have took it apart, all looks to be correct, but no joy.

As this was part of her birthday present, I am getting a replacement this weekend. I want to get a replacement she could use an RDA on if she wishes with a few more watts though.

50Wattts will be plently for her.

All I am wondering, is it worth me buying the sigelei 50 watt which is £45, or save £15 and get the kangside s500 for £30 which is also 50watt?

I hear sigelei is quality, my 75 and 150 are great, but the 30 has first had a charging port issue, which I fixed, then it stopped working completely to charge, although I use an external charger, that feature was handy for her at home when she had no access to my charger or batteries.

I hear the 50 used the same body/sled as the 75, and the 75 feels high quality indeed. There is no way the charging port would come loose on the 75.

So, should I get the sigelei, as I have only had problems with the 30, or save some money and get her the kangerside and just charge the batteries in my nitecore charger?

Thanks people.

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Anybody, the fix did not last the night, and is now not working to fix it. I need to buy her the mod on Saturday, so sigelei or kangside for her? She will be using it with a nautilus mini to give up smoking.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I never heard of Kangside. I'd rather spend more money to get a quality product. My two Sigelei 100 Plus and 150W haven't let me down so far. So, I recommend to get the Sigelei.

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I never heard of Kangside. I'd rather spend more money to get a quality product. My two Sigelei 100 Plus and 150W haven't let me down so far. So, I recommend to get the Sigelei.
Neither have In all honesty, just the price was tempting. I'm going for the sigelei though, as I have had the 150 for a while, no problems, and also the 75TC which is a great, solid product. I think I just had bad luck on the sigelei 30 watt mini, so am getting her the 50 as I don't want to buy another 30, with one already breaking on me it put me off a bit.

And at least I know it has a safe circuit in incase she needs to top the battery up at home using the USB charger, so think it is worth it just for that for her.

LuTang

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
i would get an istick 50w. here in the states they are down to $29.99 usd. some people had problems with theirs, but i've used mine heavily for the past 5 months or so with no problems. battery life is great too.

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
i would get an istick 50w. here in the states they are down to $29.99 usd. some people had problems with theirs, but i've used mine heavily for the past 5 months or so with no problems. battery life is great too.
Thats really cheap! I've already got her the sigelei now though, she loves it so all good, real easy for her to use adjusting the power, unfortunately no nicotine base turned up today, but I got the shipping email this morning. It usually comes next day in my area, so hopefully tommorow I can make her some 6MG to use, and help stop the stinkies.

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have been Jim. I've been vaping, but I give my fiancee a 30 watt sig for her birthday along with her main present, but it broke at my house, just stopped outputting above minimum power. Because it was a present, I got her another, but did not want to buy the 30 as it broke on me/her, so got her a 50 watt instead, with a bit more power so she can have a bit of fun with other tanks and RDA's when she gets to that.

I do DIY for myself, but I will also be DIYing for her as she has no idea how, but with Nicotine for her, as I use 0 nic, going to start her on 6MG after some advice on here. Nautilus mini tank on the sig 50, 11-16 watts depending on the juice for her. She was quite ill though, she is OK now, and this time round asked to vape, as she wanted to stop, so I think it has high chances of working, as before was when she wasn't so well, and I was tryin to get her onto vaping. But, she is seeing things herself now and made the choice, nicotine base hopefully should come tommorow as it didn't arrive today, it has been shipped so just a waiting game now.

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Right then. I was vaguely aware you DIY'd but missed that you use Omg therefore had none on hand.

Carry on. :)
Ahh I get you mate. Yeah its weird, I knew I would either go back to the cigarettes, as I was going through a bad time with Cheyenne not being well, that I thought 'hmm before I do that, lets try a proper vape' as I had only used egos and CE4's before.

Glad to say, it satisfied what I wanted. It wasn't nicotine I wanted, I guess it was something to do with my hands and maybe the hand to mouth action, plus the inhaling and exhaling action? Probably a combination, but I made 0MG after buying 2 shop bought 0MG, that tasted nothing like they was meant to.

By then, I had come across these forums, and found I could make the same bottle of 10 ml's that cost me £4-5 for pennies. I enjoy mixing juice now, as well as making coils, its all part of the process to me, so I enjoy it. She does have an RDA, a mutation x V4, I did show her how to build a coil but she doesn't remember much from her ill part, so I think I will have to go over ohms law again, and show her the calculators I use and how to wrap a coil and install it in the RDA, then how to test it on the tester before using it.

But, for now, she is going to use a nautilus mini, cappucino flavour (honest this cappucino tastes like you have just sipped a mouthful of the real thing, its from chefs vapours in wales, but is a gorgeous concentrate at 70VG30PG) with 6MG nic to start.

Nancy_Bout

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Love my Sig and my EVICVT those are the only mods that are recent that I find myself reaching for the most!
Both work seamlessly!
I never thought I would go over 50-60 watts but I am vaping 66 watts tonight lol
Good luck in your decision

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DakotaS

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have always been a long time Sigelei fan... there are other very capable mods out there but I guess I'm just brand loyal.
I bought the 150 TC right after it came out and I am totally in love... it's just built like a tank and I have had zero issues.

So yes... go with the Sigelei. They are normally very well made devices that will make a good workhorse for a long time.

VU Sponsors